TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

RE: Neo Redux: 800 cards and counting! UPDATE: Seasons of Sawsbuck!

CMP said:
Luispipe8 said:
Well, I'm also making my set, so I'm actively making cards, if you want a spoiler. :D
I always welcome spoilers, Luis!

Just shout which one and I'll gladly do it. :D

How about some Powers (or attacks) for Garchomp
Megasymbol.png
and Metagross
Megasymbol.png
? If possible, I'm trying to keep them related to the base Pokémon since they can use the base attacks/Powers. It's a tough one, but I know you can help out...thanks Luis!

BTW, just noticed this:

xFBkC76.png

Congrats, CMP! ;)

I have an idea for M-Garchomp:

[Ground][Ground][Dragon] Guillotine Claw 70 (?)
If the defending Pokémon has any damage counters on it, discard an Energy card attached to the defending Pokémon.

The attack is designed to synergizes well with both Garchomp's Gaia Crush, as it allows you to more effectively trap your opponent's active, and Turbojet, which allows you to effectively spread damage so as to guarantee the secondary effect.

==
And could you explain Mega Venusaur's attack? The effect doesn't make much sense to me...

Luispipe8 said:
BTW, just noticed this:

xFBkC76.png

Congrats, CMP! ;)
Haha thanks Luis! Whoo!

Auride said:
I have an idea for M-Garchomp:

[Ground][Ground][Dragon] Guillotine Claw 70 (?)
If the defending Pokémon has any damage counters on it, discard an Energy card attached to the defending Pokémon.

The attack is designed to synergizes well with both Garchomp's Gaia Crush, as it allows you to more effectively trap your opponent's active, and Turbojet, which allows you to effectively spread damage so as to guarantee the secondary effect.

==
And could you explain Mega Venusaur's attack? The effect doesn't make much sense to me...
Oh, I like the attack a lot, Auride -- thanks!

Venusaur
Megasymbol.png
's attack Poisons the Defending Pokémon. You have the option of discarding as many [Pn] Energies as you want from it, though -- and for each [Pn] Energy you discard, you put 3 damage counters worth of Poison damage (instead of the usual 1) on the Defending Pokémon between turns. So, say you discarded 2 [Pn] Energies...that'd be 6 damage counters between turns worth of Poison damage.

CMP said:
Venusaur
Megasymbol.png
's attack Poisons the Defending Pokémon. You have the option of discarding as many [Pn] Energies as you want from it, though -- and for each [Pn] Energy you discard, you put 3 damage counters worth of Poison damage (instead of the usual 1) on the Defending Pokémon between turns. So, say you discarded 2 [Pn] Energies...that'd be 6 damage counters between turns worth of Poison damage.

Wouldn't it be more clear to say, "For each [Pn] Energy you discard, you put 3 (or 2) more damage counters on the Defending Pokémon between turns"? The current language makes it unclear (to me, anyways) how the effect stacks (outside of the explanation you just gave). Unless, of course, that is the format used in the Neo era. I wouldn't know...

RE: Neo Redux: Now the most viewed thread on PokéBeach! UPDATE: Seasons of Sawsbuck!

I pulled the wording from a card (can't remember which)...you're the first person that I know to be confused, but it might be worth it to change it anyway. Thanks Auride!

RE: Neo Redux: Now the most viewed thread on PokéBeach! UPDATE: It's actually being eaten

Been busy the past couple weeks with real life stuff. I've finished all of the Kanto Megas, but they're in need of final checks (power levels and such). Here's a sample, though...

Megaslowbro.png

RE: Neo Redux: Now the most viewed thread on PokéBeach! UPDATE: It's actually being eaten

Creative as that Power is (and it is very), it's sort of ambigious, no? Would it stop Metagross ex' Extra Comet Punch's effect? I imagine it would. Would it stop Jungle Wigglytuff's Do The Wave's extra damage, reducing it to 10? Well, it says 'more', so I suppose, right? Would it stop Skyridge Wigglytuff's Do The Wave's damage? Probably not, even though it's essentially the same move.

I think you'd probably need to change "the effect of an attack..." to "the effect of an other attack". Unless you really want to stop every single attack which says does "more" damage.

RE: Neo Redux: Now the most viewed thread on PokéBeach! UPDATE: Eat my gem.

Hmm...I get what you're saying, Spoon, but I'm not entirely sure how to fix it at the moment. The intended effect was that yes, it would stop attacks like Metagross ex and Wigglytuff Jungle's Do The Wave, but NOT attacks like Wigglytuff SK's Do The Wave, the difference being base damage. Usually this works out to be pretty much moves which use '+' in the damage and not 'x.'

Here's another [MEGA] that might have been made too early, but we'll see...
Megasableye.png

Could be fun, could be pretty useless depending on the Pokémon in each player's deck. Very situational.

All we know is that both Mega Sableye's Def and SpD goes up and its Speed decreases. Since the official material has made such a big deal about the gem/defenses, I figured it'd be okay to give it +30 HP from the base form instead of the usual 20 HP. I don't know how slow it'll be yet, so I might have to change the RC from [C][C] to [C][C][C]. Since it's still not a heavy hitter, I figured [C][C] was fine.

^Shouldn't Sableye Mega's card say "Put Sableye Mega on the Basic Pokémon"?

It also says "Sabeleye" in the Mega rule. xD But great card overall, CMP, liking the Megas! :D

Whoops. Edited from Houndoom [MEGA]. Will fix. Thanks!
Megasableye.png

RE: Neo Redux: Now the most viewed thread on PokéBeach! UPDATE: </3

^Much better, now that the errors are fixed. Any chance of a Mega Kangaskhan?

I have to say great job guys, im old as f*** and im still playing 1st generation poke cards with my friends and i you made me crazy with your composition. Great attacks, great balance, amazing artworks and none useless cards. Damn, again artworks!

I did not read all pages but i noticed Gastly has the same attacks as Shuppet, is it right?

Good luck :D

I'd really like to see a Yveltal card, and nice work CMP

Edit: And opacho is right, the Gastly card needs to be fixed, looks like a near direct copy of Shuppet. Even says it IS Shuppet in the Attack description!

Thanks for pointing that out, guys. I've yet to fix it as I'm currently in the process of remaking all of my blanks (which has taken a definite priority over other cards).

Hopefully, once they're done (and they look to be about 75% 90% completed), I'll release Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde to celebrate. So have no fear, NameBlank, Yveltal is coming.

On the topic of new blanks, I'm really happy with how these textures (which I've been dreading) turned out...
Neoultimatepreview2.png
Neoultimatepreview.png

RE: Neo Redux: Now the most viewed thread on PokéBeach! UPDATE: Neo Neo Blank update!

It's been a while CMP, but I really hope you're finishing wht left...Since you would be having few more new Mega to design next

RE: Neo Redux: Now the most viewed thread on PokéBeach! UPDATE: Neo Neo Blank update!

I'm definitely still planning on finishing everything. However, I think the best way to go for now is to just use my new blanks for the currently unreleased Redux 'mons.

Now that I've finished the new blanks, things should resume momentarily.

RE: Neo Redux: Now the most viewed thread on PokéBeach! // Neo Redux...Redux?

I've finally started work on Neo Redux [Redux]!

Don't ask why I've started with Onix (probably due to the recent Mega Steelix reveal), but...
Onix95.png

Decided on a 1000x1399 size for release. Was contemplating 747px width (to match up with preprint images), but I'd have to redo parts of the blank as it's a different size ratio.

Back