'Omega Ruby' and 'Alpha Sapphire' Releasing November 2014! [5/7]

Wow.

When I first read the news my jaw just dropped in pure shock. It's funny because this isn't really like the biggest surprise ever or anything. They've been dropping R/S hints (a ton of them in fact in X/Y) that I'd be more surprised if it never came out but just the way that they revealed it was mind blowing. A random day in May with no prior anything and a very minimalistic trailer with very little information and that it's coming out in just six months. Six months? That's insane!

Needless to say I think I had a hype seizure after fully processing all of it. These games are quite nostalgic to me (just what was going on at the time I was playing the games) and they mean quite a bit to me so it doesn't matter if they're remakes or sequels or whatever. I can't wait.

dmaster out.

Sceptile and Swampert are probably going to get Mega Evolutions because Blazeiken has one and it would be unfair to give one starter of the game a Mega Evolution and not give the others ones.

@Mitja or maybe they just only did blaziken as a hint , for the new games , but we can speculate on and on and on.

A question does anybody know when the next coro coro comes out so we can maybe expect maybe some news.

Charizard got two Mega Evolutions, Venusaur and Blastoise just one. Charizard and Blaziken were just popular Pokémon in general.

Well I can't say I'm too surprised. More mystified as to what's with the colouring of Kyogre and Groudon. Maybe it's some powered up mode like the pictures of White and Black Kyrem. Still, looks like it will be another solid winner critically and financially.

Hopefully you guys are right and we'll see Sceptile and Swampert get their mega evolutions. I never felt it was fair for Blaziken to just get the glory.

OMO!

I cannot believe it. YES! I originally have Pokemon Yellow, but never finished it, same with Silver. Sapphire, on the other hand, is an exception. I finished it and I loved that game to death! Water-types everywhere, Fortree City, Underwater areas, Sootopolis City, Hot water bath, sand baths, and my favorite part; abandoned ship!

Hoenn, here I come!

I suspect it's a "re-imagining" with an altered world and mega evolutions for Groudon and Kyogre and Rayquaza

Trolledyah said:
When I first read this I just screamed like a little girl. THIS IS JUST SO AWESOME. I can't wait to return to Hoenn! Hopefully the secret bases will return, really looking forward to that. I'm really excited *screams and faints*

StreetPass secret bases!

pikablu29 said:
arulz said:
"Game is in 2D, some areas also playable in 3D"

too bad. was hoping the overworld would be all 3D this time!

At least they didn't try to fool you like they did with X & Y claiming the whole thing was in 3D.

Just because they didn't think to put a specially worded message to indicate that only parts of the game are in 3D on the box, it doesn't mean they were trying to fool anyone.

It was public knowledge before X and Y's release that only the battles would be in 3D. Only in hindsight did they realize that putting a message on the box indicating that only certain parts are playable in 3D would've been a smart move, on account of some people not hearing about it prior to picking up the game.

But who actually stops and checks to see whether a game says on the box if it's playable in 3D or not before deciding to buy it? Is a Pokemon fan gonna check the box of the latest 3DS Pokemon game and be like "well crap, no point in buying this since I can't enjoy it with the 3D gimmick enabled"? No, they'd buy the game, take it home and pop it into their 3DS, discover that 3D doesn't work everywhere (assuming they even use 3D), and then they'd look at the box to see what it says about whether it's in 3D or not. And then certain people would get overly indignant about the fact that the box says "Playable in 2D and 3D" (which it is, just not everywhere) and how they feel sooooo deceived by that.

NERD-FRICKIN'-OMG-HYPE-GASM.

Thank you, Game Freak, for answering our prayers and actually making these. 3rd gen is one of my favorites though, so they gotta do a nice job.

Also, they should use GlitchxCity's & PokeRemixStudio's remixes as soundtracks for some places. XD For example, I love PRS's Mt. Pyre remix.

YAY!

