ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

If XY are any indication, we still got about 10 more to go.

And I hope that's the case, as gen3 is way ahead, even though there is plenty of viable gen1-mons in Hoenn.

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

Mitja said:
gen1-mons in Hoenn.
You seriously want even more gen 1 mons? :/
Hoping for more gen 5 megas... assuming we get more gen 6 megas in Z/XY2/XZYZ.

Do you guys know if the event Mega Pokemon will be made available in the games if we can't get the events when they are live? I can never make it to live events.:)

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

xxashxx said:
Do you guys know if the event Mega Pokemon will be made available in the games if we can't get the events when they are live? I can never make it to live events.:)

Are you talking about Pinsir/Heracross or something else? If the former, then Pinsir/Heracross are already in X/Y.

If something else, please specify.

xxashxx said:

dont know which one you mean, but theres going to be at least 2 mega stones unavailable in regular gameplay. The metagrossite that comes with the shiny beldum the same way torchic+blazikenite were a wifi download at release of xy, and there is going to be a yet unrevealed mega stone in the upcoming eshop demo of the game, which will be transferable to the actual games when they're out.

There is no saying any mega stone wont just get rereleased in regular gameplay in future generations etc, but for now it would be redundant to release a stone as an event if it was regularly available anyway lol

Mitja said:
xxashxx said:

dont know which one you mean, but theres going to be at least 2 mega stones unavailable in regular gameplay. The metagrossite that comes with the shiny beldum the same way torchic+blazikenite were a wifi download at release of xy, and there is going to be a yet unrevealed mega stone in the upcoming eshop demo of the game, which will be transferable to the actual games when they're out.

considering Stevens been advertised with Mega Metagross and its been all but confirmed that he's gonna use it in battle, I can't see it being event exclusive.

On Shiny Beldum's page on the ORAS site, it doesn't say that the event is the only way to get the Metagrossite (whereas it did with Torchic)
My best guess is that ingame its received postgame along with the Beldum Steven gives us, and they just have it as a wifi event so people have the option to use it if they want to through their first playthrough.

I'm pretty sure CoroCoro next month will contain version exclusive pokemon . Which is Shiftry/Ludicolo , Lunatone/Solrock . Zangoose/Seviper used to be version exclusive for Ruby/Sapphire but this time i think Zangoose/Seviper won't be version exclusive anymore . Because the ''Horde Battle'' that seviper and zangoose always kill each other everytime LOL

I'm looking forward to Mega Cradily and Armaldo . They are the signature fossil pokemon for Hoenn region .

Although in my opinion sticking the mega stone on the shiny beldum is unnecessary, that's probably the case yeah, as duplicate mega stones aren't a big deal.. decisions like that seem so random to me <.<

I remember back in gen 3, when they had for example pokemon distributed across the games so precisely even with spin-offs in mind, where with colosseum you'd get access to everything you couldn't with RS+FRLG, and then emerald and "XD" complimenting each other too, it felt like professional perfectionists planning their games thoroughly...lately their decisions seem more like random fanservice kind of stuff with no clear priorities.

yammark said:
I'm pretty sure CoroCoro next month will contain version exclusive pokemon . Which is Shiftry/Ludicolo , Lunatone/Solrock . Zangoose/Seviper used to be version exclusive for Ruby/Sapphire but this time i think Zangoose/Seviper won't be version exclusive anymore . Because the ''Horde Battle'' that seviper and zangoose always kill each other everytime LOL

from the official ORAS site:

"Zangoose will appear in the wild only in Pokémon Omega Ruby. Memories of battling its archrival Seviper are etched into every cell of Zangoose’s body."

"You'll find Seviper in the wild only in Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. Seviper shares a generations-long feud with Zangoose."

So unless they're pulling something then it looks like Sev/Zan are still version exclusives.

The Pokemon in General is the Altaria and the Beldum events? I doubt I can get these on the day of the release by download like I did with my X version last year.:)

His Goominess said:
from the official ORAS site:

"Zangoose will appear in the wild only in Pokémon Omega Ruby. Memories of battling its archrival Seviper are etched into every cell of Zangoose’s body."

"You'll find Seviper in the wild only in Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. Seviper shares a generations-long feud with Zangoose."

So unless they're pulling something then it looks like Sev/Zan are still version exclusives.

Oh Look like gamefreak follow the old Ruby/Sapphire . I will miss horde seviper/zangoose fighting each other . :rolleyes:

I'd be satisfied with mega seviper the only reason why game freak would outright point out their generations-long feud would either let newer fan know or teasers for Zangoosite and Seviperite.

