TCG Fakes Plasma Dragon's Text-Based Fakes

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Pumkaboo is a bit OP. Drop the HP boost to 20 HP and Rolling Crush to 30. You also need to clarify when the effect of the Ability ends.

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time
I'm loving the Scizor, Arceus, Pumpkaboo, Gorgeist, Phantump, and Trevenant cards. My only problem with Scizor, however, is that it should not have a resistance to Water, as it looks inaccurate.

Whoops did not mean to put that resistance on him XD (he is a bug/steel type so he should not have that.) Thanks!

Pumkaboo is a bit OP. Drop the HP boost to 20 HP and Rolling Crush to 30. You also need to clarify when the effect of the Ability ends.

I'm not 100% on a card to use to word this, because I want the effect to last only while he is in play (not just on the bench or in the active position.) So: (I know this will be wrond :p) When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench, flip 3 coins. For each heads this Pokémon gets +20 HP and its attacks do 10 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon (until this Pokémon leaves play) (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Golurk AT would be a nice card to use as reference. You may also like to consider to add a design element so that you have a way to remind you later on in the game, especially if you have multiple Pumpkaboo out, how many coins you flipped for the Pumpkaboo. You could use special counters (like, Boost Counters or something) or attaching x amount of cards (Pokemon/Trainer) from your discard pile.

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time
Golurk AT would be a nice card to use as reference. You may also like to consider to add a design element so that you have a way to remind you later on in the game, especially if you have multiple Pumpkaboo out, how many coins you flipped for the Pumpkaboo. You could use special counters (like, Boost Counters or something) or attaching x amount of cards (Pokemon/Trainer) from your discard pile.

Update:
Basic–Pumpkaboo–Grass– HP60

pumpkaboo.gif

Ability: Pick Of The Patch
When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench, flip 3 coins. for each heads put a Size counter on this card. For each Size counter this Pokémon gets +20 HP as (long as this Pokémon is in play) and its attacks do 10 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[G][C] Rolling Crush 30

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance: [D] -20
Retreat: [C][C][C]

New:
Basic–Magmar–Fire– HP80

magmar.gif

[R][R] Inferno Onrush 40+
You may search your deck for up to 2 [R] Energy cards and attach them to this Pokémon, For each Energy card attached in this way, this this attack does 20 more damage and Pokémon does 10 damage to itself. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]
Stage 1–Magmortar–Fire– HP130
Evolves from Magmar.

magmortar.gif

[R][C] Fireball Sniper
This attack does 40 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

[R][R][R][R] Flaming Bazooka 100
You may discard up to 2 [R] Energy cards attached to this Pokémon. If you do, this attack does 40 more damage for each energy discarded in this way.

Resistance:

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time
Basic–Heatran–Fire– HP120

heatran.gif

[R] Support Destruction 10
Your opponent can't play any Supporter cards from his or her hand during his or her next turn.

[R][C] Magma Cannon 90
Discards 2 cards from your hand.

Resistance: [P] -20
Basic–Houndour–Fire– HP60

houndour.gif

[R][C] Pack Attack 20x
This attack does 20 damage times the number of Houndour you have in play.

Resistance:
Retreat: [C]
Stage 1–Houndoom–Fire– HP100
Evolves from Houndour.

houndoom.gif

[R][C] Fire Fang 40
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Burned.

[R][C] Demon Horn 40
Flip 2 coins. For each heads, discard a random card from your opponent's hand.

Resistance:
Mega–M Houndoom–Fire– HP150
Evolves from Houndoom.

houndoom-mega.gif

Ability: Legend Hunter
The attacks of the Pokémon do 30 more damage to your opponent's Active Basic Pokémon with greater than 90 base HP (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[R][R] Inferno Burnout 70
You may discard all [R] Energy attached to this Pokémon. If you do, this attack does 30 more damage and discard all Energy attached to the Defending Pokémon.

Resistance:

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
In Houndoom, "more" should be "greater" and "printed" probably should be "base".

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time
More cards :D

Basic–Jynx–Water– HP80

jynx.gif

[P][P] Creepy Dance 30
Your opponent can't attach Energy from his or her hand to the Defending Pokémon during his or her next turn and the Defending Pokémon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn.

[W][W] Ice Spear 50
This attack does 10 damage to 2 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:
Basic–Sneasel–Water– HP60

sneasel.gif

Ability: Sneaky Snatcher
If this Pokémon becomes your Active Pokémon, you may discard a random card from your opponents hand. If you do, draw a card.

