Obama won!

Honestly, I'm about ready to flame every single post Glace has made, because all of his opinions and jokes are annoying me to death, and he is denying the amount of flame in this thread.

But I won't, because I follow the rules ( ;D )

Seriously, someone lock this thread already(again)

HypnoticLuxray said:
Honestly, I'm about ready to flame every single post Glace has made, because all of his opinions and jokes are annoying me to death, and he is denying the amount of flame in this thread.

How about instead of telling mods to lock it, you leave instead? If you don't like the subject matter you don't have to read the thread. It's simple yo.
There is valid discussion occurring here.

I love Pokebeach. You know, sometimes the barriers between logic and passion do disintegrate in our obviously incredibly intellectual minds; however, as much as I would love to have sex with everyone without a condom I won't because I think it's quite irresponsible. Personally I don't really believe in abortion- I definitely wouldn't appreciate having a close relative or friend getting one unless the situation is dire. Just because I don't like abortions does NOT mean I have the right to take my opinion, enclose it within my fist, and proceed to penetrate it 6 inches into the ass of everyone in the United States.

On the subject of trolling: everyone loves a good troll, everyone hates a bad troll. If you are unsure of which category you currently place within, please refrain from such activities as there is a significant likelihood you will come off as an imbecile rather than some sort of sophisticated comedian. Of course what would this site be without people absolutely disregarding the above sentence. And speaking of advice, I'm sure a few people will find fault with my suggestions on the grounds that any attempt to supplement their average intelligence with a few tidbits of useful information is blatantly offensive. In fact as offensive as Stolen. Thank god their bodies will shut down and they won't be able to post, as that is the human being's natural reaction to such traumatic situations.

Also I'm proud to have Obama as our president. He is highly dignified and mature, above sinking into the abyss of ideology, and capable of making decisions based on sound judgement. The standards for our politicians have come to such a low point these days that honestly just that is enough, when in fact it should be a basic requirement for any candidate. Above all this, Obama is highly intelligent to a point some people may not comprehend, and he is capable of maintaining foreign relationships far better than most republicans. I'm afraid sending a bunch of Terminators and nukes to every country that opposes us in the slightest is not a very feasible option.

Regardless, this post is bound to spark some interesting discussion... at least I hope. I wonder who will be able to peel away layers of cynicism from this onion of a monologue and answer me on a deeper level than simple agreement or hate.

Princess Skarmory said:
HypnoticLuxray said:

How about instead of telling mods to lock it, you leave instead? If you don't like the subject matter you don't have to read the thread. It's simple yo.

>Implying This thread is about abortion
>Implying This thread wasn't already locked and unlocked and relocked a couple times
>Implying There's no flaming going on here(you just proved this one yourself)

Hyper said:
Just because I don't like abortions does NOT mean I have the right to take my opinion, enclose it within my fist, and proceed to penetrate it 6 inches into the ass of everyone in the United States.

Thank you so much. I understand religion, in fact whenever someone blames Christianity as a whole, I defend it. I myself am not religious, but it pisses me off when people blame all christians for some of the extremists. HOWEVER, it isn't okay for you to shove the bible into the Government. Gay marriage shouldn't be illegal because it's in a book. Neither should abortion. There are problems with abortion for sure, but it's not okay to try to ban it outright.

HypnoticLuxray said:
Princess Skarmory said:

>Implying This thread wasn't already locked and unlocked and relocked a couple times

How am I flaming? All my arguments are fact-based. I'm not making jokes.

There is a reason it was unlocked too. Otherwise it would still be unlocked.

HypnoticLuxray said:

I was at school when this thread was locked I guess, so I had no idea. So I don't see how I was >le implying le meemez that the thread wasn't locked and unlocked a few times.
Also, I'm only talking about abortion because everyone else is.

Princess Skarmory said:
HypnoticLuxray said:

I was at school when this thread was locked I guess, so I had no idea. So I don't see how I was >le implying le meemez that the thread wasn't locked and unlocked a few times.
Also, I'm only talking about abortion because everyone else is.
We were talking about abortion because Glace brought it up to attack me being a Tea Party member.

I brought it up to question you statement about your belief in freedom, while you subsequently feel women should not be free to have abortions.

I honestly don't care if you consider yourself a Tea Party member. That is your decision, just like it should be a women's decision if they should get an abortion.

Glace said:
To be blunt:

When two people don't have sex they take away a possible right to life.

(And this is coming from a Christian too.)

I'm sorry, I took this horribly out-of-context thing from dns as a joke. Forgive me.

Anyway, I've already been yelled at for not stating my opinion about abortion in this thread. Why should I give my viewpoint when I know it will just be belittled and attacked my everyone, except dns, because I actually share his viewpoint, and I'm a democrat. Abortion is at any stage condemning a baby to death, someone who hasn't even seen the world. Although I am somewhat religious, by no means is this viewpoint a result of it. This is purely from my morality. Abortion is probably the only conservative view I agree with, so yeah.

So remind me again how Pokebeach members' views on abortion has anything to do with Obama getting re-elected?

HypnoticLuxray said:
So remind me again how Pokebeach members' views on abortion has anything to do with Obama getting re-elected?

because obama has a stance on abortion that is different from the man he was elected over?

HypnoticLuxray said:
Glace said:
To be blunt:

When two people don't have sex they take away a possible right to life.

(And this is coming from a Christian too.)

I'm sorry, I took this horribly out-of-context thing from dns as a joke. Forgive me.

Anyway, I've already been yelled at for not stating my opinion about abortion in this thread. Why should I give my viewpoint when I know it will just be belittled and attacked my everyone, except dns, because I actually share his viewpoint, and I'm a democrat. Abortion is at any stage condemning a baby to death, someone who hasn't even seen the world. Although I am somewhat religious, by no means is this viewpoint a result of it. This is purely from my morality. Abortion is probably the only conservative view I agree with, so yeah.

I was actually serious. Do you not understand my point? There are other things that take away a right to life that are not illegal?

Should contraception be banned because they stop a baby from being born? No.

Glace said:
HypnoticLuxray said:

I was actually serious. Do you not understand my point? There are other things that take away a right to life that are not illegal?

Should contraception be banned because they stop a baby from being born? No.
I think you're still not getting the point. It seems you're still fondling my examples, so I'll make it clear. Abortion is killing a baby, whether scientifically or not. Something that stops a baby from happening is not killing it.

HypnoticLuxray said:
Sigh, remind me never again to post in a political thread on a Pokemon fansite/

Don't whine about it. If you're going to post an opinion, people will probably disagree.

Abortion stops a baby from happening because the baby isn't formed or living yet. Abortion is not killing a baby at all, because the fetus is not a baby yet.

Since you can't seem to accept this, despite this being fact, not opinion, no use trying to persuade you anymore. I'm out.

Glace said:
Abortion stops a baby from happening because the baby isn't formed or living yet. Abortion is not killing a baby at all, because the fetus is not a baby yet.

Since you can't seem to accept this, despite this being fact, not opinion, no use trying to persuade you anymore. I'm out.
So a fetus isn't living? If it has cells, its living.

Well then. That fingernail I just clipped off is living. How exactly does that make sense in any way, shape, or form?

Ugh. I gotta say something....

So every time you step on a bug you are killing something.

if you say a bug isn't a human/baby, I'd agree. Neither is a fetus.

Back