NFL Discussion Topic - Favorite Teams and How They are Doing

Kansas City is a dark horse team in 2013, but they'll have stiff competition for the AFC Wild Card spots from Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, and even possibly San Diego/Oakland.

I think the Chiefs should probaply trade the #1 pick, so then they can get more picks, because honestly there isnt that great of players in the draft this year compared to last year.

I don't know much about college football, but there probably is at least 1-2 good receivers in the draft.

@Tails: Oakland is a terrible team now and won't be in the playoffs for a LONG, LONG time. Chargers are also not a real threat.

Smeargle said:
@Tails: Oakland is a terrible team now and won't be in the playoffs for a LONG, LONG time. Chargers are also not a real threat.

I said it was a possibility. However, the other teams I stated are huge threats for a wild card.

If Kansas City can split with Denver (which is a good shot because Arrowhead is notoriously raucous), and sweep either San Diego/Oakland, or both, that would set up KC really well in the AFC Playoff Race.

Smeargle said:
I don't know much about college football, but there probably is at least 1-2 good receivers in the draft.

The best receivers in the draft are projected to be selected about 20th, so I think they could trade down a little bit, and plus the Chiefs have Dwayne Bowe, so there not totally dead at the receiver position.

I don't choose man. If anything, I believe it's more like the Redskins getting rid of Fred Davis, because of money management and cap, and not the performance they were looking for. Dwayne would not accept a cheaper contract however, knowing he could probably get onto another team easily.

I'm a Chiefs fan, I've been a Chiefs fan. This has been bad news to hear about Alex Smith becoming our new quarterback. Alex Smith can NOT lead the Chiefs Franchise into a Championship contending team, heck we'll see if we're a playoff contending team. The Chiefs will see improvement because of our other Offensive and Defensive Weapons, and because our Coaching staff and management has been fixed. Alex Smith was not who me or half of the Chiefs fan base was looking for. We've been through with retreads, see Matt Cassel ( 1 good season with New England ), Brady Quinn ( what did he do to deserve to be on an NFL roster ). The Chiefs should draft Geno Smith, seeing there is about 2 other offensive lineman the same caliber as Luke Joeckl ( or however you spell that ). If you take Geno Smith what is there to loose, if he busts ha, that just means we get another shot in the next 2 or 3 years. Now, we've committed to Alex Smith. I know I'm being Negative, but Alex Smith has been benched for the 3rd time in his career last year.

Alex Smith was replaced by:
- Shaun Hill ( Current Lions Back-up )
- Troy Smith ( I have no idea where he is at )
- Colin Kaepernick ( San Fransisco current starter )

I must say if Alex Smith surprises me, I'll be delighted. The Chiefs must keep Dwayne Bowe or else they become so weak at the Wide out postion. Jon Baldwin isn't good, he may be mediocre at best, I've been watching him closely and I don't believe he will have a very long future in Kansas City, Stever Breaston who was an average wide out didn't get a lot of love because he had no one to throw to him. Dexter McCliuster is too small and frail to make a big threat out of himself, even though he can pull off and occasional 20 yard gain or so. The Chiefs won't be able to trade the #1 pick because no team wants that pick. There are a lot of Lineman and QB options in this draft that don't involve the #1 pick. I digress.

Thanks for Reading.

- R-C

Dwayne Bowe isn't going anywhere for 5 years, also Wes Welker may not stay with the Patriots, and if he doesn't, the Chiefs could get him...

Anthony Spencer got franchised tagged by Dallas for a second-straight year. Really curious to see if he can duplicate his play from this previous season.

Wow, Percy Harvin was traded to the Seahawks for their 1st and 7th round draft picks this year and a pick next year, and what REALLY surprised me was that Anquan Boldin was traded to the 49ers for JUST A SIXTH ROUND DRAFT PICK THIS YEAR. They had to because salary cap reasons in order to be able to have enough money to renew contracts with Joe Flacco, Ed Reed, Dannell Elerbie, and Paul Kruger. Redskins also had to cut DeAngelo Hall for salary cap reasons. Logan Paulsen, a key player toward the end of the season after Fred Davis was injured was re-signed with the Redskins.

Tails said:
Anthony Spencer got franchised tagged by Dallas for a second-straight year. Really curious to see if he can duplicate his play from this previous season.

This is after Dallas restructured DeMarcus Ware, Miles Austin and Brandon Carr's contracts.

Regi Bush was traded to the Lions.

Wes Welker to the Broncos...

Also, despite Tony Gonzalez saying he'll probably retire at the end of last season, he didn't and is back.

Smeargle said:

Also, despite Tony Gonzalez saying he'll probably retire at the end of last season, he didn't and is back.

Tony wants a championship. And Wes to the Broncos was a good trade, they needed a strong receiver, (Danny Amendola is my favorite slot receiver).

Suitcune said:
Smeargle said:

Tony wants a championship. And Wes to the Broncos was a good trade, they needed a strong receiver, (Danny Amendola is my favorite strong receiver).

...So you're saying Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker aren't strong receivers?!

Also Danny Amendola only has 7 TD's in 4 years....

I cant believe the ravens. Freaken joe flacco is greedy and now their gonna have a crappy team.

MountainDrew said:
I cant believe the ravens. Freaken joe flacco and is greedy and now their gonna have a crappy team.
They were already going to be bad without Anquan Boldin and Ray Lewis. Also I just relized that in almost every respective London Fletcher is better than Ray Lewis (note: same amount of years were recorded):

London Fletcher:
Ray Lewis:​
Total Tackles​
1,766​

Sacks​
35.0​

Forced Fumbles​
18​

INT​
29​

Safeties​
1​

That was very good considering Ray Lewis did go to the playoffs a lot more in that time because the Redskins were pretty crappy for a long period of time...

Dallas's 4-3 Defense should give them a good linebacking core.

Sean Lee will play MLB, Bruce Carter will probably be shifted to an end linebacker position, with D-Ware and Spencer placing their hand on the ground and being pseudo-defensive ends.

The Ravens will not be NEARLY as good next year because their defense is going to have to be pretty much completely reconstructed, and they lost their best receiver. First, Ray Lewis retired. Second, they got rid of Bernard Pollard. Third, Dannelle Ellerbee (I apoligize if I spelled it wrong), Anquan Boldin, and Paul Kruger got signed to other teams in free agency. And forth, Ed Reed may not be coming back.

Back