PlasmaKlang

RaichuGirl said:
So what's everyone's opinion on this deck at worlds?

I really think this deck has a really decent chance of atleast a top 16 and it can even do better.I have been running it ever since it came out.

Only struggles are rayeel(still winnable) and goth lock.
other than that, its almost favourable to very favourable. i.e plasma/darkrai/blastoise

The issue is that you straight up auto lose to Gothitelle. There is literally almost no hope in winning. If Gothitelle is popular, which it probably will be, then this deck isn't a great choice.

Pond said:
RaichuGirl said:
So what's everyone's opinion on this deck at worlds?

I really think this deck has a really decent chance of atleast a top 16 and it can even do better.I have been running it ever since it came out.

Only struggles are rayeel(still winnable) and goth lock.
other than that, its almost favourable to very favourable. i.e plasma/darkrai/blastoise

Even if it struggles against goth lock, it's less than very favourable against plasma/darkrai/blastoise.

All 3 decks have at least 2 non-ex attackers that they can use, Darkrai has Absol which wrecks Klinklang pretty bad, plus sabelye lasers. Plasma has Kyurem and Absol which also do pretty well against the deck even with Kyurems weakness. And Blastoise has Baby BK, or if that isn't ran than just straight blastoise. If they can charge a 'toise up, and catcher KO your klinklang you're in bad shape.

While all the decks have outs, they aren't reliable.

Blastoise: It's extremely straining on their resources to have to set up and attack with multiple Blastoise. 8 Energy is also very difficult to achieve. If you time your Max Potions properly and just slowly KO Blastoises, you'll either run them out of energy or you'll KO all the Blastoises for the game. It's harder than it was last format, but the matchup is still very favorable. (The main reason I was able to beat Klinklang with Blastoise at Nationals was because he not only had a bad start but didn't hit any of his Max Potions.)

Darkrai: Absol is about as threatening as a Bouffalant was last format - which isn't threatening at all. Limit your bench space early game and Steel Bullet your way through 2-3 Absol and the game is essentially yours. If they resort to spamming Sableye + Laser, Durant completely nullifies that strategy. Granted, Absol is a little bit harsher because it can nail PlasmaKlangs for lots of damage, but if you play it right the matchup is perfectly fine.

Plasma: Worst matchup out of the big three. Early game pressure combined with Kyurem OHKO's can lead to some bad spots. This is one of those matchups where you really need to have a plan of attack; make sure you know how you can take out all 2-3 Kyurem and possibly an Absol. Disrupting with Cobalion EX's first attack also helps. Klinklang still has a favorable matchup though if you approach the matchup properly and you take out the non EX's ASAP.

The matchups are all favorable, but not overwhelmingly so like Klinklang's matchups were last format. In a metagame filled with those three though, Klinklang definitely has a shot to do well.

Blah said:
While all the decks have outs, they aren't reliable.

Blastoise: It's extremely straining on their resources to have to set up and attack with multiple Blastoise. 8 Energy is also very difficult to achieve. If you time your Max Potions properly and just slowly KO Blastoises, you'll either run them out of energy or you'll KO all the Blastoises for the game. It's harder than it was last format, but the matchup is still very favorable. (The main reason I was able to beat Klinklang with Blastoise at Nationals was because he not only had a bad start but didn't hit any of his Max Potions.)

Darkrai: Absol is about as threatening as a Bouffalant was last format - which isn't threatening at all. Limit your bench space early game and Steel Bullet your way through 2-3 Absol and the game is essentially yours. If they resort to spamming Sableye + Laser, Durant completely nullifies that strategy. Granted, Absol is a little bit harsher because it can nail PlasmaKlangs for lots of damage, but if you play it right the matchup is perfectly fine.

Plasma: Worst matchup out of the big three. Early game pressure combined with Kyurem OHKO's can lead to some bad spots. This is one of those matchups where you really need to have a plan of attack; make sure you know how you can take out all 2-3 Kyurem and possibly an Absol. Disrupting with Cobalion EX's first attack also helps. Klinklang still has a favorable matchup though if you approach the matchup properly and you take out the non EX's ASAP.

The matchups are all favorable, but not overwhelmingly so like Klinklang's matchups were last format. In a metagame filled with those three though, Klinklang definitely has a shot to do well.

Blastoise:
Agreed, argument N/A. Just saying that there is till a possibility of losing the Klinklang to a blastoise or baby bk.

Darkrai:
I'm a little more inclined to disagree on this one. Mainly because if the darkrai player times his absols correctly he can make a solid KO on the Klinklang.

Let's just say this is the setup
KK player- Cobalion active, both KK types benched, and a keldeo (assuming that variant's getting played, and 3 benched isn't that uncommon) Absol can do 130 and if previous damage is on that makes for a KO, or a flat 80, which if hit in concession with either 2 absols, or the active not getting KO'd get's their plasma Klinklang out of play. Once that happens the game's pretty much over, Darkrai out speeds and outpowers Klinklang by a long shot. Depending on how many absol are seeing play Darkrai does decently well vs. KK. The matchup's maybe 45-55 or 50-50 imo.

TDK:
Agreed that it's the toughest matchup of the three, however I think if played right TDK can have the advantage. If 3 Kyurem and an absol are seeing play with max potion and deoxys hitting the board, I'de say 55-60% of the time TDK will win. Having that many non-ex attackers at your disposal hurts. And if you're running basic waters in your energy line (which is a very good idea) the special energy discard doesn't hurt that bad. Bianchi ran a 1-2 lightning/water basic line in his TDK deck which on 6 BR's in florida to get him an invite. IMO it's a solid idea, and with skyla and energy search makes the deck that much more consistent.

