Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: March 2017 - Nationalites - Results Are Now Up!

Ty Comfy Hat

The Cosmic rage of Astral Dwarfs from Aberdeen.
Ergh, looking back, I see the anti-aliasing of a lot of the text on my entry looks pretty bad (most noticibly on the Ability/Attack effects), likely as a result of compression. Should've looked out for that before uploading. There's nothing wrong with the font or anything, and it looks fine on the raw .psd file. Let's just hope it only loses me one point instead of the two I'd lose for giving it a quick fix.

Anyway, here's the full-res illustration I made for my entry, if anyone wants it. Enjoy.
Brit Entei.png

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
Welp, here goes nothing!
Abomasnow HP: 120 [G] Stage 1 (Evolves from Snover)

Ability: Brave The Cold
Once during your turn, if this Pokemon is Paralyzed you may heal 30 damage from it.

[W][C] Frost Coating 30
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Paralyzed. If tails, this Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

[W][W] Nature's Balance
Put up to 11 damage counters on this Pokemon. Put the same amount of damage counters on your opponent's Active Pokemon.

Weakness: [R] x2 / Resistance: [W] -20 / Retreat: [C][C]

They appear when the snow flowers bloom. When the petals fall, they retreat to places unknown again.
We all know about that stereotype that us Canadians love the cold. While the opinion on that varies depending on who you ask, it must have some truth to it considering we're all still here. :U So its ability is basically called Brave The Cold due to that stereotype. I also picked it because Canada has a lot of wildlife and Abomasnow is part Grass.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Braviary-GX.jpg

I decided to designed this card as a unglued card, meaning they are supposed to be funny in nature and gamebreaking. Not only do they do this well, they can also referenced mechanics that can't even exist in the game. This was the ONLY way I could have done this card justice. America the Great. This is how the world sees us anyway. Designing this card, I had to look up the most American characters ever, Duke Nukem. Everything else fell into place after that.

Of course I had to make the art great for this. A jacked up Braviary with two Pidgeot girls around him. Of course he needs Aviators because they seem to be the American choice as well as a huge cigar. The bullets around his American chest is there for good measure. We also needed a explosion and a group of F-35 flying overhead to deliver freedom. The Braivary also has a American hair cut, just like Duke Nukem.

Bonus points for everyone who gets all the references on this cards.

Braviary-GX [C] HP 300
Stage 1- Sent by God

Ability: Cause 'Murica

Once during your turn, you may draw 1 card from your opponent's deck, then choose 1 card from their discard pile and put it into your hand.

[C][C] Wings of Freedom 100

Choose 3 of your opponent's Pokemon. They can't attack during your opponent's next turn, because Freedom.

[C][C][C] Democracy GX

Put cards from the top of your opponent's deck into their Prize cards until Democracy is delivered (which is 6 Prize cards).

Weakness: Liberals x2
Resistance: Terrorist -300
Retreat Cost: America Doesn't Retreat

http://chazolave.deviantart.com/art/BraviaryPidgeot-668719823

Artwork for those who want to see it.

Ty Comfy Hat

The Cosmic rage of Astral Dwarfs from Aberdeen.

I decided to designed this card as a unglued card, meaning they are supposed to be funny in nature and gamebreaking. Not only do they do this well, they can also referenced mechanics that can't even exist in the game. This was the ONLY way I could have done this card justice. America the Great. This is how the world sees us anyway. Designing this card, I had to look up the most American characters ever, Duke Nukem. Everything else fell into place after that.

Of course I had to make the art great for this. A jacked up Braviary with two Pidgeot girls around him. Of course he needs Aviators because they seem to be the American choice as well as a huge cigar. The bullets around his American chest is there for good measure. We also needed a explosion and a group of F-35 flying overhead to deliver freedom. The Braivary also has a American hair cut, just like Duke Nukem.

Braviary-GX [C] HP 300
Stage 1- Sent by God

Once during your turn, you may draw 1 card from your opponent's deck, then choose 1 card from their discard pile and put it into your hand.

Choose 3 of your opponent's Pokemon. They can't attack during your opponent's next turn, because Freedom.

[C][C][C] Democracy GX

Put cards from the top of your opponent's deck into their Prize cards until Democracy is delivered (which is 6 Prize cards).