[W] Claw Rake 10

Weakness: [M] x2
Resistance:
Retreat:
Stage 1–Weavile–Water– HP100
Evolves from Sneasel.

weavile.gif

[C][C] Swift 30
This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness, Resistance, or any other effects on your opponent's Active Pokémon.

[W][W][C] Frigid Claw 40+
This attack does 20 more damage for each of your Benched Pokémon with [M] weakness.

Weakness: [M] x2
Resistance:

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Wow! I am LOVING your Houndour, Houndoom, Jynx, Sneasel, and Weavile cards! Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time
You guys are sooo demanding :p

Basic–Carvanha–Water– HP60

carvanha.gif

Ability: Piranha Pool
If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out), put 1 damage counter on the Attacking Pokémon for each Carvanha you have in play.

[W] Feast 50
If your opponent's Active Pokémon does not already have any damage counters on it, this attack does nothing.

Weakness: [L] x2
Resistance:
Stage 1–Sharpedo–Water– HP110
Evolves from Carvanha.

sharpedo.gif

[C] Undertow
Switch 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon with a Drown counter with his or her Active Pokémon.

[W][W]
Drown 50
Put 2 Drown counters on the Defending Pokémon (after resolving damage by this attack.)

Resistance:
Retreat:
Drown counter effect: Once during your opponents turn, your opponent may remove a Drown counter from 1 of his or her Pokémon. If a Defending Pokémon with a Drown counter is damaged by an attack, it is Knocked Out.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Loving the Carvanha and Sharpedo, but out of interest, why Lightning Weakness instead of Grass Weakness?

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Damn, I keep forgetting about the fact that Sharpedo EX has a weakness of Lightning, as do Aqua'a Carvanha and Aqua's Sharpedo.

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time
Yay! Another Sharpedo!

Mega–M Sharpedo–Water– HP160
Evolves from Sharpedo.

sharpedo-mega.png

[C][C] Mega Headbutt 30x
Flip 3 coins. This attack does 30 damage times the number of heads.

[W][W][W] Tsunami 100+
This attack does 40 more damage for each Drown counter on your opponents Pokémon.

Resistance:
Basic–Chinchou–Water– HP50

chinchou.gif

[W] Electric Field
During your opponents next turn, If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out), put 2 damage counter on the Attacking Pokémon.

[W] Treasure hunt
Draw 2 cards from the bottom of your deck.

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:
Stage 1–Lanturn–Water– HP90
Evolves from Chinchou.

lanturn.gif

Ability: Lightning Rod
If a Pokémon would be damaged by a [L] Pokémon's attack (both yours and your opponent’s), negate that damage.

[W][C] Whirlpool
This attack does 20 damage to each Benched Pokémon (both yours and your opponent’s). (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time
Boom!

Basic–Shinx–Lightning– HP60

shinx.gif

Ability: Lightning Evolution
This Pokémon can evolve during your first turn or the turn you play it.

[L] Quick Zap 10+
If you played this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench during this turn, this attack does 20 more damage.

Weakness: [F] x2
Resistance: [M] -20
Stage 1–Luxio–Lightning– HP90
Evolves from Shinx.

luxio.gif

Ability: Lightning Evolution
This Pokémon can evolve during your first turn or the turn you play it.

[L][L] Thundering Roar 50+
If you played this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during this turn, this attack does 40 more damage and the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

Retreat:
Stage 2–Luxray–Lightning– HP140
Evolves from Luxio.

luxray.gif

[L][L][C] Speeding Bolt 90+
If you played this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during this turn, this attack does 90 more damage and the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

[L][L][C] Electric U-Turn 50
Put this Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your hand.

Retreat:
BREAK–Luxray–Lightning– HP170
Evolves From Luxray.
luxray-3.gif

Ability: Evolution Preparation
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may search your deck for 2 [L] Energy card and attach them to 1 of your Basic [L] Pokémon. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Luxray BREAK retains the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of its previous Evolution.

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time
Sorry for the late cards, Ive been having writers block for like the past 3 days -_-

Basic–Stunfisk–Lightning– HP80

stunfisk.gif

[L] Recharge 20
Search your deck for a [L] Energy card and attach it to this Pokémon. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[L][C][C] Electro Bombardment
Discard as many [L] Energy attached to this Pokémon as you like. For each Energy card discarded in this way, this attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Resistance:
Basic–Dedenne–Lightning– HP70

dedenne.gif

Ability: Plug-in
Once during your turn (before you attack.) You may flip a coin. If heads, attach a [L] Energy card from your discard pile to this Pokémon.

[L][L] Volt Switch 50
Move 2 [L] Energy from this Pokémon to 1 of your Benched Pokémon and switch this Pokémon with that Benched Pokémon.

