New 'Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions, Details Revealed in 'CoroCoro' [6/7]

Totally called Steven being involved with the Mega Stones and Sceptile's typing! (I'm sure others did aswell). It wonder if we'll still be able to change the clothing on our characters, if not that'll be a shame :/ I like all the mega evo's, Swampert's is obviously the oddest, but to me he looks kinda like a puffed up mashmellow that you put in a microwave.

I feel like the new Groudon and Kyogre forms need upgraded abilities. They were the first Pokémon to introduce Drought and Drizzle, respectively, and due to their Legendary Pokémon status they deserve theirs to be more powerful. I hope they will have their abilities upgraded so the weather effect last infinitely, once again, until changed. What does everyone else think? Will their abilities get upgraded, changed completely, or remain the same?

CMP said:
Mega Sceptile is exactly what I look for in a Mega; more detailed/complex features without being over-designed, complete with a new typing and unexpected ability. It's already one of my favorite Megas. There are some type liabilities, but I'm still a fan, and I'm sure it'll lessen Wash Rotom's use in the meta. Wouldn't mind it somehow getting Draco Meteor, though...I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure it's strongest Dragon STAB right now is Dragon Pulse.

As far as I'm aware a Mega Pokemon can't get Draco Meteor without the original Pokemon being part dragon type (Proof: Mega Ampharos). What I'm assuming they'll do is give away an event Sceptile with Draco Meteor.

Drohn said:
I feel like the new Groudon and Kyogre forms need upgraded abilities. They were the first Pokémon to introduce Drought and Drizzle, respectively, and due to their Legendary Pokémon status they deserve theirs to be more powerful. I hope they will have their abilities upgraded so the weather effect last infinitely, once again, until changed. What does everyone else think? Will their abilities get upgraded, changed completely, or remain the same?

Because this Devolution form thing has something to do with nature, I'd think that the closer to the strongest form (or weakest, it's devolution, the whole thing is sorta weird), the abilities Drizzle and Drought might last longer, and maybe even as you said become infinite! I'm sure GameFreak can tell that people really want the return of longer weather effects (hopefully). On the other hand they might just get new abilities for each form, which could also be pretty cool.. I'm more excited about the new moves they'll be getting ^.^

The new Mega Sceptile is cool! But I can't say the same for Mega Swampert... (he reminds me of Quilladin).
Diancie is ok (Sailor Diancie will punish you in the name of the moon! XDDD)

Turtwig said:
though May's bow is not doing her justice. Oh well.
I totally agree with you! Where the hell is her bandana??? That was her symbol!! ;___;

Anyway, now I'm really curious to know how they will appear in the manga

What if K+G's new move creates infinite weather plus does damage? Kind of like rain dance.

Yeeees!! It's all so beautiful. I'm sorry but, told you so!
Oh their coding isn't in the game, we won't get more mega evolutions.
HAH!
Game Freak can't just patch them in it will cause problems.
HAH!
C'mon people, it's troll freak we're talking about! :D

Mega Diancie is really random though. What the heck. Wonder if we'll get more gen 6 megas some time soon even though GF said there wouldn't be any. They sure do love throwing curve balls. Luckily for me, of the 3 hidden legends Diancie was my favorite and this new mega evolution to it is awesome! :) Can't wait to try her and Mega Sceptile out.

Drohn said:
I think it could be some sort of "upgraded" rain. Like, all Pokemon but Water types take damage as well as the normal rain stuff. "Acid Rain" or something. Same with Sun.

Holy crap. Wait. The white part of Brandon's head.
It IS a hat. . .
EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE!!!! I really need go and rethink my life now...

Sesquipedalian said:
Why would they give Steven Mega Charizard X? This is a massive missed opportunity for a Mega Metagross.

That's kinda what I was thinking.

But I honestly don't think Gen III needs very much more love in terms of megas. Other gens are lacking, notably II, III, V...

