PokéBeach Create-A-Card July 2013! Our winners are Delta Nite, Teal, and Zarco!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card July 2013!

Machamp the Champion said:
Nod3 said:
Th energies for the attacks are in the wrong order. First, you ALWAYS put the type of the Pokemon first (unless its a colourless type), you finish off with colourless energies, and for 1+ energies inbetween, you refer to your latest edition of the TCG rulebook and draw what you can from there. Typically, the rulebook doesn't contain the energy list, so maybe use the (probably) well known basic symbolsheet for dppt by fangking ordering.

I was going to say that, but I thought it would've been too nitpicky, lol.

The Energies for attacks go in a certain order, no matter what type the Pokemon is. I believe that order is the same order cards go in a set (well, that's just Black & White, but it still applies), so Grass first, then Fire, then Water, and ending in Colorless. It's never happened in Black & White (I'm pretty sure, at least. Except Abomasnow in Megalo Cannon, and Dragon Types, but those don't have Energy of there own type in them), but here's an example of it in the ex era, and another in the Diamond & Pearl era. The bottom line here is that PMJ is still wrong.

The metagross example, I can't argue with, but in EX, the first energy is actually 1 spot to the right of what appears to be the first one.

Edit: It also appears that the text is either squashed down a little vertically or stretched out a little horizontally, and all the energies appear to have a faint black stroke around them. I also think the energies are too close together, but that's just personal opinion.

Machamp the Champion said:
I was going to say that, but I thought it would've been too nitpicky, lol.

The Energies for attacks go in a certain order, no matter what type the Pokemon is. I believe that order is the same order cards go in a set (well, that's just Black & White, but it still applies), so Grass first, then Fire, then Water, and ending in Colorless. It's never happened in Black & White (I'm pretty sure, at least. Except Abomasnow in Megalo Cannon, and Dragon Types, but those don't have Energy of there own type in them), but here's an example of it in the ex era, and another in the Diamond & Pearl era. The bottom line here is that PMJ is still wrong.

I think Darkness and Metal Energy are exceptions because they were initially released as Special Energy, therefore always come after other Energy, if any, with the exception of Colorless.

THERE GOD >:O

I used Shining Tyranitar for reference since I couldn't think of any other cards that had both Darkness and Fighting requirements in one attack.

DNA said:
I think types always go in this order.

Shining Kabutops, anyone?

Pokémon's type (excluding Darkness and Metal), then it might be the above order. I always thought it was FGLPRW, though.

Reggie McGigas said:
DNA said:
I think types always go in this order.

Correct but you need to add in dragon between steel and normal, as well as the pokemon's type goes first.
Just been established it does not always apply.

Here goes...

Donphan 110 HP [F]
Stage 1
Evolves from Phanpy

NO. 232 Armor Pokémon HT: 3'07" WT: 264.6 lbs

[F] Crushing Stomp
Put 2 damage counters on all of your opponent's Pokémon that have Pokémon Tool cards attached to them. Then, discard all Pokémon Tool cards attached to each of your opponent's Pokémon.

[F][C][C] Gaia Fissure 80
You may discard any Stadium card in play. If you do, you may do 80 damage to any 1 Benched Pokémon instead. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

weakness [W] x2
resistance [L] -20
retreat cost [C][C][C]

Donphan travels by rolling into a wheel. Many tire designs are based off of Donphan's tough, flexible exoskeleton.

TERRAKION EX
terrakion_ex_by_blui129-d6e4s1u.png

U mad?

That Terrakion ex <3

Just a heads up, I'm thinking the ex symbol should go a bit to the left, and the Dark resistance symbol should go to the right (it's supposed to be centred with the whole "resistance -30" as opposed to just "resistance" :D

Yeah the "ex" is almost the same as BW (spacing wise) just a few pixels bigger.

T3R-R4K-10N

I see what you did there

DNA said:
T3R-R4K-10N

I see what you did there

I've done that to all my ex-era cards, it's about time someone noticed :p

Reggie McGigas said:
DNA said:
T3R-R4K-10N

I see what you did there

I saw that as well. why do they have that code anyways?

I have no idea :p

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
I'm so confused could someone please explain

Look at the bottom left of Blui's card. And you may also want to look at the bottom left of a ex era card.

Its called leet speak, where you use numbers/symbols instead of letters. I started it off when I made my Rocket's Maractus last year. Bit of fun with an otherwise boring code, used for business ID purposes :D

I tried to put a name in my card's DPBP, but it was too long. Luckily, the first two bits were properly fitting (that is, 1234#123), but unfortunately, there's no way to spell "mal" in leetspeak that also conforms to DPBP standards.

Back