TCG Fakes Platinum: Unsung Heroes (FINISHED July 17)

RE: Platinum: Unsung Heroes (2 new cards October 20)

If this is a NU/UU set, why don't they just take out all BL, OU and Uber cards?

Let me clarify.

Paras is double weak to Fire because - get this - in the games, Paras is double weak to Fire.

Both of Paras's types - Grass and Bug - are weak to Fire. Because of this horrifying weakness, I chose to accurately represent it in his card. If Paras and Growlithe got into a fight, Paras would stand no chance; Growlithe could probably faint the poor thing just by breathing on him too hard.

So his card is double weak to Fire. Don't like it? Make your own and give him whatever Weakness you like. :)

If you'd read the first the first post, you'd know that this set has things from BL and downward, not just NU and UU. You'd also know that there are obvious exceptions to this rule, and I will explain them all for you so you know why they're in:

- Abomasnow is only in because I forgot he's OU. He's still cool though, and I like him.
- Our little faking duo used to be a trio. Kronar was supposed to do all the Photoshop work, but he left beach, so I had to do it myself. When I was thinking of Pokemon to put in this set, I told Kronar and Xous to pick 3 of their favorite Pokemon, regardless of tier, and I'd have them in as LV.Xs. Kronar chose Scizor, Marowak, and Kabutops. Xous chose Darkrai, but only because no Arceus rule thing existed and I didn't wanna bother with that, and that's all he wanted. When Kronar bailed, I took out Marowak and replaced it with Medicham, only because they conveniently would take up the same spot in the set. I forgot Kabutops and Scizor were Kronar's choices, or they'd be gone too. The third shiny used to be Cubone, not Shuckle, but since Kronar bailed, Cubone was cut too.
- As mentioned above, Darkrai is in because Xous wanted him to be.
- Jolteon and Vaporeon are in because they evolve from Eevee, and it'd be dumb to exclude them just because they're OU.

I think everything else is BL and under (not that I have to explain my decisions to you, but I want to make sure you understand my reasoning for including things). If there are more OU Pokemon that I didn't point out, don't bother, because they are all in here for a very specific reason and not just "oh boy, think I'll have Scizor in this set full of UU stuff."

Also, if we'd had SP resources (more specifically, the name symbols or the fonts used to make them), there would have been Pokemon SP in this set. Believe me, I could have LOADS of fun with them. I have blanks, so if anyone reading this has the fonts, please let me have them.

This isn't really a NU/UU set anyway; it's about Pokemon I believe are underappreciated and can still fight competitively if used correctly. Unsung heroes. This is why there aren't any dumb Pokemon like Beedrill in here. Yes, there were lots of Pokemon that would have been great in this set, many of them c-m pointed out already, but as I said before, this set was only meant to have 100 cards. I could have included them all, but then this would be a gigantic set and that's just more work for Xous, since he's drawing nearly all the art.

Hope that covers everything. :D

You know, when you got these blanks from Latios101 on Pokemon Acanthite, he also had SP blanks.

Magikarp is not unsung. (joke)

Basically, what you're trying to say is that you want ALL Pokemon to be in the set but the ones that aren't used so much. So then you are making all the OU and Uber in this set rubbish? I don't know how Abomasnow could be a bad card.

I'd like to know more about Kronar.

Kronar left a while ago. He was as old of a member as bacon or PMJ or any of the lot, but school caught up to him.

What's wrong with giving some of the overlooked Pokemon a chance to shine? I don't see how it's a problem that PMJ wants to give certain Pokemon good cards. Would it matter if he made a really really bad Infernape, but then made an amazing Ambipom? It's his set, that's all there is to it. Also, grasspokemonmaster, I believe you need to reread this line

PMJ said:
This isn't really a NU/UU set anyway; it's about Pokemon I believe are underappreciated and can still fight competitively if used correctly. Unsung heroes. This is why there aren't any dumb Pokemon like Beedrill in here. Yes, there were lots of Pokemon that would have been great in this set, many of them c-m pointed out already, but as I said before, this set was only meant to have 100 cards. I could have included them all, but then this would be a gigantic set and that's just more work for Xous, since he's drawing nearly all the art.

