PlasmaKlang

Blah

DBT
Dowsing 100%. It's too resource-tight of a deck to be worth giving up.

Anyhow, I'd be willing to post my Regionals list and the updated version of it here if people wanted to see them. The season's over for me so there's no longer any harm.

Ice

Returnee
Blah said:

Anyhow, I'd be willing to post my Regionals list and the updated version of it here if people wanted to see them. The season's over for me so there's no longer any harm.

I want to see one of Blah's world famous deck lists.

Blah

DBT
Ice said:
Blah said:

I sense sarcasm :3

Regionals list (2nd place):

4 Klink (DE 75)
1 Klinklang (BW 76)
3 Klinklang (PS 90)
3 Cobalion EX (PS 93)
1 Durant (DR 83)
1 Klang (DE 76)

4 N (NV 101)
4 Rare Candy (DE 100)
4 Professor Juniper (DE 98)
4 Skyla (BC 134)
2 Colress (PS 118)
3 Pokemon Catcher (DE 111)
3 Switch (BW 104)
1 Dowsing Machine (PS 128)
3 Heavy Ball (ND 88)
2 Ultra Ball (DE 102)
1 Tropical Beach (BWP 28)
2 Max Potion (EP 94)
1 Escape Rope (PS 120)
1 Super Rod (NV 95)
1 Energy Search (BW 93)
1 Tool Scrapper (DR 116)

10 Metal Energy (BW 112)

Updated list for Plasma Freeze: (still a little shaky on this, never got enough testing with it)

4 Klink (DE 75)
1 Klinklang (BW 76)
3 Klinklang (PS 90)
3 Cobalion EX (PS 93)
1 Durant (DR 83)
1 Klang (DE 76)
1 Cobalion (NV 84)

4 N (NV 101)
4 Rare Candy (DE 100)
3 Professor Juniper (DE 98)
4 Skyla (BC 134)
2 Colress (PS 118)
3 Switch (BW 104)
3 Heavy Ball (ND 88)
2 Ultra Ball (DE 102)
2 Tropical Beach (BWP 28)
2 Max Potion (EP 94)
1 Super Rod (NV 95)
1 Energy Search (BW 93)
1 Float Stone (PF 99)

10 Metal Energy (BW 112)

Both lists are designed for extreme simplicity. Just get the Klinklang out fast, kill the non-EX attackers, use Max Potions when necessary, and just seal the lock. Then use Durant to get all the resources you spent while taking down your opponent's attackers. Again, I'm still a little shaky on the second list, but the first list worked like a charm as long as your opponent wasn't teching for you (unfortunately that was BW-PS so that doesn't work anymore >_<).

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Hm, a little different than mine...simply because I don't have Beach and I run the Keldeo.

Pokémon: 15
4-1-2/2 (DE Klink, DE Klang, 2/2 Plasma/BW Klinklang)
3x Cobalion-EX
1x Cobalion NV
2x Keldeo-EX

Trainers/Supporters: 34
4x Skyla
3x Juniper
3x N
2x Bianca
2x Colress
4x Catcher
3x Rare Candy
3x Max Potion
3x Heavy Ball
1x Ultra Ball
2x Switch
1x Dowsing Machine
1x Tool Scrapper
1x Energy Search
1x Hypnotoxic Laser

Energy: 11
8x Metal
3x Blend WLFM

What a fun deck. Went 2/2 with the Klinklang because...yup. Against Gothigor, dat PlasmaKlang is a very dead draw. Gear Grind is fun, but to be able to move dat Blend around to 2HKO Gothitelle with Secret Sword is just too fun. Hypnotoxic Laser gives me the 10 extra damage against a Kyurem when I have the NV Cobalion out, and Colress becomes your best friend against Plasma. I don't know what else I need to say about this deck. Went 6-1 (8th) out of 128 Masters in the 3DS side event, if that says anything.

Anyways, yes. Dowsing Machine is OP in this deck. You'll be burning through resources like no other, and to snag one whenever you want/use the fourth/fifth copy of a card in your deck is broken.