I'm hoping really for 3-4 megas from Gens I,III and 6-10 megas from the other gens. Needs more balance.

Chrono said:
Drohn said:
I think it could be some sort of "upgraded" rain. Like, all Pokemon but Water types take damage as well as the normal rain stuff. "Acid Rain" or something. Same with Sun.

I love the idea of Acid Rain becoming the upgraded version of Drizzle. The only ones who wouldn't take damage might be poison types, and it would increase the power of poison moves in addition to water and electric.

Another upgraded Drizzle idea could be Monsoon; combining the effects of rain dance, hail, and adding wind. High winds could knock flying and levitating Pokemon out of the air, the rain increases the power/accuracy of water and electric moves, and the hail causes damage during the turn.

As for an updated Drought.... Maybe an ability called Terraform? The air and ground become hot, damaging any non-flying or levitating Pokemon that aren't fire, rock, or ground types each turn. Fire, ground, and grass moves will have their strength increased like with Drought, but it also carries a risk of non fire, ground, or rock types getting burned (sunburned) after a certain amount of time.

My Swampert.... What did they do to you?

I get that it was meant to be more bulky, but it looks more like a fighting type now. They could of done something similar to the fan art on the internet. Far too different from the original and could of been way better.

Still using it though.

Im not too fond of the character redesign as well, but the gameplay screenshots in the background make it seem just as I expected. The angle on the article image of been bad.

Mega Swampert I think should of looked like this:
http://i.imgur.com/jDUGqtF.jpgl

And the trainers something like this :
http://i.imgur.com/C1F4pvw.jpg

(Sorry if the images are too big, will fix)

After looking at the mega evolution for a bit, its grown on me. Its not what I wanted, but I kind of like it.

I've also thought before about the ideia of Kyogre and Groudon having two new abilities that work just like Drizzle and Drought the way they worked before (infinite weather)... I don't get this Ancient Devolution thing though, what are they technically supposed to be? forms, megas, new mechanic?

Mega Sceptile and Swampert were obvious and Sceptile getting the Dragon-type was expected. Mega Swampert looks funny (how can it stand on two legs with that bulky upper body?) but Mega Sceptile, while it looks cool, I think it doesn't change much from regular Sceptile... I need a better image of its front to see other details...

Mega Diancie was unexpected but if you think about it, it makes sense... I wondered a few months ago that Diancie could have something to do with Mega Evolution as it will appear in the new movie, where we already know a few Megas are supposed to appear, and Mega Evolution is achieved using Mega Stones. Diancie is part Rock-type... Maybe it's unrelated but anyway, it's around this time of the year that they reveal the last secret (meaning a new forme or something similar) about the movies and just like Keldeo Resolute in M15, this is their way of giving more hype to the star of the movie, as I'm pretty sure they will show Mega Diancie in the movie - specially when the movie summary says Diancie still isn't strong enough to create that big diamond the carbink need, Mega Evolution will probably give it that power.
I'm even starting to think, maybe Hoopa will be treated like Meloetta last gen, and get only a short film and the next movie will either feature the Mega Lati@s or they will skip right to Volcanion to be featured in the next movie along with Zygarde, should Pokémon Z (or wtv its name will be) be released next year.

Damn Mega Swampert, bulky plus mega boost, and swift swim on top of that
original.jpg

Hmm... Now I wonder who to choose for the starter Pokemon. But I didn't expect to see this news when I woke up in the morning! Maybe they'll introduce more Mega Evolutions, maybe from Generation 5 and 6.

Why does Team Magma look like a bunch of anime nerds in high school, while Team Aqua looks like they've been hitting the gym. Tabitha has been hitting the cake

Momaster12 said:
So what do you guys think the base stats of these new Mega Starters will be?

Judging by Mega Sceptile's ability I'm expecting him to get a big boost to Special attack and hopefully a bit more defense because of his dragon type. I'm expecting swampert to get a big raise to defense and special defense due to his bulky design.

Back