PokéBeach Create-A-Card July 2013! Our winners are Delta Nite, Teal, and Zarco!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card July 2013!

...Are you quite sure of this, Flame Claw?

I am indeed!

Given the power creep over the last few years that card is possibly quite believable for 2017...

Future nod here, that card wins pokebeach and permanently shuts down CaCs because there is nothing humanely achievable that is even close to its splendor. Also that card is like a bloody omburla... Wait, that pokemon hasn't been invented yet... magikarp in 2017.

Edit: A CHALLENGER APPEARS (not real entry)
dora_the_destroyer_by_nod3rator-d6935k3.png

Okay, a little silliness won't be an issue, but let's not derail the contest, okay? :p

Bah, everybody's entered already because I used the super-effective "hyperspeed"

CMP will be taking over aschefield101 for judging image-based, from now on (at least in the foreseeable future).

DNA said:
CMP will be taking over aschefield101 for judging image-based, from now on (at least in the foreseeable future).

Oh? I guess I won't get judged by asche for the forseeable future.

Edit: That obliteration Pokemon can easily be killed by that machamp that knocks out basics for 1 energy.

Lugia123 said:
S**w it:

Phanpy HP 90 {F}

Ability: Power Trick
Once per game (before you attack) you may use this ability. Chose one one of the defending Pokemons attacks. This Pokemon may use that attack for the rest of the game. Treat that attacks energy cost as { } when used by this pokemon.

Ability: Rapad Spin
Three times during your turn (before you attack) you may search your deck for a {F} energy and attach it to one of your benched pokemon.

Weakness {G} Resistance {E}

Reatreat cost:

It swings its long snout around playfully, but because it is so strong, this can be dangerous.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had an idea so I had to use it.EDIT: changed rapid spin so its not as broken.

That must be one bad-ass elephant lol.

And teal, do you think you can make those icons available to the public? They look brilliant.

I'm pretty sure 30 people haven't entered yet, so sure. The deadline is the end of the month, not the middle.

Nod3 said:
Oh? I guess I won't get judged by asche for the forseeable future.

I can still judge you, just not in the card contest context haha! :p

Golem EX - - - 180 HP [F]
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Rock Core
Any Damage done to this Pokemon by attacks by Pokemon-EX is reduced by 30 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

[F][F][C] Crash and Burn 80+
If this Pokemon has more HP remaining than the Defending Pokemon, this attack does 40 more damage, then place 3 damage counters on this Pokemon.

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance: [L] -2
Retreat: [C][C][C]

I don't know if this will get to high a score... Ah whatever. IT'S MACHAMP!!!!!!!1

Machamp - 150HP - [F]
Stage 2 (Evolves from Machoke)
Spr_4h_068.png

NO. 68 Superpower Pokémon HT: 5'3" WT: 286.6 lbs

[F] Heavy Lifting 40
During your next turn, you may attach 2 more Energy cards.

[F][F][F] Tiring Smash 80+
You may do 60 more damage. If you do, discard all Energy attached to this Pokémon.

Weakness: [P] X2
Resistence:
Retreat Cost: 3

This Pokémon is very well-muscled. It has to work out 8 hours a day to maintain its great shape.

My favoritve part is the Pokédex entry.

First ever? First ever.

fsN7c1f.png

Unique mechanics ahoy! Only thing that's missing is the dex number, which will be filled in, eventually. Probably not this month. But I'll do it.

I didn't think I would ever get this done...

uncomfortable_sudowoodo_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d6dhwxl.png

Uncomfortable Sudowoodo LV.23 HP60 {F}

Mimicry Pokémon : Length 1.7 meters, Weight: 38 kilograms [PBCAC]

[Pokémon Ability] Uneasiness
As long as this Pokémon is your Battle Pokémon and your opponent's Battle Pokémon is a {W} Pokémon, this Pokémon becomes too scared to attack or retreat. This Ability cannot be stopped by any kind of effects.

{C} Deceive
This Pokémon is pretending to be a tree, so it just sits there and doesn't move. What a lame skill!

Weakness: {W}
Resistance: None
Retreat Cost: 3

This Pokémon hates water. One has to wonder why it doesn't pretend to be something less-likely to get watered.

Illustrated by Alex "KKN" Bowen (This card cannot be used in official tournaments) No. 185

EDIT: The link died, so I relinked it. Works fine now.

:O One thing though, I think 'lame skill' should be translated by pronunciation: レームスキル

Lemonnade said:
:O One thing though, I think 'lame skill' should be translated by pronunciation: レームスキル

I think I changed it to something else because I wasn't sure if "lame" would have the same meaning in Japanese. I think I made it "this skill is not very useful," or something like that. I was typing the translation from memory, so some things might be slightly off, but it still means the same thing.

EDIT: Nevermind, I did use "lame skill." However, Google translated it as なラメスキ (Ramesukiru). I probably should have made it "this skill is not very useful" after all. Maybe I should update it... This time I'll use BabelXL.

EDIT 2: Nah, I'll leave it. BabelXL's translations are coming out funkier than Google's, and that's saying something!

PMJ said:
First ever? First ever.

fsN7c1f.png

Unique mechanics ahoy! Only thing that's missing is the dex number, which will be filled in, eventually. Probably not this month. But I'll do it.

Th energies for the attacks are in the wrong order. First, you ALWAYS put the type of the Pokemon first (unless its a colourless type), you finish off with colourless energies, and for 1+ energies inbetween, you refer to your latest edition of the TCG rulebook and draw what you can from there. Typically, the rulebook doesn't contain the energy list, so maybe use the (probably) well known basic symbolsheet for dppt by fangking ordering.

Nod3 said:
PMJ said:
First ever? First ever.

fsN7c1f.png

Th energies for the attacks are in the wrong order. First, you ALWAYS put the type of the Pokemon first (unless its a colourless type), you finish off with colourless energies, and for 1+ energies inbetween, you refer to your latest edition of the TCG rulebook and draw what you can from there. Typically, the rulebook doesn't contain the energy list, so maybe use the (probably) well known basic symbolsheet for dppt by fangking ordering.

I was going to say that, but I thought it would've been too nitpicky, lol.

The Energies for attacks go in a certain order, no matter what type the Pokemon is. I believe that order is the same order cards go in a set (well, that's just Black & White, but it still applies), so Grass first, then Fire, then Water, and ending in Colorless. It's never happened in Black & White (I'm pretty sure, at least. Except Abomasnow in Megalo Cannon, and Dragon Types, but those don't have Energy of there own type in them), but here's an example of it in the ex era, and another in the Diamond & Pearl era. The bottom line here is that PMJ is still wrong.

Back