November's XY4 Set: 'Phantom Forces;' Introduces New 'Spirit Link' Cards [7/31]

GhostMaster365 said:
Angelo said:
This is why Pokebeach will always be my go-to TCG website. No other site ever compares.

I was really hoping they'd introduce Mega Mewtwo EX in this set. I feel like those cards would sell like water on a hot day. I'm a little shocked we're getting Manectric, but with ORAS coming out I guess they needed to have one Gen III mascot?

They always put 2 mega evolutions in a set. Since Charizard got a set to itself, and we knew there was going to be Mega Gengar, you could assume that Mewtwo is out of the question. I can't wait for Gengar though. They should've had a Clefable EX in this set, just to mess with people. :D

Except Charizard didn't get the set to itself, and there are 3 Megas in Flashfire :p

This looks like a pretty cool set, but it would've been better had it included M Houndoom, and if it released the last week of October.

So far, each set seems to have focused on 2 types...

XY: Fairy and Dark
Flash Fire: Fire and Normal
Furious Fists: Fighting and Grass(Sort of)
Phantom Force: Ghost and Electric

taking this into consideration, I'm assuming XY5 will feature any combination of Water, Metal, and Dragon.

GadgetJax said:
So far, each set seems to have focused on 2 types...

XY: Fairy and Dark
Flash Fire: Fire and Normal
Furious Fists: Fighting and Grass(Sort of)
Phantom Force: Ghost and Electric

taking this into consideration, I'm assuming XY5 will feature any combination of Water, Metal, and Dragon.

Well going by that logic, the M-EXs for XY5 could very easily be some combination of Mega Gyarados, Mega Ampharos, Mega Garchomp, Mega Aggron and Mega Scizor.

I would think that a great combination would be Garchomp and Aggron, but they seem to have gone for one 'marquee name' Mega, with another lesser one, excluding Base Set.

daisukereds said:
Spirit Link, mmm..
A tool that would allow the Megas to use previous form attacks?

Well, if that was the case, it would be a bit... weird, given that Celebi-EX still exists and is in the Format. I'm guessing it's going to be a Mega Ring-esque Item(Ace-SPEC Style, maybe?) that evolves the Pokémon a-la Evosoda, but your turn still continues.

I like the name Phantom Forces a lot more then Phantom Gate or Furious Fists.

I will definitely be collecting this set with Gengar and Manectric Full Arts, I also love that there is finally 6 ex's again. I cannot wait to see the artowrk for Manectric, it was on my most wanted Full Arts list. I hope there isn't another Dialga Full Art though when there are so many other Pokemon to make into full arts.... I'd like to see another Gen 1 Pokemon.

Spirit Link sounds like a ACE Spec card, which allows a mega evolution without drawback. Would be something nice.
Because mega evolution as it is now, isn't viable as an option for competitive, yeah I know many ppl want Mega Lucario to work but the normal one is just way more powerful! ;)
Looks like they kinda realized how bad this mechanic is and that it kinda needs something to see competitv play.

The next set, following this one, I guess we will have a focus on water & metal Pokémon followed by dragon & fairy and then darkness and normal?

I hope there will be a competitv lightning deck again, after we had none in this season.

Didn't we already had a Dialgia EX? Maybe in the deck which is mentioned the card is a reprint? Or has it been confirmed to be a new card?
Would be really weird a one-off legendary Pokémon as EX in a set.
Primarly, because they tend to make the legendary EX a bit stronger than the none legendary. (Which is the explanation for the lower powerlevel of the new EX)

shutout to pokebeach for the leak! and oh no, my yevetal ex is already cringing from the thunder....

Elbow said:
So far, besides xy base, there's been a mega thats odd:
Xy2: kanga
Xy3: heracross
Xy4: manetric
Manetric doesn't surprise me as lightning needs some non-bw format acceleration.

I feel like Heracross was an okay choice for Furious Fists as it is part fighting. Then again it was a grass card so...

