NFL Discussion Topic - Favorite Teams and How They are Doing

I'm saving up to finally buy myself that Nike Elite Brady jersey :)

OT: All the Pats really need to do in order to get far this season (and of course making it to a 4th straight AFC Championship game isn't enough) is stay healthy. Their defense was playing at an elite level before players staryed to drop like flies, and the addition of Easley, Revis and Browner should improve the defense even more. Obviously, it's Super Bowl or bust for the Patriots. Can't wait for the season to start already. 6 months of waiting is too much lol.

MountainDrew said:
Alright so since Football is going to start fairly soon, lets pick which teams will win the divisions & the super bowl!
AFC
East- Patriots
North- Ravens
South- Colts
West- Broncos
Wild Card- Chargers & Bengals

NFC
East- Giants
North- Packers
South- Saints!
West- 49ers
Wild Card- Seahawks & Bears

Super Bowl- 49ers vs. Broncos
Super Bowl Winner- 49ers

Sorry Peyton

Bengals or Steelers win the North
Wild Card- Chiefs and Chargers

East- Cowboys (lol)
Wild Card- Seahawks and Panthers

Super Bowl- Patriots vs 49ers

Pats take it, 34-30

My predictions for next year:

AFC
1. Broncos
2. Patriots
3. Colts
4. Bengals
5. Texans
6. Chiefs

NFC
1. Packers
2. 49ers
3. Saints
4. Redskins
5. Seahawks
6. Cardinals

Super Bowl- Saints vs. Broncos
Super Bowl Winner: Saints

OROY: Johnny Manziel
DROY: Anthony Barr or Khalil Mack

2015 1st overall pick holder: Tennessee Titans
Biggest bust team: Carolina Panthers
Biggest surprise team: Houston Texans and Washington Redskins
Biggest surprise team that didn't make the playoffs two years ago: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

You heard it here first

The Hall of Fame game has just ended.

New York Giants 17 - Buffalo Bills 13

I watched most Giant games last season and would like to get a little more into the game. I heard pre-season starts soon or has already started. My question was what exactly is pre-season besides the obvious. More importantly, what does this mean for my team.

Looking forward to the Giants heading taking home the gold.

At the word of the NY Giants training staff and doctors; RB David Wilson has been forced to retire due his neck issues/problems.

He's only 23 years of age.

Yea, it's sad about David Wilson :/

In response to someone else's question, Preseason does not mean anything in terms of record. It is mainly to finish up the depth chart for every team and see which players get cut. It's a chance for players on the bubble to prove themselves.

And the Redskins are looking good in the preseason. All those bs reports on the Patriots website were exposed.

http://www.thehdroom.com/sports/cleveland-browns-starting-quarterback-2014-brian-hoyer-79887/ said:
Cleveland Browns Starting Quarterback in 2014 is Brian Hoyer

For the Cleveland Browns franchise, a sliver of experience tops youthful recklessness in the race for the starting quarterback job. The team announced Wednesday morning that Brian Hoyer is the Cleveland Browns starting quarterback in 2014, meaning Johnny Manziel will be watching the season opener from the bench.

Neither competing quarterback made much of a case for themselves during the Browns 24-23 loss to the Washington Redskins on Monday Night Football. Hoyer completed only two of six passes for 16 yards in limited action. Manziel got more reps, completing seven of 16 throws for 65 yards and a touchdown, but he lacked arm strength when throwing down the field and threw behind multiple targets.

Manziel’s performance was utterly forgettable, but his ill-advised middle-finger gesture at the Redskins bench was not.z

Hoyer, Tom Brady’s former backup, will enter the 2014 NFL regular season having only started four games in his professional career. Three of those starts were with the Browns last season and he won the first two. In the third he tore his ACL only five minutes into the game and missed the remainder of the season.

Those two complete starts were full of promise as Hoyer tossed five touchdown passes versus three interceptions, with all three picks coming in the first game where he led a come-from-behind win against the Minnesota Vikings.

Hoyer has shown the ability to put points on the board. Now that he’s the announced starter, expect Hoyer to get more first-team reps and a chance to improve his game before the Browns’ Week 1 game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

“We’ve maintained all along that if it was close, I would prefer to go with the more experienced player,” Browns coach Mike Pettine offered in a statement. “Brian has done a great job in the meeting rooms and with his teammates on the practice field and in the locker room.”

Now maybe, finally, the Johnny Football media obsession can dial it back a few notches.

Now maybe, finally, the Johnny Football media obsession can dial it back a few notches.

Won't stop the Browns fans calling for Johnny Football to start the minute Hoyer makes a mistake.

Tails said:

Won't stop the Browns fans calling for Johnny Football to start the minute Hoyer makes a mistake.

True. Look how many Denver fans still want Tebow.

Smeargle said:
Yea, it's sad about David Wilson :/

In response to someone else's question, Preseason does not mean anything in terms of record. It is mainly to finish up the depth chart for every team and see which players get cut. It's a chance for players on the bubble to prove themselves.

And the Redskins are looking good in the preseason. All those bs reports on the Patriots website were exposed.

Ha, the Redskins can't hang with Pats in a game that counts. Preseason doesn't mean anything, just ask the 08 Lions. 4-0 preseason, 0-16 regular season.

omahanime said:
Tails said:

True. Look how many Denver fans still want Tebow.
I wouldn't mind if Tebow went back to Florida (not possible per NCAA's rules, but still). Maybe that way, my Gators would start winning again lol...

Dallas LB Devonte Holloman has been informed by the Cowboys training staff that he should retire from football. Holloman, 23, suffered a neck injury last year and suffered a minor neck injury in the Cowboys preseason loss to Baltimore.

Dallas has now lost 3 players on defense; Sean Lee (out for season), Demarcus Lawrence and now Holloman; this defense just cannot catch a break...:(

0-4 in the preseason for Dallas. This season just has 'Doom' written all over it. I just can't shake the feeling that this team is really going to lay an egg and have a really horrible record; anything below 5 wins...

This defense is not better then last year, it may be even worse.

Well, Jerry dug this trench he's in. A poor handling of the salary cap (giving big contracts to guys who didn't deserve it, as such really made money tight), injuries and suspensions made the defense a toxic brew on the verge of boiling over and destroying everything in its path.

Last years' defense was god-awful. This years defense may very well be statistically, the worst defense in NFL history. (Even worse then the 2011 Saints.)

How the college season falls depends on what Dallas does, they'll probably without a doubt go defense with their 1st round pick and it could very well be a Top 5 pick if Murphy's Law is enacted in Jerry's World (Anything that can go wrong will go wrong).

Familiar said:
Thursday is the regular season opener.

Green Bay at Seattle

Football is back at our doorsteps and it's a good feeling. Every Sunday from this upcoming Sunday until Super Bowl Sunday will have football occurring on it.

Back