TCG Fakes Plasma Dragon's Text-Based Fakes

Everyone stop making effects that wouldn't fit on actual cards. :p

I though the point of text faking is to create interesting mechanics, ability's, attack effects, and attack names. So who cares if it can't be put on a real card?

Once during your turn, you may flip a coin. If that coin is heads, flip another coin. If that coin is heads, search your deck for a Pokémon and either put it on your bench or discard it. If you put it on your bench, your turn ends. During your next turn, that Pokémon has 20 more HP. If you discard it, flip a coin. If heads, shuffle all energy cards back into your deck. If tails, your turn ends. During your next turn, flip a coin. If heads, draw a prize card. If tails, your opponent draws a prize card. Either way, this Pokémon takes 20 damage.

:p

>_>

I though the point of text faking is to create interesting mechanics, ability's, attack effects, and attack names. So who cares if it can't be put on a real card?
It's a bit of a joke in the CaC where people make really long effects and then some image fakes try to make the winning text fake into an image fake, but then discover there is way too much text.

It's a bit of a joke in the CaC where people make really long effects and then some image fakes try to make the winning text fake into an image fake, but then discover there is way too much text.

O... I had no idea >_<

Every Pokemon I make that has special ability's / attacks in the manga I try to reproduce in the card game (and if its OP make it less OP).
Basic–Masked Man's Houndour–Dark– HP70

[D][C] Flamethrower 30 damage.
Discard an Energy attached to this Pokémon.

[D][C][C] Howl
Until the end of your next turn this Pokémon's HP is now 120, The attacks of this Pokémon do 50 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance), and The Retreat Cost of this Pokémon is [C][C] more.

Weakness: [F]
Resistance: [P]
Retreat: 1

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly feel that Howl is a bit too powerful for a Houndour. Increase the HP to 120 or something is my suggestion, damage increment by 50 and retreat cost by two.

I honestly feel that Howl is a bit too powerful for a Houndour. Increase the HP to 120 or something is my suggestion, damage increment by 50 and retreat cost by two.

Have you seen what the Masked Man's Houndour can do in the manga? yeah its a bit OP :D I will change it

Basic–Masked Man's Lugia–Psychic– HP130

Ability: Pressure
If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and is damaged by an opponent’s attack (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out), Choose 1 of your opponent’s Active Pokémon’s attacks. That Pokémon can’t use that attack during your opponent’s next turn.

[P][P][C][C] Aeroblast 100x damage.
Flip 2 coins. This attack does 100 damage times the number of heads.

Weakness: [L]
Resistance: [F]
Retreat: 2
Basic–Masked Man's Ho-Oh–Fire– HP120

Ability: Pressure
If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and is damaged by an opponent’s attack (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out), Choose 1 of your opponent’s Active Pokémon’s attacks. That Pokémon can’t use that attack during your opponent’s next turn.

[F][F][C][C] Sacred Fire 100 damage.
Flip 2 coins. This attack does 20 more damage for each heads and the defending Pokémon is now Burned.

Weakness: [L]
Resistance: [F]

Basic–Masked Man's Celebi–Psychic– HP70

Ability: Time Distortion
Whenever a Pokémon would be Knocked Out by damage from an attack, that Pokémon is not Knocked Out and is instead Knocked Out at the end of the owner's next turn.

[P] Time Rewind
Shuffle up to 3 cards from your discard pile into your deck.

Weakness: [P]
Resistance: [W]
Retreat: 0

Okay I have no idea if this cards ability is correct in any way.

Last edited:
Oh! You're really getting into the complicated stuff! There are a few things that need fixing, though. Firstly, you need to use apostrophes, such as in 'player's turns' and 'player's opponent's next'. Secondly, I feel that the end clause is needlessly complicated for the Ability. The time distortion effect really is the elongated effect duration, not things like a permanent effect being placed over the active - that would be much more suited for something like space distortion. Thirdly, the specific way to activate the Ability is not actually written. I assume it is an automatic effect, so this would be the best wording:

As long as this Pokemon is in play, all effects of attacks, excluding damage, done to any Pokemon in play is now applied at the end of that player's opponent's next turn.

Actually the damage is supposed to be applied like the effects. So I am just going to change "excluding" to including... Unless that's OP...

Actually the damage is supposed to be applied like the effects. So I am just going to change "excluding" to including... Unless that's OP...
Oh! Do you mean that the attack (and effects) does damage at the end of your opponent's turn? Yeah, that is a bit overpowered, to be honest. You opponent's Sand Attack will be completely useless now, for an example. Damage isn't such a big deal, although it sorta feels unnecessary. However, if you want to make it so that Knock Outs are delayed, you could do something like this:
"Whenever a Pokémon would be Knocked Out by damage from an attack, that Pokémon is not Knocked Out and is instead Knocked Out at the end of the owner's next turn."

