TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

RE: Neo Redux: The most viewed thread on PokéBeach! // Here Comes the Hidden Stray Squad!

With the new blanks, I've been editing each card from the card before, hence the error. It was fixed before Kanga even posted, but there's so many images in the Wikia now that the cache takes forever to clear.

RE: Neo Redux: The most viewed thread on PokéBeach! // Path to the School of Hard Knocks

CMP said:
You guys probably know what's coming next!

...and if you said Raichu, you'd be incorrect. Here's a surprise!

Barbaracle689.png
Big thanks to GadgetJax for the spoilers!

Also, quick note for the future: if ever you see an error, point it out, I tell you it will be (or already has been) corrected, you can auto-clear the cache and view the most recently uploaded version of that file by adding
Code:
?=purge
to the end of the image URL.

That artwork is some of the best I've seen on your blanks! Where did you get that idea for the Power?

GadgetJax said:
That artwork is some of the best I've seen on your blanks! Where did you get that idea for the Power?

Probably Chansey PhF - Lucky Punch. Artwork is definitely great!

bbninjas said:
GadgetJax said:

Haha GadgetJax was joking -- I got it from him! Sorry, Jax -- I was running on a sleepless weekend after a three-hour drive and forgot to mention you in the post. 'Tis fixed, forgive me <3

CMP said:
bbninjas said:
Haha GadgetJax was joking -- I got it from him! Sorry, Jax -- I was running on a sleepless weekend after a three-hour drive and forgot to mention you in the post. 'Tis fixed, forgive me <3

You could nearly always expect GJ to be joking. :p *sigh* We are so mean to GadgetJax these days *sigh* Let me guess, GJ got it from Chansey... or did Chansy get it from GJ? o.0

bbninjas said:
CMP said:

You could nearly always expect GJ to be joking. :p *sigh* We are so mean to GadgetJax these days *sigh* Let me guess, GJ got it from Chansey... or did Chansy get it from GJ? o.0

Believe it or not, that Barbaracle originates from a card I did way back a while ago on a previous thread, before Phantom Gate even was RELEASED! Check it out here! http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-gadgetjax-s-text-fakes-all-kalos-pokemon?pid=2631141#pid2631141

/me remembers I had to make a spoiler for M-Garchomp and M-Metagross...

Darn, I keep forgetting important things! Dx I'll try to make them as I end Uni semester in about a month, but let me know if you'll need them earlier. ;)

Also, the cards are looking extremely well, specially with those HQ Blanks, nicely done! :D

So, uh, this is a bummer, but for some reason Wikia has resized the images in the specific shortened link I use to 200x280. Hopefully this is a temporary thing, but if it isn't, Neo Redux might be officially dead.

CMP said:
So, uh, this is a bummer, but for some reason Wikia has resized the images in the specific shortened link I use to 200x280. Hopefully this is a temporary thing, but if it isn't, Neo Redux might be officially dead.

If you have backups, you can upload them all to imgur, if not, web.archive.org probably indexes this thread regularly due to the traffic this thread gets.

Oh I have backups of 99% of the cards...and truth be told, the original images are still on the Wikia. The problem is that to save characters in my posts, I used a shortened URL, which now produces the resized images. And honestly, fixing close to 800 URLs is just not a time commitment I'm interested in.

CMP said:
Oh I have backups of 99% of the cards...and truth be told, the original images are still on the Wikia. The problem is that to save characters in my posts, I used a shortened URL, which now produces the resized images. And honestly, fixing close to 800 URLs is just not a time commitment I'm interested in.

Oh, so it's basically not wanting to fix the URL's? That's a real bummer. u.u But if you get someone to help you with it, it might be done faster and easier than you think. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't do any more cards. ;) And I strongly suggest you that you don't post the shortened URLs. I mean, if it was for something like your signature where the character limit is extremely low, then it's justified, but neither of those can make a post go all derpy. Not even by auto-merging, because that's now disabled here, so chances of reaching the limit are very low... Unless you want to paste your judgings here, which would be a mess. :p

D:! I hope this gets fixed up without too much fuss. If there's any way I can help, I would be happy to. Would hate to see this project fall apart just for some silly wikia thing. :(

You could probably write a script that would do link-replacement fairly easily, especially if it is a more mechanical task (as I expect it is). Learning to write scripts isn't that difficult (compared to tediously replacing 800+ links), and there are more than enough guides on the internet.

I would offer my own assistance, but the only scripting tool I know how to use is rather heavy, and would require you having to install a whole bunch of things...

Overall it is really unfortunate that this happened in the first place. Regardless of how, I hope this gets fixed eventually.

CMP said:

How large are all the cards put together, in MB/GB?

Also, do you mean manually fixing links in the OP, or all around the thread?

Thanks for the support, everyone! You guys are the main reason the set has lasted so long.

Unfortunately, as each card has a unique URL, I don't think a script would work -- although it's a great idea!

I think altogether, I have about 30gb of Redux/faking related stuff on my hard drive, although I could be making that up. I'll check when I'm home. And as far as fixing links, I just mean fixing the ones in the OP.

If you need help with updating the OP, just tell me and I'll gladly help you. ;) It can be stressful to update that many links on your own, so you'll need as much help as possible.

I've got a follow-up on that script thing:
pkYM4Aw.png

As far as I can see, all of the large form images can have their URL's easily extrapolated from the bad links. The name of the file itself (Bulbasaur001.png, Galvantula.png, etc.) stays the same. as do the previous two directories in the sequence ("/1/18" in this case). Then, you just append that bit to "http://images.wikia.nocookie.net/neoredux/images" and voila. Simple as copying the latter half of the link, and pasting it in front of a static string.

That doesn't seem too hard to script (and I could figure how to do it, but again, the only scripting utility I know how to use is rather heavy).

EDIT: Just realized that I could hypothetically write and run the script for you and just message you the re-written post. I'm rather busy lately, but I wouldn't mind doing it if you're willing to wait around a week.

Holy cow, Auride, you're amazing. If you did that, I'd absolutely pay you back somehow!

Back