ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

Teal said:
CMP said:
I see where you're coming from as I feel the same way, but with primary and secondary types...so from my point-of-view, Abomasnow IS a proper Grass-type.

I completely agree with you about Vileplume getting a Mega. From Slowpoke and Gardevoir getting Mega Evolutions (and not Slowking and Gallade yet), it seems Gamefreak is looking for ways to buff the overlooked "standard" evolutions.
Except that Slowbro is the creme of OU despite being classified as UU and so is Gardevoir (real OU), with Gallade and Slowking not even near them... So... nope!

Also, Blaziken is super banned now and the only Pokémon in that line which is useable, is Torchic.

I really think some common birds and normal types should get Megas, as it's not fair that Charizard and Mewtwo get two each and at this rate, Blaziken will probably have a new one, too...

I really don't think Blaziken's getting another. Charizard and Mewtwo, along with Pikachu, are THE iconic characters of the series, so that's why they Charizard and Mewtwo had X and Y variants.

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

Gentlefish said:
I really don't think Blaziken's getting another. Charizard and Mewtwo, along with Pikachu, are THE iconic characters of the series, so that's why they Charizard and Mewtwo had X and Y variants.

I agree, I think it's more likely that we will get Mega's for the Johto starters then another for Blaziken.

GIMMIE A MEGA [animate]sharpedo[/animate]

Seriously though it would make [animate]sharpedo[/animate] much better and perhaps raise it from the RU tier. the design could be something akin to a jet. Considering that [animate]sharpedo[/animate] and [animate]camerupt[/animate] are parallels, give him a mega evo too. you could make him massive and make the volcanos erupt in the GIF, it would look awesome. also, put some stone plating on him.

sorry for all the Sprites, just felt like it :p

Blob55 said:
vraieesprit said:
As a fan of Vileplume since I played Red/Blue in 1998, I'm somewhat insulted that Audino - a Pokemon which they actually tell you to go battle in the Black/White guide for XP points, not catch and use in battle - gets a MegaEvolution when Vileplume - still, IMO, the Queen of the Grass Types - doesn't. Which made me stop and think - other than Venusaur (who even as a grass fan I never rated), are there any Grass Mega Evolutions?

I'm seeing/hearing of some pretty obscure ones - but it seems like grass is being ignored...which seems to happen way too much for my liking :'(

It's time for Vileplumite!

On another note, the thing I really want from a new Pokemon game is the possibility of generating new pokemon simply through breeding. Instead of automatically being the breed of the mother, what if some pokemon were hybrid types that could only be bred by mixing two particular pokemon? In that way you could maybe marry up two very conflicting types into one pokemon hybrid, and that would open up all kinds of tactical and move-related options as well.

I think that would have been cooler than MegaEvolution...and still hope for it since breeding Pokemon has been in the game since Gen 2, I think...about time we had a bit more DNA manipulation. And I suppose then you could, potentially, have a MegaEvolved hybrid option...though that might just send the computer into spasms.

Actually, there's Mega Abomasnow and Mega Sceptile.

So far, the only type with just one Mega Evolution, including the unreleased Megas for ORAS, is Ice.

Psychic: 9
Dragon: 8
Fighting: 6
Dark: 5
Steel: 5
Fairy: 5
Water: 4
Flying: 4
Grass: 3
Fire: 3
Ghost: 3
Normal: 3
Bug: 3
Rock: 3
Poison: 2
Electric: 2
Ground: 2
Ice: 1

Wow, Ice-types need more mega evolutions, such as Mega Glalie (Make it look good, not stupid) Mega Walrein, Mega Glaceon (Make it exceptionally powerful and unique)

Omega Soul said:

Seriously though it would make [animate]sharpedo[/animate] much better and perhaps raise it from the RU tier. the design could be something akin to a jet. Considering that [animate]sharpedo[/animate] and [animate]camerupt[/animate] are parallels, give him a mega evo too. you could make him massive and make the volcanos erupt in the GIF, it would look awesome. also, put some stone plating on him.

These 2 actually seem like some of the more likely Megas to happen

from released footage, we can see that Archie and Maxie have Mega Stones, so obviously follows they have Mega evolving Pokemon.
Camerupt and Sharpedo were Archie/Maxies main in the originals, and considering the copy/paste nature of these remakes I don't think they'll be changed at all.
Mega Camerupt and Sharpedo do seem like a very real possibility.

I'm still hanging on hope that Wally has a Gallade which Mega evolves as opposed to Gardevoir in the originals.
(I really don't want to see another important character with Mega Gardevoir... not because I don't like her, but just because it gets repetitive)

His Goominess said:
Omega Soul said:

from released footage, we can see that Archie and Maxie have Mega Stones, so obviously follows they have Mega evolving Pokemon.
Camerupt and Sharpedo were Archie/Maxies main in the originals, and considering the copy/paste nature of these remakes I don't think they'll be changed at all.

I'm still hanging on hope that Wally has a Gallade which Mega evolves as opposed to Gardevoir in the originals.
(I really don't want to see another important character with Mega Gardevoir... not because I don't like her, but just because it gets repetitive)

But what if they end up getting Mega Stones for Mightyena and Crobat? They could also be fighting over who gets which Mega Stone, as they both have Mightyena and Crobat on their teams.

When has stuff like that ever actually happened in a pokemon game? If there's any story related to a character's pokemon, or any it's almost certainly going to be their main pokemon. Only one pokemon on each team can mega evo per battle, so if you don't give it to the main mon it will just feel weird.

