BW/BW2 PokéBeach's Official 5th Gen. Global Link Codes and Events List - 7/11/13 Genesect Doll

RE: PokéBeach's Official Global Link Codes and Events List | 7/11/13 Genesect Doll

All promotions that I had seen ended on that date. It uses a database to store promotion information such as the dates it is effective.

RE: PokéBeach's Official Global Link Codes and Events List | 7/11/13 Genesect Doll

xxashxx said:
Are you sure they did not pull them before the end date to prepare fpr X & Y? They are doing something weird XD.:)

I'm thinking this. It's a bit late for another event when the Global Link is closing down in October.

Just think these events will become pretty rare after next year. I have all the DW events except the DW Korean Pikachu XD.:)

Reminder: There's less than 30 days of Generation 5 Global Link left! Remember to get the most of it while you can! The Global Link will close down on October 1st for the 12 day XY maintenance. The new Global Link will go live October 12th(probably a day or so earlier).

Teeboy23 said:
Reminder: There's less than 30 days of Generation 5 Global Link left! Remember to get the most of it while you can! The Global Link will close down on October 1st for the 12 day XY maintenance. The new Global Link will go live October 12th(probably a day or so earlier).

Mm, I tried to read the notice thoroughly after it came out, and from what I see, you should have until December; October is simply when new member and game registrations are being closed off:

Announcement page said:
Saturday, October 12, 2013 (TBD):

| New registration will be closed, and existing platers will not be able to register additional games to their accounts.
| The demo version of the Pokemon Global Link will become unavailable.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 (TBD):

| Although Game Sync will still be possible, the tucking in of new Pokemon will become unavailable.
| Tucked in Pokemon can still be woken up.

http://en.pokemon-gl.com/about/e_notice/

Stupid school; let me have more time so I can get the last things I need from DW! I'd rather not have to trade with other people if necessary, because those people are hard to find...

Chariblaze said:
Teeboy23 said:

Mm, I tried to read the notice thoroughly after it came out, and from what I see, you should have until December; October is simply when new member and game registrations are being closed off:

Announcement page said:
Saturday, October 12, 2013 (TBD):

| New registration will be closed, and existing platers will not be able to register additional games to their accounts.
| The demo version of the Pokemon Global Link will become unavailable.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 (TBD):

| Although Game Sync will still be possible, the tucking in of new Pokemon will become unavailable.
| Tucked in Pokemon can still be woken up.

http://en.pokemon-gl.com/about/e_notice/

Oops. sorry. Let me rephrase that. :p It'll still be available until January, but they begin taking away features from the old one as soon as the new Global Lonk opens on October 12th.

Anyone else completely baffled with the way that this whole PokeMiles thing is being handled? I have no clue why they didn't announce this when the 6th gen GL was announced, and there's not enough time to work towards any of these rewards, it's pretty much a done deal at this point. And being rewarded for purchasing furniture is stupid too, because there's no reason to buy that much of it.

Bolt the Cat said:
Anyone else completely baffled with the way that this whole PokeMiles thing is being handled? I have no clue why they didn't announce this when the 6th gen GL was announced, and there's not enough time to work towards any of these rewards, it's pretty much a done deal at this point. And being rewarded for purchasing furniture is stupid too, because there's no reason to buy that much of it.

The rewards make sense for very long-time users, but yeah, having this half-announcement this late is a little bleh for anyone who just jumped in at the announcement of the closing. I've been shipping away all my berries, thinking they'd be of no use in the DW anymore. And those Dream Point rewards, bahaha.

I think I've got around 7000 points cumulatively. You get 50 a day for logging in, and I'd think that's for logging in to each game, so let's quadruple that to a flat 200 a day. There are 75 days before closing... subtract the 12 day maintenance coming up, plus other niggles, and let's bring that down to 55 days. So between now and closing, I can get a flat 11000 for logging in... add that to my 7000, and we get 18000 points almost guaranteed.