References: Cofagrigus NVI, Head Ringer, Focus Sash

Last edited:
Oh! Do you mean that the attack (and effects) does damage at the end of your opponent's turn? Yeah, that is a bit overpowered, to be honest. You opponent's Sand Attack will be completely useless now, for an example. Damage isn't such a big deal, although it sorta feels unnecessary. However, if you want to make it so that Knock Outs are delayed, you could do something like this:
"Whenever a Pokémon would be Knocked Out by damage from an attack, that Pokémon is not Knocked Out and is Knocked Out at the end of the owner's next turn."

References: Cofagrigus NVI, Head Ringer, Focus Sash

Don't you reference anything to me!!!

Sand Attack was never any good in the first place... Any other complaints about its OP-ness?

Don't you reference anything to me!!!

Sand Attack was never any good in the first place... Any other complaints about its OP-ness?
Any effect that stops other effects entirely is broken. But here, have a list from Ancient Origins alone:

Giratina-EX
Kyurem-EX
M-Ampharos-EX
Porygon-Z (non AT)
Persian
Sliggoo
Goodra
Metagross AT
Inkay
Regice
Entei AT
Ariados
Spinarak

Edit: Updated post 150.

Any effect that stops other effects entirely is broken. But here, have a list from Ancient Origins alone:

Giratina-EX
Kyurem-EX
M-Ampharos-EX
Porygon-Z (non AT)
Persian
Sliggoo
Goodra
Metagross AT
Inkay
Regice
Entei AT
Ariados
Spinarak

Edit: Updated post 150.

How does it stop other effects? (what I am trying to achieve is delayed attacks not stopping attack effects, what am I missing here?)

How does it stop other effects? (what I am trying to achieve is delayed attacks not stopping attack effects, what am I missing here?)
All those effects end at the end of your opponent's turn. By delaying them until the end of your opponent's turn, they don't get a chance to activate.

All those effects end at the end of your opponent's turn. By delaying them until the end of your opponent's turn, they don't get a chance to activate.

O I see now. I will change it to what you think it should be. (btw thanks for all the help :D)

What Persons Pokemon would you like to see me do next?

I updated the OP once I saw my placing in the CAC tournament

Stage 2–Porygon-Z– Colorless– HP130
Evolves from Porygon2

Ability: Upgrade
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may Knock Out 1 of your Pokemon. If you do, attach as many different types of basic Energy cards from the discard pile to your Pokemon in any way you like.

Ability: Download Attacks
Once during you turn (before your attack), if this Pokemon has no Pokemon attached to it you may attach a Pokemon from your discard pile to this Pokemon. While this Pokemon has a Pokemon attached to it this Pokemon can use the attacks of that Pokemon (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack of that Pokemon.)

Resistance:
I think I could have won first place if my Pokemon grammar was better (Remember that it was one of my first cards.) I made lots of little mistakes but my biggest was that I did not use the special é when I spelled Pokémon (10 mistakes were made just by the misspelling of Pokémon.) assuming that 1 point was taken off for each misspelling (Overkill!!!) I had fun though (that's what counts) and I can't wait till the next CAC tournament comes out! And maybe I will take first place next time :D

Score: 33.5/50

Also @bbninjas did you have to give me -1 point for each misspelling of Pokémon!?!?!?!

O I see now. I will change it to what you think it should be. (btw thanks for all the help :D)
I reckon don't even worry about trying to delay effects, but just delay the Knock Out. It still changes the gameplay significantly, which I think is what you were looking for.

What Persons Pokemon would you like to see me do next?
Do Loreli's Slowbro. :D

Also @bbninjas did you have to give me -1 point for each misspelling of Pokémon!?!?!?!
It's actually -1 point for the first misspelling and -0.5 for each consecutive misspelling of the same word.

It's actually -1 point for the first misspelling and -0.5 for each consecutive misspelling of the same word.
O... well then.

For @thegrovylekid
Basic–Gold 's Pibu (Pichu)–Electric– HP40

[C] Flash
If the Defending Pokémon tries to attack during your opponent’s next turn, your opponent flips a coin. If tails, that attack does nothing.

[L] Super Rising Thunder 20+
Discard as many [L] Energy attached to your Pokémon as you like. This attack does 20 more damage for each Energy card you discarded.

Resistance: [M]
Retreat: 1
For @bbninjas
Stage 1–Loreli's Slowbro–Psychic– HP90
Evolves from Loreli's Slowpoke.

Ability: Lookout
As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, whenever your opponent plays a Supporter from his or her hand during his or her next turn, your opponent flips a coin. If tails, that card has no effect. (Your opponent still discards that card.)

[P][C] Amnesia 30 damage
Choose 1 of your opponent’s Active Pokémon’s attacks. That Pokémon can’t use that attack during your opponent’s next turn.

Weakness: [P]
Resistance:
Retreat: 3
For @dwarfstar
Stage 1–Alder's Volcarona–Fire– HP110
Evolves from Alder's Larvesta.

[G][C] Bug Buzz 30x damage
This attack does 30 damage times the number of [G] Pokémon you have in play.

[F][F][C] Overheat 110 damage.
Does 10 damage to 2 of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon. (Don’t apply Weaknees and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: [W]
Resistance:

Back