Discussion Paldean Fates Official Setlist (SV4.5)

I have listed cards for the set on paper, that have so far been listed by both Dineinunes and JustinBasil on his personal website. So far, I have counted 88 possible cards that could be in the set. If the rumours about there being 91 cards in the set are true, then I'm missing three cards to make that total. I do know that the Pokémon in their Shiny Formes will be a separate sub set. Reprints of cards from past sets and this set as we have so far seen in Charmeleon and Mime Jr. So far, from that 88 number that I have listed, 9 of them are Pokémon ex.
I really think there is still more than 3 new cards to be revealed for Shiny Treasure ex. We are likely getting some Ancient/Future support, likely 1 more TM. There's still a lot of time until the whole set reveal, I don't think they would've spoiled everything so soon. My list still has place for at least 18 new cards. I believe you're counting the series 4 gym promos to get the 88 number, right?

Included the new Natu and the leaked Charizard Shiny Special Illustration Rare (?)

Mew ex is 232 and Charizard ex is 234. I believe they are gonna give these shiny SIRs to the set mascots (the ones that got gold cards in the set). But 233 might be either Ting-Lu ex or Koraidon ex. Maybe they'll give Koraidon and Miraidon ex new gold cards like they did Zacian and Zamazenta instead of this and Ting-Lu gets the spot?

Last edited:
You have the Shiny Legendaries (Chi-Yu, Wo-Chien etc, and the “aidon”s speculated on the list, but I don’t think they’re in the set. For sure not Chi-Yu, as Quaquaval ex is directly after Skeledirge ex in the Japanese set.

I also think the one between the leaked Mew and Zard could be Gardevoir, since it’s also fairly popular, and since I really doubt they’d do the Shiny Legends this fast (based on previous Shiny sets)

You have the Shiny Legendaries (Chi-Yu, Wo-Chien etc, and the “aidon”s speculated on the list, but I don’t think they’re in the set. For sure not Chi-Yu, as Quaquaval ex is directly after Skeledirge ex in the Japanese set.

I also think the one between the leaked Mew and Zard could be Gardevoir, since it’s also fairly popular, and since I really doubt they’d do the Shiny Legends this fast (based on previous Shiny sets)
It's more that the 6 legendaries are still shiny locked in the games and the TCG doesn't debut shinies AFAIK.

Chi Yu is already ruled out through numbering anyway and you can't fit Chien Pao, Miraidon, Koraidon and Ting Lu anyway since Alakazam and Gardevoir are guaranteed and likely Mew and Glimmora.

So I think none of those are getting shinies but they may get a gold or something though that's boring AF.

I really think there is still more than 3 new cards to be revealed for Shiny Treasure ex. We are likely getting some Ancient/Future support, likely 1 more TM. There's still a lot of time until the whole set reveal, I don't think they would've spoiled everything so soon. My list still has place for at least 18 new cards. I believe you're counting the series 4 gym promos to get the 88 number, right?
There is no way to get to 88 now.

It's more that the 6 legendaries are still shiny locked in the games and the TCG doesn't debut shinies AFAIK.

Chi Yu is already ruled out through numbering anyway and you can't fit Chien Pao, Miraidon, Koraidon and Ting Lu anyway since Alakazam and Gardevoir are guaranteed and likely Mew and Glimmora.

So I think none of those are getting shinies but they may get a gold or something though that's boring AF.
Exactly about the Shinies! I think it might be like the Dogs where they’ll get a Shiny version down the line, But for now, no Shiny gen 9 Legend

Unless the gold is like the Gold Arceus and Origin trio, because those looked amazing

Yeah, I put every pokémon that has been revealed to be in the set in there but I had them crossed because I also don't think they will be. We didn't get shiny Zacian, Zamazenta and Eternatus in Shiny Star V because they were shiny locked in game so I think they might do something similar here. Gardevoir might be a contender if they definitely don't give Ting-Lu a shiny version. But I still think Koraidon and Miraidon might get new gold cards even if not shiny.

Also, I removed Chi-Yu and Wo-Chien. It slipped my mind that Skeledirge and Quaquaval are next to each other.