Anyway... the English set will only have 6 Pokemon EX? Doesn't that mean... this set will only have 4 Pokemon EX in Phantom Gate? Seriously? Just Gengar EX, Manectric EX and their Megas? I mean the other two are going to be in theme decks so I don't know why they would include it in the set. That can't be right. Well guess I'll just have to wait and see...

A full art Aegislash would be cool. But man another set where only 1 or 2 ultra rare cards I think are worth getting. Makes buying boxes no fun.

Well, I'm ridiculously excited to see what the Aegislash EX does. That's one of my favorite Pokemon, and it would be nice to see more good Steel types.

Hopefully there will be good Electric type support here, because it's been a while since there's been a good Electric deck, and seeing Yveltal EX lose some playability is fine with me. Also, if I can make my Eels deck for Extended more powerful, that's great too.

And here's to hoping that the Mega Gengar card won't be insanely broken like the video game equivalent.

Im really waiting for a mega tyranitar card. Hell, they might aswell make a set starring him!

Spirit Link sounds like something that lets you turn the Megas into a Lv.X or something. Doesn't matter that CelebiEX is still in format because putting down a 110 EX is never fun.

MrSquarepants said:
Elbow said:
So far, besides xy base, there's been a mega thats odd:
Xy2: kanga
Xy3: heracross
Xy4: manetric
Manetric doesn't surprise me as lightning needs some non-bw format acceleration.

I feel like Heracross was an okay choice for Furious Fists as it is part fighting. Then again it was a grass card so...

Anyway... the English set will only have 6 Pokemon EX? Doesn't that mean... this set will only have 4 Pokemon EX in Phantom Gate? Seriously? Just Gengar EX, Manectric EX and their Megas? I mean the other two are going to be in theme decks so I don't know why they would include it in the set. That can't be right. Well guess I'll just have to wait and see...

A full art Aegislash would be cool. But man another set where only 1 or 2 ultra rare cards I think are worth getting. Makes buying boxes no fun.

They're not including the Megas in that total for EX cads as they are in a category of their own. Alongside Aegislash, and presumably Dialga, we will be receiving two other EX cards.

Edit: I'm actually really excited for Mega Manectric and pretty shocked as well. Really looking forward for the card art for the megas in this set.

Is it really sure, that Dialgia Ex will NOT be a reprint of the Team Plasma EX?!

Could think this might be the case, or it's a japanese mini-set and we get it with the deck-kit so it forms the size or a normal western release? ;)

Hunga said:
Is it really sure, that Dialgia Ex will NOT be a reprint of the Team Plasma EX?!

I would assume it is a new metal type Dialga-EX, since it is in a metal type deck and the Plasma Dialga is a dragon type :)

steffenka said:
Hunga said:

I would assume it is a new metal type Dialga-EX, since it is in a metal type deck and the Plasma Dialga is a dragon type :)

Sorry, but I can't agree with you on that one. It may be a Metal Theme Deck, but I still think it's going to be Dragon Type.

OMG... Some of you people just... seriously...

First, it's no surprise to see Manectric as much as any other Mega... They're not making a pattern for the second Mega on the set. They have the one they focus on (usually a popular one) and then, a second random one. period.

The description says Spirit Link cards, so it's probably various cards, not just one, that help Megas in different ways...

There will be 6 EX in the western set, 4 from the japanese set plus Aegislash and Dialga from the japanese deck. The Megas don't count for this matter, as they are considered special EXs. You can read in the description, 6 Pokémon-EX and 2 Mega Evolutions.

There will be no full art Aegislash or Dialga, as they come from the decks. Other than Reshiram-EX and Zekrom-EX in Next Destinies who got their Full-Arts later released in Japan as promos, no EX from a deck gets a Full Art...

The Hyper Metal Chain Deck, as the name says, focus on Metal-type. While it doesn't automatically means Dialga-EX will be Metal-type, it's kinda obvious it will be, not just because the deck focuses on Metal-type but because this is not the BW era, the Plasma Pokémon don't belong to the XY era, and the previous Dialga-EX was a Plasma and Dragon-type... PCL doesn't usually like to repeat stuff like that...

As for ORAS, I'm certain the next japanese set will tie with the remakes...

Back