PokéBeach Create-A-Card October 2013! Worship Nod3, PMJ, and Teal!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card October 2013!

Nod3 said:
The artist still hasn't responded yet, so I guess I'll just use Xous' sugimori style sharpedo
Sugimori-Style Art: I've always wanted this kind of art to be pretty much "free" for people to use. I've stated in the past that all I ever really want from people who use my Sugimori-style art is credit if possible. (There's an old journal entry on it, should you feel like reading it.) I should have done this from the get-go when I first added my second watermark to my art, but for some reason I didn't. So now, all of my future Sugimori-style art will feature a watermark simply stating If used, please provide credit. That's it. No need to get permission. If you use the art and post it online, say somewhere my artwork was made by me. This should save people a looooot of time, since 99% of what people want to use is this kind of art. Just use it and, if possible, give credit where credit is due! Easy.

Since I have 400+ images in this category it's impossible for me, from a time standpoint, to go back and edit each and every piece with the updated watermark. I'd love to, but I just can't.
5ad11cu.png

Lazy inspection... YOLO lol

Interesting concept about the attack

Put me back in so that we have at least 10 image based contestants. :)

Teal said:
Based on his last few posts I think someone hacked PMJ's account.

Exactly, I actually thought he'd withdrawn from this month's contest. Unless he's changed his mind, I don't know. If he has been hacked then it needs to be reported to the moderators. However, We to get evidence first to prove that it's been hacked into, and then decide whether or not it's worth reporting.

His account has not been hacked nor is this the place to discuss it if it was.

Hey DNA, for the CaC set symbol... I think that
1) It seems out of place for some of the older gens, eg. plat, e-card, or neo.
2) It's got rough edges
Perhaps different set symbols for different era blanks could be used (not radically different though: For platinum it could be as simple as removing the blue bits and the border, leaving only the text-shape, then making the text-shape black and stroking it)

Go harass Nekoban Ryo about it, then (since he made it). If he makes variants, maybe we can institute that for next month.

Nod3 said:
Hey DNA, for the CaC set symbol... I think that
1) It seems out of place for some of the older gens, eg. plat, e-card, or neo.
2) It's got rough edges
Perhaps different set symbols for different era blanks could be used (not radically different though: For platinum it could be as simple as removing the blue bits and the border, leaving only the text-shape, then making the text-shape black and stroking it)

Some of the older sets, particularly Japanese ones, had big, colored, gradient-shaded set symbols. The Neo Starter Kit was one such set. As for e-cards, the Japanese McDonald's promos had a similar style (excluding the gradient). And nearly every DP-BW set has had a rectangular symbol with text inside. The symbol was made to be versatile.

The black stroke does make the edges look a bit rough when scaled down. I would suggest always removing the thin black stroke and replacing it with a white one. That, or you could just select the black stroke and recolor it white (what I usually do). Whatever works best for you. The only reason it's there is so DNA could see the edges when I originally suggested the idea. It should probably be removed now.

EDIT: Here it is without the black stroke and I made the white border slightly thicker: http://oi44.tinypic.com/20k5fe9.jpg

Tinypic gave it a JPG extension for some odd reason, but it's still a PNG file. o_O

I almost wish I could still enter, but I'm guessing it's too late now, huh? Hmm...
- - - - -
Anyway good luck everybody :D

GoobieDoob said:
I almost wish I could still enter, but I'm guessing it's too late now, huh? Hmm...
- - - - -

There's still time.

Anyway, better do it now
shinytyranitar_zps1db7a790.png

Blui said:
GoobieDoob said:
- - - - -

There's still time.

Anyway, better do it now
shinytyranitar_zps1db7a790.png

I love the card you made, but the description seems a bit weak, sorry if this offends you, it wasn't intended.

The part where it says it is very rare to find, seems like something a 10 year old would say. Other than that, the card is really good. I love the Holo style for it, I haven't seen anyone do that in fake cards before. Congrats on your card, it's definitely one of the better fake cards I have seen.

Perhaps something like

The colour of this Pokémon is different to the norm, the origins of how it happened are unknown, perhaps through evolution. Scientists are still baffled.

That isn't great, but perhaps an idea ?

@TPC, I see what you're saying, I don't like it that much either, but on the actual SR cards they have the same description. And thank you for the feedback. (But this wasn't the version I was meant to submit, check my thread for that (even thought that one has an error))

TheTPCProductionz said:
Blui said:
There's still time.

Anyway, better do it now

I love the card you made, but the description seems a bit weak, sorry if this offends you, it wasn't intended.

The part where it says it is very rare to find, seems like something a 10 year old would say. Other than that, the card is really good. I love the Holo style for it, I haven't seen anyone do that in fake cards before. Congrats on your card, it's definitely one of the better fake cards I have seen.

Perhaps something like

The colour of this Pokémon is different to the norm, the origins of how it happened are unknown, perhaps through evolution. Scientists are still baffled.

You do realize that is exactly what Pokemon puts on their shiny cards? It sound like something a 10 year old would say because pokemon is incorrectlyaimed twords 10 year olds.

Sorry all, gotta pull out of this one. Uni assignments take priority, and I still have a bunch of them to do due Sunday (at least it's the end of the uni year for me after this!)

See you all next month! ^_^

Reggie McGigas said:
TheTPCProductionz said:

Perhaps something like

You do realize that is exactly what Pokemon puts on their shiny cards? It sound like something a 10 year old would say because pokemon is incorrectlyaimed twords 10 year olds.

Yeah, but this is his card, not theirs. He doesn't have to put what they put. There isn't any 10 year olds on this forum.

TheTPCProductionz said:
Reggie McGigas said:

Yeah, but this is his card, not theirs. He doesn't have to put what they put. There isn't any 10 year olds on this forum.

Or perhaps Blui knows it'll award more points in the Believability category. ;)

Bottom line: some fakers make cards that aim to be as realistic is possible, while some aim to appease the judges. Some might do both.

It is infact different on his page, so I guess this was for the CAC contest.

I went through your thread Blui love your cards, when are you making a Pikachu ?

Go to HIS thread to talk about this... - Delta

Sorry to see you pull out this month, bigfootaus. Better luck next month, no? Hope to see you then!

TheTPCProductionz said:
There isn't any 10 year olds on this forum.

You're telling me that, this whole time I've been on PB, I was older than 10?

Back