Yes, Zacian and Zamazenta only got their shiny cards in a product that coincided with their first shiny distribution in-game. I wouldn't dismiss at least Chien-Pao and Ting-Lu yet because we might still see a distribution until the set comes out, but I will still keep them crossed.

I just noticed that Antique Old Amber unlike the other two says that it can evolve into a regular pokémon and a ex pokémon. I think we might get Aerodactyl ex in this set since it's the last one with the G regulation-mark, otherwise there would be a time period where it would be unusable in Standard due to the item rotating before the pokémon.

OldOldAmber156PokémonCard151.jpg
OldHelixFossil154PokémonCard151.jpg
OldDomeFossil155PokémonCard151.jpg

I just noticed that Antique Old Amber unlike the other two says that it can evolve into a regular pokémon and a ex pokémon. I think we might get Aerodactyl ex in this set since it's the last one with the G regulation-mark, otherwise there would be a time period where it would be unusable in Standard due to the item rotating before the pokémon.

OldOldAmber156PokémonCard151.jpg
OldHelixFossil154PokémonCard151.jpg
OldDomeFossil155PokémonCard151.jpg

Nice spotting. It could mean we are getting one, or it could be just to future proof in case they release one.

The reason the other two don't mention ex Pokemon is because they don't evolve into fully evolved mons.

Nice, put them in. Also, the entire Paldea dex will be automatically included in the shiny vault, as per observation in Shining Fates

I did my setlist and I observe the previous Fates set, the entire dex was chucked in there, only the good ones. In short, we could expect Spidops ex, Lokix, Glimmora ex etc

Nice, put them in. Also, the entire Paldea dex will be automatically included in the shiny vault, as per observation in Shining Fates
I'm not sure if the entire Paldea dex are in. Looking at the numbers between Floragato and Charmander we have 7 positions, and the candidates are (basing on existing cards):

Tarountula (w. Spidops or more likely Spidops ex)
Nymble (w. Lokix or Dark Lokix)
Smoliv, Dolliv, Arboliva
Bramblin, Brambleghast
Toedscool, Toedscruel (though could be Fighting ones)
Capsakid, Scovillain
Rellor

This is 10 Pokémon with only Grass-type prints - of course they could do Psychic Bramblin, Fire Scovillain, and Colorless Smoliv, but I think it's also limited with what new cards they'll do

I'm not sure if the entire Paldea dex are in. Looking at the numbers between Floragato and Charmander we have 7 positions, and the candidates are (basing on existing cards):

Tarountula (w. Spidops or more likely Spidops ex)
Nymble (w. Lokix or Dark Lokix)
Smoliv, Dolliv, Arboliva
Bramblin, Brambleghast
Toedscool, Toedscruel (though could be Fighting ones)
Capsakid, Scovillain
Rellor

This is 10 Pokémon with only Grass-type prints - of course they could do Psychic Bramblin, Fire Scovillain, and Colorless Smoliv, but I think it's also limited with what new cards they'll do
Gen 9 dex cannot fit in. Orthworm is already out unless it gets a tera.

Too many Pokemon need to get new cards switching types - the ones you brought up, Tatsugiri, Veluza.

This is just a mishmash of Hidden and Shining Fates, and it's terrible. The SARs will have to carry it because otherwise it's just deathly boring.

Another Charmander, Chameleon, Ralts, Kirlia, Riolu, Lucario. YAWN

I noticed that there are 3 spots between Charmeleon and Fuecoco both in the main set and in the Shiny set, so to me it seems like all non-ex Fire-types are getting Shiny cards (under the assumption Charcadet and Armarouge do too), and that the two Shiny ex slots between Meowscarada ex and Skeledirge ex are likely Grass types (assuming Spidops and Toedscruel or a new one)

Nice spotting. It could mean we are getting one, or it could be just to future proof in case they release one.

The reason the other two don't mention ex Pokemon is because they don't evolve into fully evolved mons.
I always forget Aerodactyl is the only non-evolving fossil in gen 1.

By the number on Scyther it seems like the shinies start right after the main set, so maybe no new Full Arts will be released? Or maybe they switched the order the cards are presented?

Back