PlasmaKlang

Blah

DBT
Use this thread for all discussion of the deck revolving around the Klinklang from Plasma Storm. This includes strategies, playstyles, and techs.

You may post decklists here, but only as a means of adding to the discussion. Don't post decklists here for advice.

All discussion not related to PlasmaKlang will be moved or deleted. All shallow or uninformed discussion will also be deleted by the mods.

Basic List:

4 Klink DEX
1 Klang DEX
1 Klinklang BLW
3 Klinklang PLS
3 Cobalion EX
1 Durant DRX
1 Cobalion NV

4 Skyla
4 Professor Juniper
4 N
2 Colress
4 Rare Candy
3 Heavy Ball
1 Ultra Ball
2 Max Potion
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Switch
1 Escape Rope
1 Super Rod
1 Dowsing Machine
2 Tropical Beach
1 Energy Search

10 Metal

What if our list has BW Klinklang? Can we still talk about the inclusion of it?

Of course, just as long as the main strategy is still about the Plasma Klinklang (and yes, it still counts even if you run the Max Potion/BW Klinklang strategy alongside the Plasma one). Even if the Klinklang line is something like 4-1-4 (2 BW, 2 Plasma) it still belongs here because the BW Klinklang version of the deck probably won't use the Plasma one at all because it doesn't use metal attackers.

I may just get rid of the other thread; I don't think its a viable deck anymore due to the insane damage output of all the decks nowadays.

Edit: Got rid of it for now. If you disagree, discuss it in Tier Discussion.

Plasma Klinklang feels like SP vs. Mewtwo Lv.X back in the day. Even if they didn't run a counter, they could still defeat Mewtwo. Klinklang is basically the same, it just can't keep up with the EXs, especially not with Darkrai, since they run Sableye.
This deck needs some good energy acceleration. Pokédex/Ether is very bad.

idk if it really needs (or has room for) energy acceleration, Klinklang just needs more attackers like Registeel who can be set up using DCE and attack by turn 2.

On that note, what do you think of Registeel in this deck? I'm considering running 1-2 in my current version, because it is very useful if you find room for it.

Am I just really lucky, or is this deck the BDIF? I've only lost 3 or 4 out of 20+ games with the deck and those wins include beating Garbodor decks and Zebstrika decks.

I've been thinking of adding Registeel EX or Keldeo EX/Escape Rope combo, but I can't take anything out without ruining my consistency.

This is my take on the deck:

13 Pokemon:

2 Cobalion EX
2 Cobalion (Iron Breaker)
1 Klinklang Shift Gear
2 Klinklang Plasma
4 Klink (The 1 with 3 retreat cost)
2 Emolga

37 Trainers:

1 Super Rod
3 Heavy Ball
2 Level Ball
3 Ultra Ball
4 Switch
4 Rare Candy
1 Tool Scrapper
4 Catcher
2 Max Potion
3 N
4 Colress
3 Juniper
3 Bianca

10 Energy:

Metal

It is really really consistent Colress is the best Supporter IMO, since you will have atleast 4 benched pokemon, and your opponent atleast 2 that is a total minimum of six cards without discarding.

14 POKEMON
4 klink
1 klang
3 klinklang plasma
1 klinklang shift gears
3 cobalion EX
1 cobalion NV
1 Registeel EX

35 TRAINER
4 juniper
4 n
4 skyla
2 tropical beach
4 pokemon catcher
4 rare candy
3 ultra ball
3 heavy ball
2 switch
2 escape rope
1 max potion
1 super rod
1 computer search

11 ENERGY
11 Steel

Not my list. I use this for testing and its a solid one to test against.

My favourite part of the deck is that you can just Tank with Registeel. With MP, Eviolite, EX immunity and PC you can tank a lot. I haven't tested it out myself but (IMO) Registeel seems like the best attacker.

I probably won't play this, but I definitely think it can do something in the meta.
And just run one Registeel, it's not combative enough to run 2.

Soul said:
Do not play 4 Colress :<

I can't see how it ain't the best supporter in this deck.

Please tell why you don't like it.

Baby_BI said:
Soul said:
Do not play 4 Colress :<

I can't see how it ain't the best supporter in this deck.

Please tell why you don't like it.