I have this really strange hope that Kabutops will get a mega evolution, even though its severely out there and very much unlikely. However, I think that there wouldn't be a huge issue with it come the next games, because I hold out hope that there will be a Pokemon game created in 7th gen that has a lot to do with fossils. For now though, I can dream of the Mega Kabutops.

I'm hoping Breloom gets a mega. I think Breloom is kinda underrated, maybe if he gets a mega, people might notice him more. Since they have confirmed Gen 5 Pokemon will be getting megas, I am really hoping for a Mega Zoroark and Stoutland.
I have a really funny feeling that Dusknoir, Ludicolo and Shiftry will be getting Megas in ORAS. I also think Ninetales will get a Mega, and perhaps Arcanine as well.

I don't even know what to think for megas anymore. After Slowbro, anything is fair game at this point! If I had to place any bets, I'd have to say dewgong. I don't know why, I just have a strong feeling. I'd like a lapras mega, but I don't really feel it will happen this generation. I mostly want the lapras mega just to see the design changes.... I love lapras and I'm sure I'll love her mega when she gets one. Hopefully she'll keep her amazing water absorb ability. I also don't know anyone who doesn't want mega johto starters this gen.

Aerodactyl said:
I don't even know what to think for megas anymore. After Slowbro, anything is fair game at this point! If I had to place any bets, I'd have to say dewgong. I don't know why, I just have a strong feeling. I'd like a lapras mega, but I don't really feel it will happen this generation. I mostly want the lapras mega just to see the design changes.... I love lapras and I'm sure I'll love her mega when she gets one. Hopefully she'll keep her amazing water absorb ability. I also don't know anyone who doesn't want mega johto starters this gen.

Well I won't be surprised about Dewgong. There is only one Ice type Mega Pokemon so far and it is the only type that has only one Mega.
(Is it just me or game freak hate this type?)
But then again, It doesn't seems like they paying attention to balancing types when making new Mega evolutions : Psychic is the most used type in all Mega evolutions so far even without counting 2 Mega for Mewtwo, and then came Mega Slowbro which is hopefully the last psychic Mega for this gen.

I want to see more of the most neglected types in Mega evolution: Ice Poison and Electric.(Even Normal type got more Megas then these :/

Ice, poison, electric and ground for sure need more! I want to make a mono ice and mono poison team, but when picking megas my options are so limited :( all the poison Pokemon are secondary types anyway, and there is only abomasnow for ice and I don't like him. I was impressed with the influx of normal type megas this generation :) I was worried we wouldn't get any at all. Its what gives me hope that they'll remember some of the other neglected types.

I'm pretty sure we will get mega seviper and mega zangoose though as game exclusive Pokemon. They might even give us the opposite mega stone so we have to trade. I hope mega seviper gets a cool ability that makes him immune to normal type attacks, it would suit his background.

I want more Megas so much. ._.
In no particular order:

1. Flygon
YES. SO MUCH YES.
NEW ABILITY: DRY SKIN. SO MUCH YES.

2. Swellow
Higher Physical Attack and Defense. I don't know what else to say for him. :(

3.Ludicolo
His Ability could be Tangled Feet, and his Physical attack would skyrocket. :)

4. Seviper
It would be nice to see him get the Poison Touch ability, rather than just Shed Skin. -_-
It would be so cool if his Typing became Poison-Dark!!!

5. Breloom
This guy needs more love.
His ability could be Justified, and his typing could be Grass-Psychic to try to bribe people into hitting him with Dark moves.

6. Zangoose
Needs a Fighting Typing. Now.
Ability: Tough Claws.

Maybe I'll add more later.

Skyleaf2000 said:
I want more Megas so much. ._.
In no particular order:

1. Flygon
YES. SO MUCH YES.
NEW ABILITY: DRY SKIN. SO MUCH YES.

2. Swellow
Higher Physical Attack and Defense. I don't know what else to say for him. :(

3.Ludicolo
His Ability could be Tangled Feet, and his Physical attack would skyrocket. :)

4. Seviper
It would be nice to see him get the Poison Touch ability, rather than just Shed Skin. -_-
It would be so cool if his Typing became Poison-Dark!!!

5. Breloom
This guy needs more love.
His ability could be Justified, and his typing could be Grass-Psychic to try to bribe people into hitting him with Dark moves.

6. Zangoose
Needs a Fighting Typing. Now.
Ability: Tough Claws.

Maybe I'll add more later.

I can't see Breloom -the /Fighting type who uses punches to attack- trading its Fighting type for anything, particularly Psychic. Justified could be an ability for it, but I can't help but think it would much prefer to keep Poison Heal or Technician.

Considering what happened with Lopunny, I think it would be much more realistic that Mega Zangoose would be Normal/Fighting.

Aside from that, your ideas sound good.

Back