PokéBeach Create-A-Card September 2013! Kudos to PMJ and Teal!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card September 2013!

Eelektross 140 HP [L]
Stage 2 (Evolves from Eelektrik)

NO. 604 Elefish Pokémon HT: 6'11" WT: 177.5 lbs.

[Ability] Overcharged
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, you may put 2 damage counters on your opponent's Active Pokémon. If you do, put 3 damage counters on this Pokémon.

[[L][L][C][C] Flash Cannon 70
Flip a coin. If heads, each of your Pokémon's attacks do 20 more damage to the Defending Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance) during your next turn.

Weakness: [F] x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C][C][C]

It uses it's arms to crawl out of the ocean to attack their prey. They drag their prey into the ocean and electrify it before eating.
Card^

First attempt at a text-based fake. Hopefully I didn't make any dumb mistakes :p GL to everyone!

Those of you who follow my DeviantART will know that I've recently started a new set where I make fake cards of the Maverick bosses from Mega Man X... when working on those, I remembered that the theme for the Beach contest is "Flash", so I had this idea.

wd6o.png

Consider it a preview of the inevitable eventual Mega Man 2 set. Thanks to Aki for the schweet looking Hexagram foil effect :D

I know this is quite a liberal interpretation of the phrase "Pokémon card", so if the officials wish not to include it that's fair enough. Be thankful, it was either this or a Jynx card... :p

(doublepost) ...And I've just acknowledged the wording error. Flame Claw, you're an idiot. :')

EDIT: Y'know what? Sod it. I'm sacrificing three points. Would rather put out something worth looking at than win a contest. Especially given that it was a grammatical error, which imo should be punishable with execution... :p

Whew. Finally done with my entry! It went through a lot of changes, that's for sure. The attack started as an ability. It went from Alakazam, to Dusknoir, to Salamence, to Archeops ex (from the ex era), and finally Kabutops. I would've went with the Archeops one, but I felt like I would be steeling the idea from Eagle's entries from the past couple months (or anyone else who did that idea that I don't know of), which were Gen 4 Pokemon that were from the ex era.

(Note: My entry is from the ex era.)
Kabutops ex // 150 HP [F]
100px-0,81,0,80-Kabutops_HGSS_2.png

140.png
Stage 2 Evolves from Kabuto
[When Pokémon-ex has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.]

[Poké-POWER] Fossilization
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a Basic Pokémon or Evolution card from your hand. If you do, put 3 damage counters on Kabutops ex.

[W][F] Flashback
Search your discard for a Basic Pokémon or Evolution card, and choose 1 of it's attacks. Flashback copies that attack. This attack does nothing if Kabutops ex doesn't have the Energy necessary to use that attack. (You must still do anything else required for that attack.) Kabutops ex performs that attack. Then, shuffle the Pokémon you copied the attack from into your deck. If the attack you copied is named Flashback, this attack does nothing.

weakness
[G]
resistance

retreat cost

The reason for the clause at the end there is to prevent you from getting back all of your Kabutops ex when you use the attack. If it wasn't there, you could copy Flashback, shuffle Kabutops back in, then copy another attack.

Well, you could either fix that for maybe 1 more point and then lose 3, or you could leave it as is. Your choice.
At this point I would not recommend that.

@DNA you've added a -3 to Arcticwhite on the front page but not mine. Just pointing it out :p

Flame Claw said:
@DNA you've added a -3 to Arcticwhite on the front page but not mine. Just pointing it out :p

Because at the time I added you to the OP, it wasn't edited yet. I see it is now. That 'by' was a little out of place, wasn't it? :p

I appreciate your honesty. Fixed.

441.png

Basic Pokemon
Flash Chatot 50 HP
20px-Colorless-attack.png

Music Note Pokemon. Length 1'08", Weight 4.2 lbs.

Pokemon Power: Flash Communication
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may discard a Pokemon with Flash in its name from your hand. If you do, shuffle your hand into your deck, then draw a new hand of 6 cards.

Mass Flash Attack 10x
This attack does 10 damage times the number of Pokemon you have in play with Flash in their name.

Weakness:
20px-Lightning-attack.png

Resistance:
20px-Fighting-attack.png
Retreat Cost:

Most often found in forests with lots of rain, Chatot enjoy eating seeds. LV. 34 #441
I tried to make it like a spin off of the Light and Dark Pokemon back from Neo era. I tried to find wording and had to improvise for about half of it, but it is probably some of the better works I've done in recent months. First one that isn't BW era (neo era) so let's hope for the best. thanks to Bulbagarden for the energy types. Also could someone try not to steal my idea of the Flash Pokemon :p thatd be great.

I haven't been able to submit anything for a while, so I thought I'd wait on signing up until I actually did make something. The artwork isn't exactly new, but I didn't like the old card I made with it, so I decided to tweak it and reuse it.

mew_pbcac9_13_zpsedc1f58d.png

Borrow would probably be useless in most situations, but it would prove useful if the Defending Pokémon had an HP-adding Pokémon Tool and remaining HP less than or equal to the added amount. In this situation, the Defending Pokémon would be Knocked Out. I don't think this situation is very likely, but whatever.

I was a little worried that Restoring Glow might have been a little OP'd, so I made it require 3 Energy, heal the opponent's Pokémon, and only allow a single use (even if you have more than one of this card in your deck) which may or may not work due to the required coin flip.

Hm, your font spacing is strange...

NOW, FOR MY GRANDE PHYSICS THOUGHT UP CARD! GIVE A BIG HAND FOR...

WALL OF UNOWN! WITH 50% MORE FLASH

Flash counter rule:
You can choose to sacrifice your one energy attachment for the turn and instead, search for an electric energy card. Then you shuffle, obviously. It also has additional effects when used with attacks/powers/bodies/etc, but not all pokémon will provide extra effects.

NeFxrmk.png

I swear to God if I made a typo I'll... Well, I don't know what I'll do. I proofread, too, so it shouldn't be an issue... Right?

PSD file if anyone is interested, not that they are. Is shoddy. Here: http://sta.sh/0abtkziguyn

Is it meant to not have an attack name? Attacks need names so they can be used, because you have to announce it in the game...

Of course it's not meant to have an attack name. The attack is simply referred to as "I ATTACK"
^^
^^;
Yeah, that's it!
Don't penalize me or anything, it's 100% legit meant to be like that!
Goddamnit

I KNOW! I'll use my x-treme CSS skills to hover an attack name over the card! Nobody will ever know... He he he...

Or, I'll make a new account with TOR... Yeah, sounds about right.

But really, it's meant to be referred to as "I attack" because the card has only 1 attack

Tags and Caps abuse aren't necessary. - Delta

So the lack of a printed attack name is...intentional?

DNA said:
So the lack of a printed attack name is...intentional?

I am not at liberty to confirm or deny this.

Maybe it's a part of the Pokebody but seperate at the same time :eek:oo

originality points!

Up to CMP, then.

It confuses me. Original, though.

You can always count on me to come up with something so well thought out that your brain can't process it.

Back