Great set once again, PMJ. Looking forward to some more Lv.X's ;D

PMJ said:

Now, believe this but 149 cards are supposed to be NU.

I assume you still need quite a bit of art? I would love to help out, it'd give my pokemon art some use then just looking pretty!
Examples are here http://combuskensflame.deviantart.com/gallery/#Pokemon-Art

I am pretty keen on Manectric, combusken and mawile, maybe a few others to!
That's only if you'd like me to help c:

Oh wow, those are pretty cool.

Luxray reminds me of Scar from The Lion King, lol.

I can probably find some use for some of these. Is it okay if I just grab what I need? You'll be credited on the card, of course.

Well I was actually hoping to draw my own versions for the cards!
The ones in my gallery are not what I had in mind but if you do like some of them you can use them~!

If I come up with any others I'll post them here and let you decide c:

That's perfectly fine. I figured that's what you meant.

Xous is drawing Manectric (and has already drawn Electrike, which will be in the next update), so avoid doing those. Other than that and the cards outlined in blue, everything should be good.

If you draw one of the holo cards, keep the Pokemon and the background image separate or bad things will happen.

For our drawings, do you want the background as well?

I'm pretty bad at drawing backgrounds, but I just wanted to check.

Yes, of course.

Guidelines for submitting art have been added to the first post.

I have for you a flareon and mawile!
flareon.png

mawile.png

Are you ok with the style this is in? If so I will continue with this one!

Wow, those look awesome. If you could illustrate some backgrounds for them at the size I specified in the first post, that would be wonderful.

If you want to continue on in this style, that's fine, but if you want to mix it up and draw in other styles like Xous is doing, that's cool too.

RE: Platinum: Unsung Heroes (6 new cards October 26)

Today's update: Snover, Abomasnow, Staravia, Electrike, Seel, and Farfetch'd. Ninetales has been updated with a bigger font, but no changes were made other than that.

Frolic with mawile through the green pastures and be sucked into a dark hole? Place off of mawiles type "deceiver pokemon"
IDK I'm thinking next time I'll draw the pokemon with the bg first cause when I draw something then think of a bg I never know what to do!
mawilebgcopy.jpg
Hope this is workable/makes sense c:

Leek Smash has got to be the most awesome finisher ever. One energy counter KO... dear Arceus...

RE: Platinum: Unsung Heroes (3 new cards October 28)

Today's update: Mawile, Sableye, Kabuto, and, by extension, a sneak peek of Dome Fossil's art.

It's my first time adding fossil evo art. Why do they have to use the actual Trainer card???

Enjoy.

Sableye: Nice, although the HP text should be black. Knock Off is a good power, although isn't Lv.97 a bit high?
Mawile: High Lv again, seems a pretty cool card :)
Kabuto: Nice art Xous :) I love 'little or loads' attacks like Graze Claw, good work.

This set is looking nice PMJ ;)

Flareons bg
flareonbgcopy.jpg

Would like to put my name down for leafeon, Kangaskhan, altaria and milotic. Have some nice ideas for them c:

FC: Sableye's HP text is white because the rest of the card's text is white, and white on gray is readable. The spot on the blank that normally has the card's type background on it is... blank.

Who cares what level it is? Also, I was seriously hard pressed for level distribution in this set. Fun fact: With the exception of Scyther and Scizor, every card in this set has a different level. Also fun fact: As far as I know, every Pokemon's level is legitimate for that Pokemon (for example, Abomasnow is LV.43 and not, say, LV.19 because you cannot find a LV.19 Abomasnow anywhere). Scizor is LV.9 because you can have a legitimate LV.9 Scizor, and I thought I'd have some fun with stuff like that.

Plus, at LV.97, Sableye is one of the highest levels in the set. As one of the unsung heroes, I think he's deserving of a high level. ;D

I'm also liking how this set is turning out. Xous's art is top notch and Keshi's art is equally incredible, he or she why doesn't he or she say so in his or her profile is really good at what he or she does.

And then there's Staraptor who submitted a piece and will go down in beach history!!!

Keshi: Thanks. Flareon's card is already done; it will be in the next update. I also have you down for the cards you requested. Will they have backgrounds this time? :3

A note to everyone who requests art is in the first post.

Back