PlasmaKlang

I've heard that EtherDex hasn't lived up to its hype, but hey, it doesn't hurt to test it. Skyla probably could be cut down to 3; but what else would I take out for EtherDex?

So I would have to scrap Keldeo+Prism and a Beach, a Skyla, and maybe some search (?) for the EtherDex and some Basic Energy.

I guess I should've said that I don't like the idea of EtherDex in this deck in the first place. It takes up too much space for a stage 2 deck, and seriously ruins consistency.

That's what I've been saying :p. Let's ask [member]MrGatr[/member] why. *Interrogates [member]MrGatr[/member] about EtherDex.*

Etherdex was just an idea, (as we cannot rate decks here sadly) I do believe it has potential with certain cards, but just needs some love.

How many energy do people play with this? I'm using 11 at the moment but feel like I don't have enough space, so I was thinking of reducing the count

SirShaunicorn said:
How many energy do people play with this? I'm using 11 at the moment but feel like I don't have enough space, so I was thinking of reducing the count

That's funny, because I have 10 now and I was thinking of going up to 11. Right now I am really having a difficult time drawing energy when I need it, and since ideally you attach every turn and then Shift Gear them around when you need it.

IDK yet, it will be a process to figure out.

I wanted to get everybody's opinion on the following card in this deck:

83-durant.jpg

Inconsistent. OHKOd by literally everything in the format. Awkward name for the first attack.

I have a DurantKlang deck list. I'm not sure if it goes here, so I will post it, and mods delete it if it doesn't go here.

11 Pokemon:

3/1 Durant (NV/DX)
2 Cobalion EX (Not sure about this card)
3-0-2 Klinklang (EP-N/A-PS)

41 I/S/S:

1 Stadium:

1 Battle City (Not sure about this either)

12 Supporters:

2 Colress
3 Skyla
4 N
3 Professor Juniper

28 Items:

1 Dowsing Machine
3 Rare Candy
3 Level Ball
2 Ultra Ball
2 Enhanced Hammer
3 Crushing Hammer
4 Switch
2 Random Receiver
4 Pokemon Catcher
2 Super Rod
2 Tool Scrapper

8 Energy:

8 Metal Energy

DISCUSS!!!

When you're running four Heavy Ball, four Skyla, and at least two Ultra Ball, I doubt the need for Klinklang is anything but excessive. You should be getting it at least by T3. (T2 rarely happens for me, because I either just go for Klang and miss the Rare Candy or spend the next Sklya searching for one.) After fixing my list a little, there is no reason why you need to be running Durant. I'm actually going to withdraw my statement and say you shouldn't run Emolga either. The deck doesn't need it. Why I say you should choose Emolga over Durant is because of the fact your opponent can N your Klinklang away. Thus, you just wasted a turn. At least Emolga has free Retreat so you can move the Metal around with Shift Gear. And at least Emolga plays the Klink unlike Durant, so you don't attack in vain.

First of all, Emolga isn't Metal type. Second of all, Emolga doesn't search out evolutions, only basics, which Durant can search out Klinklang to evolve an already-placed-down Klink. Also why are you playing so much search? 3 Heavy Ball, 3 Skyla, and 2 Ultra Ball should cut it, and also give you more space.

Who cares if Emolga isn't Metal-type? Emolga's purpose is to grab you Klinks so you can Rare Candy into a PlasmaKlang and then Shift Gear Klang. To me, that's a pretty solid deal. You're speaking too ideally, and your opponent is going to be one step ahead of you and N your Klinklang away when he sees your Klink on the Bench and presumes you have the Skyla/Rare Candy. It's what I would do too.

And why am I running so much search? Consistency. I can't believe you guys are fighting for Durant because he is just bad. So he'd get Pokémon-EX immunity. What's the big deal? What kind of impact is he making on the field? Searching for one Pokémon? Yeah, the fourth Metal Ball I run does just that. And Skyla ensures that I, at least, get one Klink down.

Serperior said:
Who cares if Emolga isn't Metal-type? Emolga's purpose is to grab you Klinks so you can Rare Candy into a PlasmaKlang and then Shift Gear Klang. To me, that's a pretty solid deal. You're speaking too ideally, and your opponent is going to be one step ahead of you and N your Klinklang away when he sees your Klink on the Bench and presumes you have the Skyla/Rare Candy. It's what I would do too.

And why am I running so much search? Consistency. I can't believe you guys are fighting for Durant because he is just bad. So he'd get Pokémon-EX immunity. What's the big deal? What kind of impact is he making on the field? Searching for one Pokémon? Yeah, the fourth Metal Ball I run does just that. And Skyla ensures that I, at least, get one Klink down.

I run 3 Emolga right now, which is most likely too many, but i can consistantly get T2 PlasmaKlang (T3 at the latest) as well as getting out my attackers.

Emolga is great because of free retreat and helping keep energy on the field. Even if they knock it out then that will only make your N stronger as well as them wasting a turn they could have spent trying to KO your PlasmaKlang.

Back