Resistance:
Basic–Lugia–Psychic– HP120

lugia.gif

[P][C] Psy Dive 40

[P][P][C][C] Mental Destruction 40x
You may discard as many cards as you like from your hand. This attack does 40 damage times the number of cards discarded in this way.

Resistance: [F] -20
Basic–Meditite–Psychic– HP50

meditite.gif

[C] Startle 10
Your opponent reveals his or her hand.

[P][P] Tricky Punch 30

Resistance:
Stage 1–Medicham–Psychic– HP90
Evolves from Meditite.

medicham.gif

[P]
Magic Bounce
Flip a coin. If heads, during your opponents next turn, If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and would be damaged by an opponent's attack, choose a Pokémon in play, apply all effects of your opponent's attacks to that Pokémon.

[P][P] Sky Assault
This attack does 40 damage to 2 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Resistance:

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Some really nice concepts here! I really like how fun these cards look, especially the pivotal nature of Dedenne and the discard-to-snipe nature of Stunfisk! I do think you should probably tweak the balance for a few of these cards, however:

I would make Electric Bombardment only do damage to a single Pokemon. With the right decklist, it would not be uncommon to power up a Stunfisk enough to be doing 60 to all Pokemon each turn, and potentially winning on Turn 2 or Turn 3.

You could probably drop the power of Dedenne's attack by 20, but otherwise its very nice.

I personally would drop Lugia's second attack down to 30, but that's more my taste. :p

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time
Some really nice concepts here! I really like how fun these cards look, especially the pivotal nature of Dedenne and the discard-to-snipe nature of Stunfisk! I do think you should probably tweak the balance for a few of these cards

Thanks! I put a lot of time and thought into them so that way 50% more of Pokemon in a set wont be binder filler.

I would make Electric Bombardment only do damage to a single Pokemon. With the right decklist, it would not be uncommon to power up a Stunfisk enough to be doing 60 to all Pokemon each turn, and potentially winning on Turn 2 or Turn 3.

XY10_EN_62.png

I know that this one can choose multiple Pokemon but its pretty much the same and that's why I made it the way it was so that it did not look like it was copied to much :p

You could probably drop the power of Dedenne's attack by 20, but otherwise its very nice.

You know best :p

I personally would drop Lugia's second attack down to 30, but that's more my taste. :p

I think its fine, I mean you need 2 [P] energy and 2 [C] energy + discard 4 cards from your hand to do 160 (he only has 120HP.)

Also what do you think about Medicham? :eek:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Thanks! I put a lot of time and thought into them so that way 50% more of Pokemon in a set wont be binder filler.
It is very noticeable! ^.^

Bronzong is a Stage 2 (effectively), though. ;)

Also what do you think about Medicham? :eek:

It is probably a bit too powerful too, since you can just have Medicham active Magic Bouncing all attacks and damage to your opponent's Pokemon rather than your own. It's an interesting concept nevertheless. :p

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time
Check to see if they are balanced now :p

Update:
Basic–Stunfisk–Lightning– HP80

stunfisk.gif

[L] Recharge 20
Search your deck for a [L] Energy card and attach it to this Pokémon. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[L][C][C] Electro Bombardment
Discard as many [L] Energy attached to this Pokémon as you like. For each Energy card discarded in this way, this attack does 30 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Resistance:
Stage 1–Medicham–Psychic– HP90
Evolves from Meditite.

medicham.gif

[P][P]
Magic Bounce
Flip a coin. If heads, during your opponents next turn, If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and would be damaged by an opponent's attack, choose a Pokémon in play, apply all effects of your opponent's attacks to that Pokémon. If tails, discards 2 cards from your hand.

[P][P] Sky Assault
This attack does 40 damage to 2 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Resistance:

New:
Basic–Bulbasuar–Psychic– HP70

bulbasaur.gif

[P][C] Toxic Whip
Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Poisoned and this attack does 10 damage to 2 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Resistance: [W] -20
Stage 1–Ivysuar–Psychic– HP90
Evolves from Bulbasuar.

ivysaur.gif

Ability: Poison Perfume
If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out), the Attacking Pokémon is now Poisoned.

[P][C][C] Strangle 50+
You may discard a [G] Energy attached to this Pokémon. If you do, this attack does 40 more damage.

Stage 2–Venusuar–Psychic– HP150
Evolves from Ivysuar.

venusaur.gif

Ability: Poison Enhancer
Once during your turn (before you attack.) You may put 1 more damage counter on your opponents poisoned Pokémon between turns.

[P][P][C][C] Toxicity 80
If the Defending Pokémon is Poisoned, this attack does 50 more damage.

Retreat: [C][C][C][C]