EDIT: I meant to hit the reply button on blob55's last post. Sorry.

Omega Soul said:
When has stuff like that ever actually happened in a pokemon game? If there's any story related to a character's pokemon, or any it's almost certainly going to be their main pokemon. Only one pokemon on each team can mega evo per battle, so if you don't give it to the main mon it will just feel weird.

EDIT: I meant to hit the reply button on blob55's last post. Sorry.

Actually, I'm thinking Archie will have Mightyenite and Maxie will have Crobanite, but at first they fight over who gets witch.

Blob55 said:
His Goominess said:

But what if they end up getting Mega Stones for Mightyena and Crobat? They could also be fighting over who gets which Mega Stone, as they both have Mightyena and Crobat on their teams.

I think those 2 wouldn't be the best options for them.
They're much too casual for the teams theme and Archie/Maxie in general.
(although I wouldn't mind Crobat getting one anyway)

Although one idea I've been considering, and even though it seems unlikely, is that Archie/Maxie actually catch Kyogre/Groudon and utilise their Primal Reversions in battle.
(although having to defeat a bst 770 legendary Pokemon to defeat the game may be too challenging for younger players...)

His Goominess said:
Although one idea I've been considering, and even though it seems unlikely, is that Archie/Maxie actually catch Kyogre/Groudon and utilise their Primal Reversions in battle.
(although having to defeat a bst 770 legendary Pokemon to defeat the game may be too challenging for younger players...)

That possibility has crossed my mind too. Although I think Mega Sharpedo and Camerupt are more likely... But they could be the ones to activate the Primal formes, which you then have to battle, like Ghetsis and Black/White Kyurem...

@CMP: Indeed, for now, it seems the branched evos are not getting Megas... But, let's wait until next gen (or 2 gens) for DP remakes and I bet if Glalie gets a Mega in ORAS, by that time, they'll make Megas for Gallade and Froslass, at least...

Metalizard said:
His Goominess said:

That possibility has crossed my mind too. Although I think Mega Sharpedo and Camerupt are more likely... But they could be the ones to activate the Primal formes, which you then have to battle, like Ghetsis and Black/White Kyurem...

@CMP: Indeed, for now, it seems the branched evos are not getting Megas... But, let's wait until next gen (or 2 gens) for DP remakes and I bet if Glalie gets a Mega in ORAS, by that time, they'll make Megas for Gallade and Froslass, at least...

What would be between ORAS and sinnoh remakes? A new region?

Omega Soul said:
Metalizard said:

What would be between ORAS and sinnoh remakes? A new region?

Considering gen4 remakes would probably come sometime during gen7, it would mean that we'd have to wait through the next Kalos installments (which would make it 2015), then assuming gen7 gets announced sometime during 2016, then I can't see them feasibly happening until 2017.

Unless they randomly have them for gen6 then we'll have to wait.

What im hoping for is that metagrossite isnt Download only. I can understand Blazikenite being download only, but come on here, Stevens main pokemon is Metagross and that means ingame metagrossite

woohoo962 said:
What im hoping for is that metagrossite isnt Download only. I can understand Blazikenite being download only, but come on here, Stevens main pokemon is Metagross and that means ingame metagrossite

i don't think that the mega stone will be in game if it's already in a distribution...

OmegaElectivire765 said:
woohoo962 said:

i don't think that the mega stone will be in game if it's already in a distribution...

except Steven is pretty much guaranteed to use it in battle, so it wouldn't make sense that they have this badass Mega that can't be obtained outside of an event.
Beldum is only available once in r/s/e and its postgame, so they're probably doing the event so it can be used by people on their first playthrough of the game. Comes with a Mega stone so they can use its badass Mega in game as opposed to having to wait until postgame where we (logically) receive it with the Beldum Steven gives us.

Im pretty sure if Metagrossite was supposed to be event only, they'd have advertised it like they did with Torchic/Blazikenite.

CMP said:
Teal said:
Except that Slowbro is the creme of OU despite being classified as UU and so is Gardevoir (real OU), with Gallade and Slowking not even near them... So... nope!
I'd hardly say Gamefreak cares about competitive tiers regarding Mega Evolution. So... nope!

I really don't think the branched evos will be getting Megas...or at least their chances are far lower than the likes of Vileplume, Poliwrath, Glalie, etc.
The thing is that you say that the overlooked branches got megas, while the opposite is true. Uh?

Teal said:
CMP said:
I'd hardly say Gamefreak cares about competitive tiers regarding Mega Evolution. So... nope!

I really don't think the branched evos will be getting Megas...or at least their chances are far lower than the likes of Vileplume, Poliwrath, Glalie, etc.
The thing is that you say that the overlooked branches got megas, while the opposite is true. Uh?
Competitive players non withstanding, I don't know anyone who prefers Slowbro to Slowking...to the target audience (10 year old children), newer is very often better, leaving the standard evolutions very much forgotten.

Teal said:
CMP said:

I'll give you Vileplume as Bellossom doesn't gain anything by losing the better of its types, but no one uses Poliwrath with Politoed having Drizzle, and no one uses Glalie with it's 80 across the board stats when they can use Froslass instead.

I want this to happen:
mega_pelipper_by_steffenka-d7i34uf.jpg
Yes, I made the design myself, but I really want Pelipper to look either more like this, or more pirate'ish.
I think Pelipper should have more Defense, Special Attack and Special Defense, to make it more bulky(?), and maybe lower it's speed a little. Have it gain its HA: Rain Dish or Drizzle, and I think it could work :)

Back