New OR/AS Info, Trailer, Screenshots, and HD Character Artwork [7/14]

I'm pretty sure the Pikachu (regular Pikachu does not have a black heart shape on the end of its tail) is going to be a special Pikachu, similar to Spiky-eared Pichu back in the previous remakes, HGSS.

We will probably obtain a single one at some relevant point in the game (or as a wifi event at release), will not be able to evolve it, but unlike the Spikey-eared Pichu, this Pikachu will actually have some use with this cosplay gimmick or contests or whatever this ends up being.

E4's chairs: because waiting for trainers to arrive can be boring!
Thank Arceus for the screenshot of Sydney because his face in the artwork is just awful, to say the least. On the other hand, why does Watson have his legs so apart? Is the old man suffering from some problem that requires diapers!? XD Too bad that his gym seems to not have that visual change as Roxanne's. Oh, and Norman's leader room looks sweet!!
I like Flannery's new japanese look and her gym's too.
Norman's skin tone seems to be different in the screenshots and the artwork so perhaps it's the confirmation that we'll be able to change skin tone and looks!?

Beldum - 1 eye; Metang: 2 eyes; Metagross: 2 eyes; Mega-Metagross: yup, it confirmed that one of the Metang killed the other when evolving! :p

Prof. Elm and Prof. Birch would make a funny duo!

Mitja said:
I'm pretty sure the Pikachu (regular Pikachu does not have a black heart shape on the end of its tail) is going to be a special Pikachu, similar to Spiky-eared Pichu back in the previous remakes, HGSS.

We will probably obtain a single one at some relevant point in the game (or as a wifi event at release), will not be able to evolve it, but unlike the Spikey-eared Pichu, this Pikachu will actually have some use with this cosplay gimmick or contests or whatever this ends up being.

I would like if the black heart was just a gender difference update, because I always felt that only the heart's curves weren't enough!

Mitja said:

What? it's just a female pikachu. All female pikachus have a hear tail

Regardless the cosplays likely reference the cool, beauty, cute, touch, and smart contests. I especially like the cool one

EDIT: My bad didn't notice it was a black heart tail that is weird

I'm liking the updates so far! Cosplay Pikachu is so adorable. Especially Pikachu Pop Star.
Ok, Sidney's facial expression in his artwork is just plain hilarious. Its like he's trying too hard to look like a Scrafty or something. Oh, and Aarune needs to lay off the Red Bull.

9675c8987d.jpg

I'm a little late on this, but I'm glad that this guy is becoming an actual character.

But uh, yeah, cool. Gyms look cool, art looks cool. The title of the trailer is "Mega Metagross joins the fight in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire!". Cashing in on today's Smash Bros. hype much? :p As other people have said, a lot of the wording in the trailer is similar to Smash stuff, too, haha.

LoveDanielColin said:
is it SO much to ask for colored cases Really??

Id rather have translucent colored carts as a throw back to the originals- the last time we(the US) got a different colored cart after R/S/E/FR/LG was BW2 and those were just plain black.

Is it me or Norman looks really young?

I'm surprised about Mega Metagross, can't wait to see its stats.

Windwhip said:

He does looks young...for a father. *shrugs*

Anyway, love those artworks. I just have one teeny, tiniest wish--please do not include Wallace's cape. It's so ugly. I love his original design from Ruby/Sapphire, very fashionable and that show his personality for sure. The cape just hide his clothes and his personality. Ugh, I wish I could burn it to cinders...

(Of course, assuming he is the eighth gym leader.)

Makaio said:
Windwhip said:

He does looks young...for a father. *shrugs*

Anyway, love those artworks. I just have one, teeny, tiniest wish--please do not include Wallace's cape. It's so ugly and ruined his personality. I love his original design from Ruby/Sapphire, very fashionable and that show his personality for sure. The cape just hide his clothes and it doesn't show his personality. Ugh, I wish I could burn it to cinders...

(Of course, assuming he is the eighth gym leader.)

I can't really see any reason he won't be the eighth leader.

Considering ORAS are looking like cut/paste in terms of storyline, then it would make sense that Wallace is in Sootopolis.

Back