TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

RE: Neo Redux: 59 to go! UPDATE: Final 10 Kanto monsters...vote! (8/13/13)

Slowbro. I don't know why, but I love most Slowbro cards... I haven't really seen any decent fan art of it, though (other than bogeymankurt's 3D render, which might look fantastic on a Psychic template). Maybe you could take a crack at drawing it. Shin-ichi Yoshida-style, perhaps? Or maybe Hironobu Yoshida-style.

I love Mew cards more (my favorite cards in the TCG), but I feel that Legendary Pokémon can come later.

Sweet seadra of baby Jesus, get yourself a Dragonite!

EDIT: Okay that is the most hilarious word filter I've seen in a long time.

Mew! Use my spoiler :D

I wouldn't mind seeing how you would handle Mr. Mime or Slowbro.

RE: Neo Redux: 57 to go! UPDATE: Slow(bro)(king) (8/14/13)

Dragonite and Mew will be coming, but for now I decided to do Slowbro. I could use it as a twofer...

Slowbro.png
Slowking.png

RE: Neo Redux: 57 to go! UPDATE: Slow(bro)(king) (8/14/13)

I like the Ability on Slowking. Not too OP and not really terrible either. Playable definitely, but not overly good. Keep up the good work CMP

RE: Neo Redux: 54 to go! UPDATE: Slow(bro)(king) and REGI TRIO (8/14/13)

Gosh that Regice is awesome, it's the best out of the trio and op but not too broken.

RE: Neo Redux: 53 to go! UPDATE: Slow(bro)(king) and REGI TRIO (8/14/13)

Thanks guys.

Here's one for someone you all well...it's one he's been asking for...

Dunsparce.png

It's Dunsparce...for own very own Nekoban Ryo!

The card isn't a surprise, at all, since he contributed both art and spoilers... Nonetheless, as he's always there for great suggestions, critique, and support, it's fully dedicated to him!

Thanks for everything over the past few years, man!

RE: Neo Redux: 51 to go! UPDATE: Slow(bro)(king), Regis, and DUNSPARCE (8/14/13)

It's gorgeous! Thanks! :)

I'm glad I've been of help. You've also been a huge help and source of inspiration over the years. :D

EDIT: The Slowbro and Slowking cards also look great. I see you managed to find some decent Slowbro art.

Slowking's attack is just a little confusing. Toward the end, it sounds like you're choosing an Energy from the Defending Pokémon and one from a Benched Pokémon. It took me a minute to figure out what "that Pokémon" was because of that. Something like "If Slowking has any [P] Energy cards attached to it, move 1 Energy card attached to the Defending Pokémon to one of your opponent's Benched Pokémon." would be less confusing.

RE: Neo Redux: 51 to go! UPDATE: Slow(bro)(king), Regis, and DUNSPARCE (8/14/13)

So glad you like it!

I agree that the Slowking is confusing, but I actually pulled it from Xatu ND52.

EDIT: For an even 50 to go...
Rotomnormal.png

RE: Neo Redux: 50 to go! UPDATE: Slow(bro)(king), Regis, DUNSPARCE, and Rotom (8/14/13)

So it is.

The blending of textures on Rotom looks a bit odd. I think making it less subtle would help, as it blurs together so much that it makes more of a grey than dull bluish-purple. Yellow and purple complement each other far more than yellow and grey and would probably give the overall card more life.

RE: Neo Redux: 50 to go! UPDATE: Slow(bro)(king), Regis, DUNSPARCE, and Rotom (8/14/13)

Agreed, Alex. In addition to making it slightly less subtle, I boosted the saturation a bit to bring out more purple. While it looks terrible at 100% opacity, it really just helps to bring out the color at the levels I have it set.

RE: Neo Redux: 42 to go! UPDATE: Swalot! (8/16/13)

I'm determined to get this done by the first week of September. Giving me JUST enough breathing room to relax for a month...before XY are released!

Swalot.png

Meant to scare your opponent into not attaching too many Energy cards.

Where's my sweet seadra of baby Jesus get yourself a Dragonite already? Also Scizor? *shot*

In srs, I really dig that Rotom! I would say having some more Ghost effects blended into the lightning texture would be cooler, but it's still a nice looking card.

I love it all, CMP. Awesome designs/artwork/attacks/etc. as usual.

I love the coloration on the Rotom; the purple and yellow look great together, and you've done a good job of keeping the borders between the color splotches both indistinct and not gray.

Are you planning on incorporating fairy typing into Pokemon you've already done (eg Jigglypuff) that will be fairy-type starting in X & Y?

Looking forward to seeing the rest, especially the eeveelutions and (of course) Scizor!

EDIT: SCIZOR! Have I ever told you I love you, CMP? That Scizor is totally perf.

RE: Neo Redux: 37 to go! UPDATE: Crashing thunder! (8/29/13)

Thanks, scizorlicious! Yeah, I'll likely incorporate Fairy into some of the older monsters. Marrill and Gardevoir/families no, Jigglypuff yes. Reason being... Marrill/Gardevoir's primary types better define them in my eyes. However, like the plethora of Normal/Flying types getting Flying-type Redux treatment, I can spare to take away a few Normal Redux monsters and make them Fairies. It'll give the Fairy-type blank more usage, anyway. Once the official texture if revealed, I'll likely add a blending of it onto Gardevoir's blank (as the Fighting is on Gallade), though.

New today...
Raikou.png

A lot of behind-the-scenes sneaky updating over the past few days. Life has taken over, hence the lack of 5+ card/days. More like 1 or 2/day...but still, home stretch! Even if I don't finish before XY come out, an extra 100+ monsters don't seem so daunting when you've already finished over 500 of them!

RE: Neo Redux: 37 to go! UPDATE: Crashing thunder! (8/29/13)

From the deadline you gave yourself, the question is: can you really get the last 37 done before Sunday September 8th?

Back