I knew it would happen, it was only a matter of time. I can't wait to go back to Hoenn! Perhaps there will be some new features and mega evolutions. So exciting to think about! :)

Shining Raikou said:
Perhaps there will be some new features and mega evolutions. So exciting to think about! :)

Speaking of Megas, do you think we'll get K&G&R as Mega or are they gonna add a new system? If Deoxys has (which I'd personally LOOOVE.) something to do with the story, maybe a "Virus Pokémon" kinda system would be cool. That could explain the forms we saw.

It's crazy! My friend sent me a pic of the cover art and I thought it was an awesome fan-art. Then I went online and saw it was legit and I literally cried of joy. The games that got me back into Pokemon are finally getting remakes/sequels. Today is a great day.

Hoenn was a great time, I had just finished fire red leaf green as my first pokemon game way back when after being a fan of the anime and cards for years
and although it was great, a polished rock is still just a rock, wheres ruby and sapphire and emerald were literally precious gems that introduced so many pokemon new mechanics and gimmicks and it just made me fall in love with the games, I mean it wasn't even just the one game, out of those 3 games spawned games like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and XD Gale of Darkness and it all around was pretty freaking sweet, and I was a kid, so I didn't have to give a crap about competitive play whatsoever so it was all unabridled fun, unhindered by the negative opinions of the internet. such memories.

382.gif

R/S/E was my childhood, so words cannot describe how I feel right now. I've never been this hyped for a game before, and I don't think I ever will be again.

Remake, sequel, re-imagining, whatever--just being able to visit Gen III again makes me so, so happy. Thank you, Game Freak!

All I could say was finally. My Sapphire was the first video game that I had ever asked for, and to see this news I am just overjoyed!

I wonder if this is a new region we will explore, or an update for Hoenn. I hope its new so that we can discover what that idol was from the Backpacker in the hotels.

Hoenn confirmed! (finally.)

But really, though, I'm pretty pumped. Like SR, I figured RS remakes would come eventually, and the timing makes sense. I've always viewed the remakes NOT as Gen A Game -> Gen B ->Gen C Remake of Gen A Game, but rather System A Game -> System B -> System C Remake of System A Game. That's probably in part why we didn't get RS remakes in Gen V, since those games were for the DS (plus earlier DS models had a slot for GBA cartridges).

Hoenn definitely featured the most diverse cities (I'm looking at you, Fortree, Pacifidlog, and Sootopolis! , which I'm sure will look beautiful in 3D! I can't wait to see what changes are made.

Pineapple X said:
Shining Raikou said:
Perhaps there will be some new features and mega evolutions. So exciting to think about! :)

Speaking of Megas, do you think we'll get K&G&R as Mega or are they gonna add a new system? If Deoxys has (which I'd personally LOOOVE.) something to do with the story, maybe a "Virus Pokémon" kinda system would be cool. That could explain the forms we saw.

I'm imagining more Megas are on the way, but you never know. Pokemon does have a habit of shaking things up (for example, Shadow Pokemon).

Professor Palutena said:
9r5Cj46.png

I'm wondering how they'll implement mega evolution into this game. Surely we'll be seeing megas for the starters and Wally will probably have a mega Gardevoir. Hopefully Steven gets a Mega Metagross as well.

Add a Mega-Roserade and also Mega-Cradily, Armaldo, Claydol and...well, we already have a Mega-Aggron...and Mega-Milotic for Juan or Wallace. :p

If both Kyogre and Groundon were already beautiful, then now they look like celestial beasts.

I can't wait to return to Verdanturff and hear the new version of the background music. Oh, and the Slateport Museum...
If those are Mega-evolutions, then the Blue and Red orb will be the mega-stones? It would make sense.

HOLY SHIT!!! Finally they announced it! I knew it would be 2014 or 2015! Im so excited. Did anyone else notice the changes to Groudon and Kyogre's designs? Possible new formes or even Megas? I wonder what their abilities and stats would be! Groudon would obviously be the more physical with Kyogre being more special, or maybe even swap that with Groudon the special and Kyogre the physical!

But honestly, fangirling so hard right now! Or would it be fanboying since I'm a boy?

Back