TCG Fakes Platinum: Unsung Heroes (FINISHED July 17)

RE: Platinum: Unsung Heroes (3 new cards October 28)

They will have backgrounds this time definitely now that I am aware they all need them!
And if you mean me, I am a she (it isn't on my profile? I might have to change that)

Read and understood the update, if I know I won't be able to get one of the pokes I've claimed done in a week I will give you the heads up and someone else can draw them~!

RE: Platinum: Unsung Heroes (3 new cards October 28)

Well, I am here to critic your next batch.

Mawile: This card is just not that good. The artwork is godly, but it is just awful. Why is it a rare also? What purpose does that serve? I can imagine being pretty pissed pulling this as my rare(curse you SV)

Sableye: For being a level 97, its-ok. It is once again cast to the role of a set up pokemon, but its power is unique, it could be used as a bench tech for say...an SP stall, a Porygon stall, a Luxray(AoA) stall, and thats about it really. I guess it has a little potential-maybe you could bump its HP a little? For a level 97, 60 HP is a little low...

Kabuto: Its perfect, it is exactly as a Kabuto should be, a "hurt me I hurt you" card. I love it. Good job, one of my favorite cards in the set.

I will also do 2 rares from last update:

Farfetchd: Once again, not so good, its eh. Its first attack is clever, good for setting up, but thats really all I see in it. Good artwork however, props Xous

Abomosnow: This card I like, its built itself its own water counter, just switch it to water type and pound down, its attacks are not to broken, however, with this card, you have a tough choice to make. Do you:
A) Keep it grass type so it can get a boost from Shaymin/Sceptile/Dawn stadium, but lose its fire counter or do you:
B) Turn it water type, lose its grass bonuses, making it harder to charge, but gain the upper hand on fire types? A very situational card, I like it a lot. It would take a unique build, like say a Sceptile SF to support, so when you turn it water, you move energy onto it so that it can attack w/ wood hammer, and then move them back when you want him to stay grass.

Good job PMJ, the set is coming together beautifully. I like it a lot, but can you do some more X's? I am dying to see fossil X's if you could. Anyways, its still 10/10 for me! Keep it up.

RE: Platinum: Unsung Heroes (2 new cards October 29)

Today's update: Staraptor and Flareon, which, oddly enough, are the same height.

Enjoy.

edit Seth: The artwork for LV.X cards takes longer to do than regular stuff, but I can tell you that Bastiodon LV.X is in the works at least, and the regular Kabutops should be finished by tomorrow.

I am sad that you don't like Mawile. I rather like it; drawing 2 for free is pretty good, and for just a single {M} Special Energy you can draw four cards. The first attack has the potential to do 50 for 1. Combined with stuff like Great Ball, Roseanne's Research, etc. you can max that out fairly quickly. Obviously if you were only going to do 10 damage or so, you would just use the first move (which is free, by the way). The second attack is really just filler.

Sableye's main use is to stop Unown G. The bonus to this is that it can get rid of all other Tools as well, like Energy Gain, Expert Belt, and things like that.

I suppose his HP are a bit on the low side, but he's not really meant to stay out for more than 1 turn. CFF, then flee and abuse his awesome power. ;D

I think Farfetch'd is a lot better than you give it credit for. Like Zyflair pointed out, Leek Smash can easily net a KO by doing 50 or 60 (or more) for 1 Energy. The second attack can get him out of play in a pinch, preventing someone from taking a Prize on him.

I'm glad there was at least one card in the last batch you did like, lol.

Thanks for all your comments, keep 'em coming everyone ^-^

Staraptor: Where to start? This card is AWESOME. I love this card. Its power is good stall, it can take on Flygon easily, it has a free bounce attack, while the SF one takes 3 energy, it is just awesome. Pure awesome. I love it, good job. Also, it looks really really really good. Props Xous.

Flareon: This cards artwork is awesome. And its attack are pretty good, maybe you should up the strength of survival tactic though...

AWESOME cards mate, especially Mr mime lv X.
Can I request the fonts you used? PLEASE? Cause' I wanna make my own set, and will put you in the post for help.

RE: Platinum: Unsung Heroes (4 new cards November 1)

Today's update: Kabutops, Altaria, Milotic, and Rampardos.

Rampardos is a little crazy... I wanted the card to emulate Rampardos's terrifying power in the game, so that's why he can kill anyone he wants... It's most likely at the cost of putting himself in revenge KO range, but that's how Rampardos rolls.

Enjoy.

I'm a big fan of the Rampardos! I think you really accomplished what you set out to do with it. Nicely done.

Rampardos is the most unique card I have ever seen. The rounding factor, the Body, just everything about it is really unique and interesting. I wish they had more cards like this in the TCG. Very good job. Also liking the other updates, especially the art on Kabutops.

Ah the resizing turned out good, I'll keep in mind how they look in the cards next time so I don't mess up the sizing.

Oh I'd actually want that Kabutops IRL, the card art is so pretty (and that's all I collect them for, pretty art)

Just gonna say this. That Ramp is broken. It just-is. I don't like it. WAAAAAAAAAAY to overpowered. *shrugs* Sorry. The others look good, especially liking Kabutops.

If you could explain how it's broken other than saying it "just-is," that'd be wonderful. I went through as many precautions as I could think of to prevent anyone from negating or reducing the damage done to himself, so if you know of a method that can be utilized, Unlimited or otherwise, to make this card truly broken, please let me know so I can change it.

OHKO'ing everything and then giving your opponent a free prize afterwards doesn't seem that broken, especially since it can't be accelerated, and the damage can't be healed after the attack. It's a very cool concept, but not broken.

RE: Platinum: Unsung Heroes (3 new cards November 5)

Today's update: Manectric, Bidoof, and Bastiodon LV.X.

Not much to say here. Uniqueness all around!

Enjoy.

Bastiodon lv.x is possibly the most broken card ever. Prevent ALL effects of an attack free for TWO turns!?! 130 damage for 1 damage counter, when it can take 16?
And bidoof is broken too. 50 damage 1 energy for a common? Eh.

EDIT: oh bastiodon must have 60 hp left to do 130. Still broken though.

Bastiodon isn't broken... its power is actually pretty easy to get around, since all you really have to do is switch it out and attack something else. Not to mention it's sprayable, etc. I'd have to see the Bastiodon card before making any rash judgments on the brokenness of it.

Can't really say I'm a fan of the art on it though, sadly... :/ Oh well. Can't win 'em all.

All right, Bidoof is actually pretty sweet, a decent stall at the beginning of the game. Manectric is kinda cool, and also, its second attack is funny. If EXACTLY 1 is heads? Can you have one that isn't exactly 1 heads? Lol and I like Bastiodon. Good job.

Seth - The attack is worded that way in case you flip 1 heads and 1 tails. If you flip 2 heads, then technically you did get 1 heads, so one could argue that you should get both effects (never mind that they would overwrite each other). Just closing a loophole, that's all.

Thanks for your comments, everyone. ^-^

RE: Platinum: Unsung Heroes (1 new card November 6)

Just Scyther added today, by the sort-of-talented llucario :O

It was supposed to be in the last update, but llucario conveniently didn't do a background. Thankfully Xous was able to save the day with a two-second background. \o/

RE: Platinum: Unsung Heroes (1 new card November 6)

I just like your cards. The other day I saw a mistake on one of your cards (forgot which card and forgot what was wrong with it). The art is amazing, the placing is amazing and the font is amazing. It seems that you got most things correct.

OK, I'm reserving art for Medicham and Manectric.

Back