TCG Fakes Plasma Dragon's Text-Based Fakes

You've got your commas sorta floating around randomly :)P). It should be:

Once during your turn (before your attack), you may end your turn. If you do, during your opponents next turn, any damage done to this Pokemon by attacks is reduced by 80.

You've got your commas sorta floating around randomly :)P). It should be:

Once during your turn (before your attack), you may end your turn. If you do, during your opponents next turn, any damage done to this Pokemon by attacks is reduced by 80.

Thanks! Fixed

Basic–Bruno's Hitmonlee–Fighting– HP100

[F] Rolling Kick 20 damage.
Flip a coin. If heads, during your next turn, each of this Pokemon’s attacks does 20 more damage (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[F][F] High Jump Kick 60 damage.
Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does nothing.

[F][F][F] Mega Kick 80 damage.
If this Pokemon was on the Bench and became your Active Pokemon this turn, this attack does 50 more damage.

Weakness: [P]
Resistance:
Retreat: 0
Basic–Bruno's Hitmonchan–Fighting– HP90

Ability: Elemental Punches
Once during your turn (when you choose 1 of this Pokemon's attacks), you may flip a coin. If heads, choose either Burned, or can't retreat during your opponent's next turn, or can't evolve during your opponent's next turn.

[F][C] Comet Punch 20x damage.
Flip 5 coins. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads.

Resistance:
Retreat: 1

Last edited:
With Bruno's Hitmonchan, how exactly do you decide which one of the effects is applied by a successful ability flip? Also, defending is captilised as 'Defending'.

I changed it a bit. Is it better now?
It's better, so I see what you mean now. However, I think there are other ways to word it; such as using Amoonguss and Venusaur.

I am also concerned about the Paralysis. I know that I'd choose that all the time due to it's power. I'd suggest changing it for a different effect (can't retreat?).

It's better, so I see what you mean now. However, I think there are other ways to word it; such as using Amoonguss and Venusaur.

I am also concerned about the Paralysis. I know that I'd choose that all the time due to it's power. I'd suggest changing it for a different effect (can't retreat?).

how about this:
Once during your turn (when you choose 1 of this Pokemon's attacks), you may flip a coin. If heads, choose either Burned, or can't retreat during your opponent's next turn, or can't evolve during your opponent's next turn.

Yeah a flip for paralysis is a bit OP but the reason I did it is because Bruno's Hitmonchan (in the Manga) had 4 attacks Fire Punch, ThunderPunch, Ice Punch and Comet Punch. So I decided to make an ability that allows him to use all of his attacks via the Burn, Paralysis, Freeze, and normal Comet Punch...

I actually made this card yesterday but the servers were down every time I got on...
Stage 1–Koga's Arbok–Psychic– HP120
Evolves from Koga's Ekans.

Ability: Regeneration
If this Pokemon would be Knocked Out by damage from an attack, you may put this Pokemon and all cards attached to it on your Bench with half of its original HP (this still counts as a Knock Out).

[P][P] Acid 50 damage.
Flip 2 coins. For each heads, discard an Energy attached to your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

Resistance:
Retreat: 0

Basic–Masked Man's Delibird–Water– HP90

Ability: Dodging Action
If any damage is done to this Pokémon by attacks, flip a coin. If heads, prevent that damage.

[W][C] Headbutt 30 damage.

[W][W][C] Blizzard 80 damage.
This attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent’s Pokémon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: [M]
Resistance: [C]
Retreat: 2

Stage 1–Masked Man's Ariados–Grass– HP80
Evolves from Masked Man's Spinarak.

Ability: Transferring Web
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may move a basic Energy from 1 of your Pokémon to 1 of your Masked Man's Pokémon.

[G] String Shot
This attack does 20 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Pokémon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon)

Weakness: [F]
Resistance:
Retreat: 2

Last edited:
Nice flavour! You're really getting into it.

On the wording side, I'll just mention a few bracket rules. The "Don't apply Weakness and Resistance" clause should actually be after the full stop (i.e. ...Pokemon. (Don't apply... Pokemon.)) Also, I suggest you start italicising "(before your attack)" like so: "(before your attack)".