Other streams of revenue are gaining Dream Pals and watering other's berries, both of which are a little late this far in the game. So that leaves winning minigames, which give 20 points a pop. I can maybe do one minigame every 3 minutes, and I can stay in the DW for 1 hour per game. So 20 minigames an hour times 4 games a day equals 80 minigames a day. Times 20 points a pop equals 1600 points a day for four hours of work. Bring back our 55 days until closing, multiply it by 1600, and we get 88000. So if I do a full four hours a day from now until closing, I might be able to hit 100000. To be a little more reasonable and go after 50000 points, I'm still looking at about 2 hours of minigames a day, and--bahaha, that's a horrible waste of time. But still, I'm glad for those who've stuck with the DW and have qualified for these medals already. Good on you. :)

Chariblaze said:
I think I've got around 7000 points cumulatively. You get 50 a day for logging in, and I'd think that's for logging in to each game, so let's quadruple that to a flat 200 a day. There are 75 days before closing... subtract the 12 day maintenance coming up, plus other niggles, and let's bring that down to 55 days. So between now and closing, I can get a flat 11000 for logging in... add that to my 7000, and we get 18000 points almost guaranteed.

What "niggles" could possibly take 8 days of DW away?

Chariblaze said:
Other streams of revenue are gaining Dream Pals and watering other's berries, both of which are a little late this far in the game. So that leaves winning minigames, which give 20 points a pop. I can maybe do one minigame every 3 minutes, and I can stay in the DW for 1 hour per game. So 20 minigames an hour times 4 games a day equals 80 minigames a day. Times 20 points a pop equals 1600 points a day for four hours of work. Bring back our 55 days until closing, multiply it by 1600, and we get 88000. So if I do a full four hours a day from now until closing, I might be able to hit 100000. To be a little more reasonable and go after 50000 points, I'm still looking at about 2 hours of minigames a day, and--bahaha, that's a horrible waste of time. But still, I'm glad for those who've stuck with the DW and have qualified for these medals already. Good on you. :)

Let's see, I'm at 66,000, but I only have one game that can connect to the internet, so that leaves me at about 500-600 points per day. So if it really is 55, I won't be able to make 100,000 with mini games alone.

RE: PokéBeach's Official Global Link Codes and Events List - 7/11/13 Genesect Doll

Bolt the Cat said:
Chariblaze said:

What "niggles" could possibly take 8 days of DW away?

Unforeseen emergency maintenance, maintenance on the XY side that affects the Gen V side, accidentally missing a day -- anything.

RE: PokéBeach's Official Global Link Codes and Events List - 7/11/13 Genesect Doll

Has anyone heard about the new Dream World if tnere will be one? I keep getting mixed messages saying that there will not be one. I thought when they redo the PGL that they were upgrading the Dream World with added bonuses and what not. What is the actual scoop? Thanks XD.:)

Chariblaze said:
Unforeseen emergency maintenance, maintenance on the XY side that affects the Gen V side, accidentally missing a day -- anything.

That doesn't seem very likely.

xxashxx said:
Has anyone heard about the new Dream World if tnere will be one? I keep getting mixed messages saying that there will not be one. I thought when they redo the PGL that they were upgrading the Dream World with added bonuses and what not. What is the actual scoop? Thanks XD.:)

There's no confirmation on a 6th gen DW, but the PokeMileage Club has several features in it that are reminiscent of the current DW, so it's a safe bet that it will be replaced.

The fact that GF has been pushing the term "hidden ability" may suggest it won't necessarily always be called the dream world. The abilities will certainly continue, but their method of being of being obtained will likely be renamed/changed.

Ah so there could be a chance that it may come back. I guess we will see in 2 week. I might get the eshop ones until I can get the physical ones to tie me over until I do get the real ones. We'll see XD.:)

xxashxx said:
Ah so there could be a chance that it may come back. I guess we will see in 2 week. I might get the eshop ones until I can get the physical ones to tie me over until I do get the real ones. We'll see XD.:)

The digital copies are "real", the only difference is that the physical ones are stored on a cartridge and the digital ones are stored in the system's memory, they'll both have the same features.

Wait. I thought they went to the SD card? Photos can only be on the system memory XD.:)

xxashxx said:
Wait. I thought they went to the SD card? Photos can only be on the system memory XD.:)

Or the SD card, whatever.

Right now I'm trying to reach 50,000, and I have like 30,000 with 2 games. There's also those medals for catching entree forest pokemon, 100 I think, which we will never be able to get if we happen to start a new game now or we might barely since the recharge time is now 20hrs, not 24hrs, but probably not.

Trainerhan1 said:
or we might barely since the recharge time is now 20hrs, not 24hrs, but probably not.

:O I thought something was up. I do my rounds at 7 P.M. one day, then try again at like 5 P.M. the next and find Game Sync working, somehow. Cool.

Back