Aggressiv

Aspiring Trainer
Blah said:
Ice said:

I sense sarcasm :3

Regionals list (2nd place):

4 Klink (DE 75)
1 Klinklang (BW 76)
3 Klinklang (PS 90)
3 Cobalion EX (PS 93)
1 Durant (DR 83)
1 Klang (DE 76)

4 N (NV 101)
4 Rare Candy (DE 100)
4 Professor Juniper (DE 98)
4 Skyla (BC 134)
2 Colress (PS 118)
3 Switch (BW 104)
3 Heavy Ball (ND 88)
2 Ultra Ball (DE 102)
1 Tropical Beach (BWP 28)
2 Max Potion (EP 94)
1 Escape Rope (PS 120)
1 Super Rod (NV 95)
1 Energy Search (BW 93)
1 Tool Scrapper (DR 116)

10 Metal Energy (BW 112)

Updated list for Plasma Freeze: (still a little shaky on this, never got enough testing with it)

4 Klink (DE 75)
1 Klinklang (BW 76)
3 Klinklang (PS 90)
3 Cobalion EX (PS 93)
1 Durant (DR 83)
1 Klang (DE 76)
1 Cobalion (NV 84)

4 N (NV 101)
4 Rare Candy (DE 100)
3 Professor Juniper (DE 98)
4 Skyla (BC 134)
2 Colress (PS 118)
3 Switch (BW 104)
3 Heavy Ball (ND 88)
2 Ultra Ball (DE 102)
2 Tropical Beach (BWP 28)
2 Max Potion (EP 94)
1 Super Rod (NV 95)
1 Energy Search (BW 93)
1 Float Stone (PF 99)

10 Metal Energy (BW 112)

Both lists are designed for extreme simplicity. Just get the Klinklang out fast, kill the non-EX attackers, use Max Potions when necessary, and just seal the lock. Then use Durant to get all the resources you spent while taking down your opponent's attackers. Again, I'm still a little shaky on the second list, but the first list worked like a charm as long as your opponent wasn't teching for you (unfortunately that was BW-PS so that doesn't work anymore >_<).

Which regionals was this? Also do you know of any footage of it? Watching T2 at regionals is always fun, it's not easy to get that far at an event that big.

Blah

DBT
Top 2 match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0dk4ZgfaI0&list=SPXvWVmmqyaqjrS_mNew7lEYa8prgJYFXA

Match kinda sucked though. I misplayed at the end also. I knew the list would lose if someone teched against it, and that's just how it turned out.

Round 6 match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H1BCO7MXrg&list=SPXvWVmmqyaqjrS_mNew7lEYa8prgJYFXA

This is a much better representation of what the list was designed to do. Also shows how Durant is an extremely good inclusion in the deck.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
Since it seems like there are a few different lists flying around, I'll go ahead and add mine to the fray.

Pokémon:
4-1-2/2 Klinklang (DE Klink/Klang--2/2 Plasma/BLW Klinklang)
2x Cobalion EX
2x Cobalion NV
1x Durant (Pull Out)

Trainers/Supporters:
2x Tropical Beach
3x Skyla
3x Juniper
3x N
2x Colress
4x Catcher
4x Rare Candy
2x Max Potion
3x Heavy Ball
2x Ultra Ball
4x Switch
1x Dowsing Machine
1x Tool Scrapper

Energy:
12x Metal

Elbow

Klinklang V Plz
Since I only have one TB, should I use it as the only stadium in the match, use it with a few other stadiums, or only use other stadiums?

Kingslayer

Aspiring Trainer
Elbow said:
Since I only have one TB, should I use it as the only stadium in the match, use it with a few other stadiums, or only use other stadiums?

Pokemon Center is a good choice.

Elbow

Klinklang V Plz
Kingslayer said:
Elbow said:

But should I add it with the TB or only use the pokemon center?

Kingslayer

Aspiring Trainer
Elbow said:
Kingslayer said:

But should I add it with the TB or only use the pokemon center?
TB is good to set up early game, but if you use it you can't attack with Cobalion ex. It depends on the match up. For example, against T/D/K you must attack from the first turn with Cobalion ex. I would play 2 Pokemon Centers (you can heal the bench damage from Kyurem and you can counter their stadiums). Also, i think that with a good list you can set up your Plasma Klinklang without TB.

Pond

Aspiring Trainer
So what happens to this deck after the rotation? We will be missing shift klang, cobalion nv and max potions shenanigans.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
Pond said:
So what happens to this deck after the rotation? We will be missing shift klang, cobalion nv and max potions shenanigans.

Max Potion still stays because it was reprinted.

I'm afraid this deck will fall apart and die thanks to losing Klinklang BW.

Aggressiv

Aspiring Trainer
Pond said:

Still have Max Pot. with the SR reprint. You're correct though, it will be taking a hit with Shift-Klang and Cobalion nv.

Pond

Aspiring Trainer
Oh dear, that sucks. Will potions and pokemon centre be helpful or will this deck just be literally dead?

Blah

DBT
REALLY risky.

I would say it's a decent play if Gothitelle wasn't so popular. There's something to be said about Gothitelle seeing little play at Worlds because everyone thinks it's too expected, but I don't really think that's the case. It isn't worth taking an auto loss to a deck that might be the most popular deck in the tournament.