I think I fixed it... I like flavor :D

Basic–Masked Man's Gastly–Psychic– HP50

Ability: Ghostly Possession
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is in your hand, you may reveal it and attach it to 1 of your opponents Pokémon that has remaining HP 80 or less. If you do, discard all other cards attached to that Pokémon and move that Pokémon to your Bench. While this card is attached to a Pokémon, you may use attacks, ability's, ancient traits, or any other effects on that Pokemon. If the Pokémon this card is attached to has remaning HP greater than 80, discard this Pokémon and return that Pokémon to your opponent's Bench.

[P] Shadow Sneak 10 damage.

Weakness: [D]

I think this guys ability is going to need some work :p

Last edited:

Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is in your hand, you may reveal it and attach it to 1 of you opponents Pokémon with 80 or less current HP. If you do, discard all cards attached to that Pokémon and move that Pokémon to your Bench, while this card is attached to a Pokémon you may use attacks, ability's, ancient traits, or any other effects on that Pokemon. If the Pokémon this card is attached to HP is greater than 80 discard this Pokémon and move it to your opponents Bench.

that is soooo true!
Wow, :p

Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is in your hand, you may reveal it and attach it to 1 of you opponents Pokémon with 80 or less current HP. If you do, discard all cards attached to that Pokémon and move that Pokémon to your Bench, while this card is attached to a Pokémon you may use attacks, ability's, ancient traits, or any other effects on that Pokemon. If the Pokémon this card is attached to HP is greater than 80 discard this Pokémon and move it to your opponents Bench.

Haha, I can help you make it work! I've got a bit of experience with this sort of ability. :p

Firstly, 'current' is not really used in the TCG, instead 'remaining' is used to refer to 'HP'. That was also a slight structure error here, which was changed according to Archeops PLB.
With this clause - "While this card is...", there needs to be some sort of clarification with what cards can be attached to it. This can sorta be remedified by stating the Pokémon does count as your Pokémon. You could probably write "While this card is attached to a Pokémon, that Pokémon counts as one of your Pokémon.

Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is in your hand, you may reveal it and attach it to 1 of your opponents Pokémon that has remaining HP 80 or less. If you do, discard all other cards attached to that Pokémon and move that Pokémon to your Bench. While this card is attached to a Pokémon, you may use attacks, ability's, ancient traits, or any other effects on that Pokemon. If the Pokémon this card is attached to has remaning HP greater than 80, discard this Pokémon and return that Pokémon to your opponent's Bench.

Haha, I can help you make it work! I've got a bit of experience with this sort of ability. :p

Why is this so funny?( yes I am talking to both you and @TheFlyingPidove) Why do you have experience with this sort of ability?

Firstly, 'current' is not really used in the TCG, instead 'remaining' is used to refer to 'HP'. That was also a slight structure error here, which was changed according to Archeops PLB.
With this clause - "While this card is...", there needs to be some sort of clarification with what cards can be attached to it. This can sorta be remedified by stating the Pokémon does count as your Pokémon. You could probably write "While this card is attached to a Pokémon, that Pokémon counts as one of your Pokémon.

Yeah remaining does sound kinda better. Ah yes clarification, very important with card games. "While this card is attached to a Pokémon, that Pokémon counts as one of your Pokémon." That almost sounds like a cheat :p

changed...

Everyone stop making effects that wouldn't fit on actual cards. :p

Everyone stop making effects that wouldn't fit on actual cards. :p
Once during your turn, you may flip a coin. If that coin is heads, flip another coin. If that coin is heads, search your deck for a Pokémon and either put it on your bench or discard it. If you put it on your bench, your turn ends. During your next turn, that Pokémon has 20 more HP. If you discard it, flip a coin. If heads, shuffle all energy cards back into your deck. If tails, your turn ends. During your next turn, flip a coin. If heads, draw a prize card. If tails, your opponent draws a prize card. Either way, this Pokémon takes 20 damage.

:p

Back