PokéBeach Create-A-Card December 2013! Lemonnade and Zygarde are victorious!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card December 2013!

Especially given how Magnezone can easily re-attach Energy from the discard and from the hand, that makes continual paralysis easy.
Er... What?

By itself, the Magnezone I made cannot attach energy from the Discard back to itself. And, given that I made the card to work in the current format, there's no way for it to happen with other cards either (easily).

Missed the Weakness and Resistence. *facedesk*

Congrats to lemonade and Four Arms though!

Er... What?

By itself, the Magnezone I made cannot attach energy from the Discard back to itself. And, given that I made the card to work in the current format, there's no way for it to happen with other cards either (easily).
As long as SF Magnezone and Eelektrik are a thing, you should be wary of auto-paralysis on anything.

DNA said:
Er... What?

As long as SF Magnezone and Eelektrik are a thing, you should be wary of auto-paralysis on anything.

...Are these cards judged by the unlimited format regardless if the era they were made in?

Didn't know. I made it for the current format. :p

...Are these cards judged by the unlimited format regardless if the era they were made in?
I judge by era, not format.

DNA said:
"It's center"? Really?

I really suck with contractions. I know you're supposed to use them when the word is 2 words put together, but sometimes I have no idea what the second word could be and I assume there's times when you should use it when there's just 1 word and it's all just confusing.

Congrats Lemonnade! Very good entry this time.

I'm surprised Teal scored so low. "So low" being a pretty respectable score. This is probably the lowest score he's ever gotten, lol.

DNA said:
I judge by era, not format.

Then the only Electric energy support would be Eelekrik, right?
Does a retreat cost of 3 not offset that enough?

Rush In; Float Stone?

No, KoN; you know better than that. Zekrom EX had 3 retreat.

A bench of Keldeo and two Eels would only leave you with bench space for two Magnemite.
Plus, Zekrom was a basic. Magnezone is a Stage 2.

Though, with the auto-paralyze, I can see what you mean.

GOD, NOW I FORGET TO CAPITALIZE "DEFENDING"?!?! o_O And I was about to place a [P][P][P] or a [P][P][P][F] Requirement on Psychotic Cut... u.u Well, you can't win 2 times in a row in your first two entries, I guess... XD

Congratulations to Lemonnade!

Thanks everyone! Reading through the entries, pretty much all of them were really creative, especially Eagle4's upside down Malamar :D I always liked the older TCG generations a bit more, so when my friend gave me Relicanth (I asked him for random Pokemon since I couldn't think of what to do) I found something along the lines of 'ancient' so I was like, definitely referencing the older gens.
Anyway, looking forward to 2014, and January's CaC!

Crap...once again a horrible score. I'm never going to win, but I guess I'll keep trying. You never know? :p

^ That's the kind of attitude we like to see on the Beach.

Congrats to Lemonnade - nice win, funny card.

Eagle4 - loved your card, even though I had to wonder how you got your text upside-down, haha.

Congrats to Lemonnade for a swell card :D

I honestly wasn't intending to win this time round; I just wanted to make a creative card. I expected less for Playability!

I just have to say that although I'm an EX fan I'm glad that a Relicanth won instead of typical Mewtwo EX FA Crap. I think for January I might do a weaker Pokémon just to try and be creative as possible!

Eagle4 said:
I expected less for Playability!

Me too, but life is full of surprises.

@Reggie: EX aren't incapable of winning; it's just when its power requires it to be EX is when issues arise.

DNA said:
Eagle4 said:
I expected less for Playability!

@Reggie: EX aren't incapable of winning; it's just when its power requires it to be EX is when issues arise.

So you're telling me it's unoriginal to use EXs because I need the EX to count as two prize cards, or Lv.Xs because I need to be able to use attack from lower levels? In that case, cards that evolve from anything should be counted as unoriginal because that removes any special conditions, and cards that have a normal type (as in, standard for TCG - colourless, fire, water, fairy, etc.) should also be unoriginal because that's what the TCG is mainly comprised of.

Nod3 said:
DNA said:

So you're telling me it's unoriginal to use EXs because I need the EX to count as two prize cards, or Lv.Xs because I need to be able to use attack from lower levels? In that case, cards that evolve from anything should be counted as unoriginal because that removes any special conditions, and cards that have a normal type (as in, standard for TCG - colourless, fire, water, fairy, etc.) should also be unoriginal because that's what the TCG is mainly comprised of.
From what I've understood about past discussions about unnecessary EX-ness on cards, it's more about a card that could pass as a regular card being turned into an EX for no real reason.
It's a slip-up that often happens when people don't look at the rest of the metagame (or even the TCG as a whole), and don't notice a card with similar power to the card they've made already exists but as a plain regular card.
Like, if someone submitted a Genesect EX with Keldeo EX's style of attack, that would be dumb and unnecessary.
The power of that card already exists on a Genesect that is not EX (see Legendary Treasures), so there is no reason for it to be an EX. It's unnecessary glitz and glam to attempt to wow people, when the card itself is simple and can pass as a regular Genesect.

DNA said:
Not sure I understand that quite right... If a power of the EX card requires it to be EX for balancing reasons, shouldn't that be okay?

bigfootaus said it so well I couldn't possibly repeat it better myself.

Back