Well with this deck going out the window when rotation hits, is there any decks out there that will be good post rotation and use the Cobalion's? Trying to decide on what my next deck will be. Really enjoyed PlasmaKlang as my first since coming back to the game, but now is time to move on ;(. Did well though, went 25-9 with it online so good times.

Was thinking of Blastoise deck next, but open to suggestions :).

ESVDiamond said:
Well with this deck going out the window when rotation hits, is there any decks out there that will be good post rotation and use the Cobalion's? Trying to decide on what my next deck will be. Really enjoyed PlasmaKlang as my first since coming back to the game, but now is time to move on ;(. Did well though, went 25-9 with it online so good times.

Cobalion EX is a pretty good card in Garbodor decks. Usually along side Landorus EX, and sometimes Mewtwo EX. It's really only used in the Plasma match up, since they use almost all Special Energy, and Kyurem is weak to Metal. It's pretty useless in every other match up.

ESVDiamond said:

...Some time later than the time of your post, this type of deck got some new tools/cards to play with:

1. Aromatisse(Fairy Transfer),

2. Fairy Garden(free retreat),

3. Rainbow Energy(all-type energy),

4. Muscle Band(damage + 20),

5. etc.

^...as well as some old toys/cards that could be used as a deterrent to Blastoise/Emboar/other hand-energy-acceleration decks:

1. frozen city(20 damage per energy card from hand),

2. Team Plasma Badges(guards Cobalion EX and/or Mewtwo/Yveltal EX from Frozen City),

3. Mewtwo/Yveltal EX,

4. etc.

^ ...and as a result of all that, this deck was granted a almost-perfect new life. It is not 100% perfect because the new cards did not revive the shiftgear bw klinklang, and nv cobalion was already revived due to its legendary treasures reprint. Since you can transfer rainbow energy to other pokemon w/ fairy transfer(rainbow energy can be used as if it were steel energy, or any other energy, so if you want to use steel bullet, and don't have basic steel energy, no problem: Rainbow Energy can satisfy its energy cost, or in this case, two steel energy and one of any type), combined with the fact that a Plasma Steel Kilnklang-Cobalion deck paired w/ Aromatisse and Muscle Band can get past Pyroar and 1HKO it with a bullet that bypasses Pyroar's ability to block the damage(with Cobalion EX being a basic), not to mention that once Plasma Klinklang is all set up, Cobalion and Klinklang can laugh at EXes, Mega and/or not mega. Watch out for Enhanced Hammer and/or any other energy-discard moves by opponent that involve your Rainbows, however, and make sure that you have a counter for such tactics as well! At the end of the day, though, since the plasma pokemon plus legendary treasures are likely to be barely safe from rotation this August/September(with the BW-on version of unlimited tentatively scheduled to debut next spring as a final warning that next season will be the last dance for the entire line of BW products on the Worlds stage, as it's likely that Worlds could be XY-on come 2015-16), it is a deck worth trying out, if only for one last blast of plasma! :D

cardgjammer said:
ESVDiamond said:

...Some time later than the time of your post, this type of deck got some new tools/cards to play with:

1. Aromatisse(Fairy Transfer),

2. Fairy Garden(free retreat),

3. Rainbow Energy(all-type energy),

4. Muscle Band(damage + 20),

5. etc.

^...as well as some old toys/cards that could be used as a deterrent to Blastoise/Emboar/other hand-energy-acceleration decks:

1. frozen city(20 damage per energy card from hand),

2. Team Plasma Badges(guards Cobalion EX and/or Mewtwo/Yveltal EX from Frozen City),

3. Mewtwo/Yveltal EX,

4. etc.

^ ...and as a result of all that, this deck was granted a almost-perfect new life. It is not 100% perfect because the new cards did not revive the shiftgear bw klinklang, and nv cobalion was already revived due to its legendary treasures reprint. Since you can transfer rainbow energy to other pokemon w/ fairy transfer(rainbow energy can be used as if it were steel energy, or any other energy, so if you want to use steel bullet, and don't have basic steel energy, no problem: Rainbow Energy can satisfy its energy cost, or in this case, two steel energy and one of any type), combined with the fact that a Plasma Steel Kilnklang-Cobalion deck paired w/ Aromatisse and Muscle Band can get past Pyroar and 1HKO it with a bullet that bypasses Pyroar's ability to block the damage(with Cobalion EX being a basic), not to mention that once Plasma Klinklang is all set up, Cobalion and Klinklang can laugh at EXes, Mega and/or not mega. Watch out for Enhanced Hammer and/or any other energy-discard moves by opponent that involve your Rainbows, however, and make sure that you have a counter for such tactics as well! At the end of the day, though, since the plasma pokemon plus legendary treasures are likely to be barely safe from rotation this August/September(with the BW-on version of unlimited tentatively scheduled to debut next spring as a final warning that next season will be the last dance for the entire line of BW products on the Worlds stage, as it's likely that Worlds could be XY-on come 2015-16), it is a deck worth trying out, if only for one last blast of plasma! :D

Klinklang/Aromatisse is more of a rogue deck than a Metagame deck. Thus, discussion on Klinklang/Aromatisse should be posted in the TCG Competitive Play forum, or in the Rogue Deck Discussion thread. If it becomes a metagame deck at some point, we'll make a new thread for it in the NXD-On (or whatever format it happens in) Metagame Discussion sub-forum.

Back