Colress is overhyped. If you get this early game, you're gonna dead draw. The reason why PONT was so good, was that it was consistent. The same with N. N has nice trolling, while still being usable early game. In a setup deck like KK, it's best to have consistent draw support. Colress is a tech, not a staple.

I'm srry guys but I so do not like the deck because it loses to blastoise so easily. Acceleration is so key in this format this can not keep up even though it has protection from exs. Also it has so low damage out put it can't keep up with darkrai nor keldeo. Just tested 15 or so games against blastoise and only won 2 of them. Also dosnt help when the blastoise benefits from beach so well.

capt.penguin said:
I'm srry guys but I so do not like the deck because it loses to blastoise so easily. Acceleration is so key in this format this can not keep up even though it has protection from exs. Also it has so low damage out put it can't keep up with darkrai nor keldeo. Just tested 15 or so games against blastoise and only won 2 of them. Also dosnt help when the blastoise benefits from beach so well.

Uhm what the? This decks best match up is blastoise, since they are forced to attack with blastoise and you can iron breaker their blastoise so that they can't attack. Sorry but if you only won 2 games against Blastoise with this deck then either is your take on the deck really really bad or you might just not know how to play with this deck. Keep in mind you can use tropical as well.

And low damage out put? 100 secured dmg per turn or 80 dmg and force them to switch out if they want to attack. That is not bad at all!

The only way I see this deck losing to Blastiose is if they have Prisms for BKEX and run Benchtini. (DON"T EVER DO THIS ANYONE...EVER!).

I personally have been liking this deck a lot. Most decks just can't seem to keep up with all the threats it has. Shift Gear Max Potion allows the deck to be a little slow with it's attachments, and Cobalion EX and non EX seem to work great against the things the others aren't. The only thing it doesn't seem to have an answer to is V-Create Victini. I'm just not sure how to deal with that thing on the second or third turn.

It also doesn't seem to win if you can't get a Klinklang (BW or PS depending on the match-up) before around turn 4 or 5, but I seem to be setting up 1 Klinklang, and usually the other as well, by turn 3 almost every game.

I don't see much of a use for Registeel though. Unless you run heavy Eviolite, it's very week, and has almost never been useful to me.

Why do none of these lists play Pokemon Communication? It's really good in this deck, and I've found it to almost always work. I run 3 Heavy Ball and 3 Communication and it has been working very well. Ultra Ball has not been working well, as the cards you discard always seem to effect the game at some point.

Machamp the Champion said:
I personally have been liking this deck a lot. Most decks just can't seem to keep up with all the threats it has. Shift Gear Max Potion allows the deck to be a little slow with it's attachments, and Cobalion EX and non EX seem to work great against the things the others aren't. The only thing it doesn't seem to have an answer to is V-Create Victini. I'm just not sure how to deal with that thing on the second or third turn.
Well, you can use Keldeo to deal with Bentchtini, which actually works pretty well.
I don't see much of a use for Registeel though. Unless you run heavy Eviolite, it's very week, and has almost never been useful to me.
I love Registeel in this deck. The spread's decent, and protect charge, followed by Cobalion can be pretty nasty. It's like the poor man's Cobalion ...kinda
Why do none of these lists play Pokemon Communication? It's really good in this deck, and I've found it to almost always work. I run 3 Heavy Ball and 3 Communication and it has been working very well. Ultra Ball has not been working well, as the cards you discard always seem to effect the game at some point.

I agree about Heavy Ball and Ultra Ball, but why Communication? I don't see a need for Communication. You should be fine with Heavy Ball and Skyla. Communication also eventually becomes a dead card.

Baby_BI said:
capt.penguin said:

Uhm what the? This decks best match up is blastoise, since they are forced to attack with blastoise and you can iron breaker their blastoise so that they can't attack. Sorry but if you only won 2 games against Blastoise with this deck then either is your take on the deck really really bad or you might just not know how to play with this deck. Keep in mind you can use tropical as well.

And low damage out put? 100 secured dmg per turn or 80 dmg and force them to switch out if they want to attack. That is not bad at all!
no i think everyone is forgetting about keldeo non ex which everyone still runs them being able to do 90 turn 2 while you re only doing 30-80 turn 2 :(

I really like this deck, but it has issues dealing with any sort of fire attacker. Reshiram, Benchtini, and believe it or not, Moltres all run through this deck.

Back