4 Rare Candy

3 Heavy Ball

4 Ultra Ball

2 Float Stone

3 Max Potion

Energy: 10

6 Metal
4 Blend WFLM

Now because I don't have Tropical Beach, I use Pokemon Center for 2 reasons: 1, It acts as a Virbank counter. and 2, it heals 20 to a Pokemon on the bench.

Have a couple more quick questions, sorry.

Most of these abbreviations I get, a couple I am not sure of however.

DEX
NV

I assume they are sets, I just don't know which ones.

Also why Keldeo EX? Is it that good that it needs it own blue splash in the deck?

One last one, in Pokemon TCG are the reprints worth more or less? Trying to trade for some rare candies on PTCGO and even offering rares, and can't get anyone to bite. Maybe I am requesting a hard to find version?

Again sorry for the silly questions, just been out of the loop so long.

ESVDiamond said:

DEX
NV

Also why Keldeo EX? Is it that good that it needs it own blue splash in the deck?

One last one, in Pokemon TCG are the reprints worth more or less? Trying to trade for some rare candies on PTCGO and even offering rares, and can't get anyone to bite. Maybe I am requesting a hard to find version?

DEX=Dark Explorers
NV= Noble Victories

Keldeo EX is there because if it has Float Stone attached it can save you from being asleep or paralyzed. Reprints if they are in format are worth about the same.

ESVDiamond said:

DEX
NV

1. DEX is Dark Explorers (Or Dragons Exalted, one of those. Sure Dragons Exalted is DREX)

NV is Noble Victories

2. Can't answer. I don't tech Keldeo in decks.

3. Reprints are worth the same as the other version. Example: HGSS era Rare candy is same price as Dark Explorers.

Nobody techs Keldeo to attack with it. You run Keldeo because it lets you get out of special conditions cheaply (for example Gothi Accelgor, which Keldeo is pretty much the only thing that reliable beats it) or just retreat for {C}{C} in general.

Thanks for the quick answers everyone! Really helps! Got about 60% of the deck done already, just have to find odds and ends, mainly the commons and uncommons. If you want to trade some of them with me I have shitty rares for trade haha. ESVDiamond on PTCGO. (If that's not allowed let me know and I'll remove it).

Thank you again!

So, what's everyone's opinion of keldeo in this deck? Do you run it or not? Do you think it's necessary?

RaichuGirl said:
So, what's everyone's opinion of keldeo in this deck? Do you run it or not? Do you think it's necessary?
I run 2 Keldeo EX and 2-3 Float Stones because of Laser and Gothitelle.

Don't like it at all. It isn't needed and it's just another route for your opponent to take prizes. Plasma can often take down 2 Cobalion EX if they play smart, which just leaves Keldeo as a wide open target for those last two prizes. This deck is all about sealing a perfect lock to just take your opponent out of the game, and anything that isn't a Metal attacker ruins that strategy because it gives your opponents options.

On the topic of Gothitelle, Float Stone can be Scrappered, and you're going to lose really hard to it anyway. It's probably the worst matchup in the format, and Keldeo doesn't improve it enough to be worth it.

Ok cool. I was trying it out, because people were constantly telling me to put it in and consider running it, but it hasn't helped me that much. I think I'll change my list back to having 3 switch and 1 float stone and take out the keldeo for a 14th supporter, or maybe another switching card.

I ran two Keldeo-EX and it works well. You have to do something against Gothigor, and if you rely on Switch or attaching Energy like crazy, (which is all futile to begin with), you're done for. You're gonna lose. Now that this deck has risen in popularity and won Nationals, this is something you have to do to prepare yourself. It's a no-brainer.

Keldeo-EX isn't good simply for Rushing In, but it acts as a nice sponge for damage. Then Max Potion it away, (I run three), and watch the look on your opponent's face when the result of stalling whips out a PlasmaKlang. Against Gothigor I seek out the Keldeos immediately and get the Shift Gear Klinklang out. This gives you the freedom to move Blend Energy around as needed. Do you drop the Keldeo right then and there? No way. Timing is important. Take out as many Gothita as you can so you still have access to Switch and Catcher if you get Deck'd, and then drop it. Taking out Musharna after hitting the Gothita is so important. You have to stop your opponent from cycling through their deck for the DCE. This ended up being a key move I made in my game against it because it slowed them down tremendously. I Rushed In and 2HKO'd the Gothitelle after Catchering the Munna early game and took it. Keldeo is just too important right now. When you don't start Cobalion-EX, I would much rather have a Keldeo in the Active slot than a lone Klink. Or two, for that matter. They're too frail when Plasma's around, hitting for crazy amounts of damage T1.

You're right, you're going to lost to Goth. I don't think Keldeo EX will change that matchup against good Gothitelle lists though. It's kind of just a matchup you have to accept (and one of the reasons this deck is Tier 2 and not higher).

As a note about Musharna, the nationals winning list didn't run Musharna.

And anyway, as I said before, I don't like Keldeo because it gives your opponent options. It makes an otherwise good Plasma matchup much worse and it gives every deck in the format an out against you because they have two prizes that they can take when they want to (considering most decks have some route to OHKO nowadays.) That isn't something that seems worth having in a lock deck, especially one as intricate as Klinklang with how it sets up and seals the lock.

The worst matchup in the format is probably Klinklang vs Gothitelle (or Quad Snorlax vs Blastoise). Not only are you extremely slow, but they can just catcher out giant retreat attackers and sit there setting up. You're best hope is probably to get Shift Gear out and try to Gear Grind away Gothitelles, but otherwise, they have so much time that it barely even matters. Even if they miss a deck and cover, you don't really have a way to punish them for it.

Does it mean the deck is unplayable? No, but it definitely makes it a worse play at tournaments.

So it's a fine play but it wouldn't do so good because of the undoubted popularity of Goth.

Thanks!

Is there anything this deck is able to do against gothitelle except sit there and hope?

SheNinja said:
Is there anything this deck is able to do against gothitelle except sit there and hope?

Pray?
Klinklang is almost an instant loss to Gothitelle, because Gothitelle shuts down everything about the deck. It's even worse then Garbodor, because at least against Garbodor you can still play your Items (and that Tool Scraper you keep up your sleeve :p).

Yeah Tool Scrapper up your sleeve is always a good idea against Garbodor.
At least, until random deck check rolls around :p.

So hope and pray and maybe kick your opponent to make them sneeze and forget where they are.

Garbodor and Goth are terribad matchups and there is almost nothing you can do about them?

SheNinja said:
Garbodor and Goth are terribad matchups and there is almost nothing you can do about them?

Eh, Garbodor isn't nearly as hard as Gothitelle, as long as you play your cards right.
I always play 1 Tool Scraper in all my Klinklang decks. Then, since Durant and Dowsing Machine getting back Tool Scraper at least twice (Dowsing Machine is my Ace Spec. in this deck), they can be shut down late game when they run out of resources.

You can also just beat Garbodor by KOing all the Garbodor. Many Garb lists have cut down to 3-2 Garb and no Giant Cape, which makes it much easier than before to take the Garbodor off the field. Just conserve catchers.

As I said in a previous post, against Gothitelle, your best bet is to get Shift Gear out if you can and Gear Grind Gothitelles. Don't bench extra Klinkks either; it's just a catcher target for them. Again, the strategy is a longshot but you lose so hard to the deck anyway that you have to take risks to even have a remote chance of beating it.

Back