Was it intentional that the illustration makes Braviary (kinda) look like the mascot for a fried chicken place? Because it's a nice touch.

Edit: Okay, after seeing the plain version of the image on Deviantart, it definitely isn't. But still, my point stands. Kind of.

Last edited:

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Was it intentional that the illustration makes Braviary (kinda) look like the mascot for a fried chicken place? Because it's a nice touch.

Edit: Okay, after seeing the plain version of the image on Deviantart, it definitely isn't. But still, my point stands. Kind of.

I did have this idea for a food place called Patriot Chicken, where they cook the bird on the backs of terrorist. Everything has to be a joke, lol.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop from this month's contest. Been really sick for close to a week now so I haven't had the time to even think of a card. Between illness and prepping for our vacation later this month, I just don't think I'll have the time.

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
Unfortunately, I'd like to drop. I don't think I'll have the time to do my card in time. Really sorry about this. :/

fondle_my_fingers

Yes I am Judging You
Heyyyy I wanna register for image based but I haven't looked at a Pokemon card in 4eva so if anyone wants to partner with me for the text that would be lit
I think my old account on here was anabel1406 and I used to make cards so I have experience!

Nyora

A Cat

Braviary-GX [C] HP 300
Stage 1- Sent by God

[C][C][C] Democracy GX

Holy crap that is sooo funny man! The art is amazing and everything in the card just made me laugh, and it a
So aall makes sense! Great Job!

Corgimaster

Card Faker, Image Maker, Competitive TCG player!
crystal_pidgeot , I saw your entry, and now I am very scared! Also, I have a question for bbninjas: If I have 2 cards that tie into each other, does that count as 1 entry?

TheSceptileMaster

Gastrodon ate my cake
Victini [R] HP 80
Basic

Ability: Forever Fight

Whenever this Pokemon affected by the effects of attacks, including damage, check the top card of your opponent's deck. If the card is a Trainer card, you may place 1 damage on you opponent's Active Pokemon. If the card is an Energy card, you may attach a basic Energy card from your discard pile to one of your Pokemon in play. If the card is a Pokemon card, you may remove 1 damage counter from this Pokemon.

[R] [C] Red and White Fire 60

If the Defending Pokemon is a [W] type, you may switch that Pokemon with one of your opponent's Benched Pokemon or you may place 1 damage counter on each of your opponent's Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: [W] (x2)
Resistance: (-20)
Retreat: [C]
Victini's heart has a center made a special type of white fire, giving it a special power to bestow victory and luck upon those who earn its respect.

I chose Victini since I am Turkish and the red and white of Victini represents our flag. The ability and attacks relate into some concepts from the national anthem, and I just tried to make both of these pretty balanced although interesting attack and ability.

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
I am gonna have to drop, I have become unexpectedly busy. Sorry about this, if there are any penalties that is ok, I am willing to take them

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
crystal_pidgeot , I saw your entry, and now I am very scared! Also, I have a question for bbninjas: If I have 2 cards that tie into each other, does that count as 1 entry?
Judging from a similar circumstance in the last thread, no. Only one card will be judged as an entry, though you may post the other card for context.
The post Tyler linked to is correct. :)

I am gonna have to drop, I have become unexpectedly busy. Sorry about this, if there are any penalties that is ok, I am willing to take them
No penalties, since you dropped before the 23rd! Which reminds me, if you wish to drop, you must do so before the 23rd of March! This is also means that the deadline is less than 7 days away, on the 27th. Check this countdown for when the deadline falls in your timezone.

Yog

Rogue
I have mine done bar the art which is taking the longest time. On the one hand I could drop but otoh, I may as well put it in even if I don't get the art done.

Nyan

She/They
Woo!
Scrafty_EX_CAC.png

This card was inspired on gang culture within America... primarily LA, because I have lived in Cali all my life. I really wanted to go with a graffiti feel on the card, so I made a big pink ink splatter. It was meant to cover up things that are not usually covered up on the card, such as the 2016 Pokemon logo or... the blank itself really. Kinda as though the card has been vandalized a bit. I went with scrafty because... it's the hoodlum Pokemon. XD. (things to note, it's not a team skull card, and P B stands for PokeBeach) I had to edit it to credit the illustrator properly, i'll take the 2 pt loss :C

Last edited: