November's XY4 Set: 'Phantom Forces;' Introduces New 'Spirit Link' Cards [7/31]

Might this be what finally makes Mega Evolution viable without the 1 turn pass...? So excited for this!

The first thing I thought when I heard Spirit Link, was Spirit Link Totem in World of Warcraft

Oh well, Super hyped for the new Dialga EX!

Why are you surprised? What would make Houndoom more viable than Manectric?

I wonder what the spirit link thing is? It's got to be more than just a simple trainer or two, but maybe it makes mega evolution easier, or allow a way to bypass the mega evolution rule.

I still think it sucks that there are only two megas in here. Only thirteen more sets to go (at this rate) before we get them all, assuming no others are revealed.

Reggie McGigas said:
I'm a little surprised they went with manetric instead of houndoom. Looking forward to the set!

Well with Yveltal EX out there maybe they though Dark would be overpowerd. I would've rather seen Mega Ampharos if they wanted a Lightning type. In all honesty I thought they would've made Mega Mawile to bring Fairy to life more.

I bet Spirit Link will be an item or tool you can use to avoid the one turn sacrifice when going Mega.

I was really hoping they'd introduce Mega Mewtwo EX in this set. I feel like those cards would sell like water on a hot day. I'm a little shocked we're getting Manectric, but with ORAS coming out I guess they needed to have one Gen III mascot?

Reggie McGigas said:
I'm a little surprised they went with manetric instead of houndoom. Looking forward to the set!

It's because I have M-Houndoom in my set ;P

But yeah I would have expected M-Houndoom as well, maybe as a fire type instead of dark, but I'm glad they included M-Manectric :D

I agree with others that it might be that your turn doesn't end when you mega evolve

We don't yet know what M. Houndoom would be when released. Granted, the odds are it would be a dark type and not a fire type. It also applies to M. Ampahros, this could be a dragon type rather than an electric type. For all we know they could do one of each, simply since they are still trying to expand the dragon type ranks.

I think our first fairy type mega will either be Gardevoir or they will wait for Diancie.

I hope, given this set is 'ghost focused', that we get psychic type versions of the Aegislash line.

And yes, let's have a big 'yay!' for Pokebeach being the first to reveal this. :) I have found no other place with this information.

I'm glad to see Manectric is getting the spot in the set.

Hopefully though, if they do make some card that doesn't make Mega Evolution so costly, it doesn't end up as an Ace Spec that lasts just one turn....

I'm a little surprised they went with Manectric tbh, and I'm intrigued as to what this Spirit Link thing will entail.
Although my initial vibes that I got from this set was that we'd get more Lost Zone stuffs.

I'm also somewhat curious as to what the other 2 EXs (that'll have been in the Japanese expansion) are going to be.

So far, besides xy base, there's been a mega thats odd:
Xy2: kanga
Xy3: heracross
Xy4: manetric
Manetric doesn't surprise me as lightning needs some non-bw format acceleration.

As more of a collector than a player (I mostly just know playable values in order to negotiate trades with actual players), I'll have to admit that I'm a little disappointed that its Manectric. There're plenty other EXs that I'd have loved to have seen instead of it *CoughHoundoomCough*, but I'll make do. Then again, the TCG seems to be lacking an adequate Electric EX counter to the plethora of Yveltals about.

Otherwise, happy enough with what the set will entail, besides already going back to the old Legendary EXs. Why do we need what'll be the third and fourth Dialga EXs (That's including FAs), in the space of a couple of sets?

Angelo said:
This is why Pokebeach will always be my go-to TCG website. No other site ever compares.

I was really hoping they'd introduce Mega Mewtwo EX in this set. I feel like those cards would sell like water on a hot day. I'm a little shocked we're getting Manectric, but with ORAS coming out I guess they needed to have one Gen III mascot?

They always put 2 mega evolutions in a set. Since Charizard got a set to itself, and we knew there was going to be Mega Gengar, you could assume that Mewtwo is out of the question. I can't wait for Gengar though. They should've had a Clefable EX in this set, just to mess with people. :D

Another thing we can assume is that the set with Mega Mewtwo, in Japan there'll probs be a deck that comes with the other Mewtwo (like they had with Charizard).

But not a single piece of news on the new SSB stage? I am disappoint.

(But this set looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing what the Spirit Link is about)

Flasfire
Furious Fists
Phantom Forces

What F-alliteration will they come out with next?

Final Frontiers? Nah, it makes too much sense. It has to be something wacky like, uh, um, funny farm.

What about the theme decks? With ORAS the video games coming out the same month, do you think TPCi will omit the Phantom Forces theme decks in favor of the "Hoenn stater set", or do you think they are going to release Phantom Forces with theme decks as it should be, and do something else with the TCG to tie in with the ORAS video games?

Back