TCG Fakes Neko's Fake Creations: Cards, Screencaps, and More!

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Mothim Mania (4/4/14)

♥♥ すごいいいい!! ♥♥
もっと「GB」-スタイルにしてください!

So no rule break: http://translate.google.at/#ja/en/すごい!もっと「GB」-スタイルにしてください!

Luispipe8 said:
Hey, Neko!! Just wondering, can you make a BW Version of Player Switch and Kitty Cat? I used them with a friend of mine and were hilarious... until some point. XD I mean, Player switch is funny at the beginning, but the fact that it's shuffled back can create an infinite loop because you might draw it indefinitely and HAVE to play it. XDD Just a humble request.
TL;DR: BW/XY Balanced versions of Player Switch and Kitty Cat

Glad to hear someone actually used them! I would have used them myself, but I've been out of ink since I made them and no one around plays anymore. :/

It doesn't create an infinite loop. Sure, the card may be drawn multiple times, forcing you to switch places each time, but the game CAN still end. It's just not guaranteed that you'll win while using your own deck. :p

But sure, if someone can tweak the effects to be a bit more usable (and less annoying) in XY-format, I don't mind remaking them. I can't guarantee that they'll print as nicely, however, seeing as print-resolution XY blanks aren't currently available.

Teal said:
♥♥ すごいいいい!! ♥♥
もっと「GB」-スタイルにしてください!

So no rule break: http://translate.google.at/#ja/en/すごい!もっと「GB」-スタイルにしてください!

Don't worry, I plan to! I'll probably try making a GB version of all my fakes from here on out, so long as the art isn't too difficult for me to do in that style.

Nekoban Ryo said:
Luispipe8 said:
Hey, Neko!! Just wondering, can you make a BW Version of Player Switch and Kitty Cat? I used them with a friend of mine and were hilarious... until some point. XD I mean, Player switch is funny at the beginning, but the fact that it's shuffled back can create an infinite loop because you might draw it indefinitely and HAVE to play it. XDD Just a humble request.
TL;DR: BW/XY Balanced versions of Player Switch and Kitty Cat

Glad to hear someone actually used them! I would have used them myself, but I've been out of ink since I made them and no one around plays anymore. :/

It doesn't create an infinite loop. Sure, the card may be drawn multiple times, forcing you to switch places each time, but the game CAN still end. It's just not guaranteed that you'll win while using your own deck. :p

But sure, if someone can tweak the effects to be a bit more usable (and less annoying) in XY-format, I don't mind remaking them. I can't guarantee that they'll print as nicely, however, seeing as print-resolution XY blanks aren't currently available.

Well, BW Blanks are basically the same... e.e And yes, because let's say both players are at ~5 Cards on their decks and Player Switch savagely shows up, then it's a safe thing that you'll exercise for hours getting up and down your chair, which actually happened to me and my friend one of the times we played. XD And I believe the "MUST be played" and "Shuffled back" chunks could be left out. Something like this:

Player Switch said:
Player Switch - Item
Both players shuffles his or her hand into his or her deck. Switch places with your opponent. Then, each player draws 5 cards and plays with that deck until the end of the game or until a card says otherwise
You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Chibi Kj'kun (YGO JPN) 5/7/14

UPDATE: I've not made any Pokémon fakes for a while, but I recently dug up the actual font used for Japanese Yu-Gi-Oh! cards (finally), so I decided to remake one of my older fakes (which used a Japanese template) in actual Japanese. I also played around with foil effects.

chibi_kj_kun_fake_card__japanese__by_karite_kita_neko-d7gqbey.png

EDIT: I forgot the ruby text over the NEKO kanji, so I added it.

I don't know anything about Yu-Gi-Oh!, but the card sure looks impressive! The foil effects are great...especially on the card name.

Nekoban Ryo said:
UPDATE: I've not made any Pokémon fakes for a while, but I recently dug up the actual font used for Japanese Yu-Gi-Oh! cards (finally), so I decided to remake one of my older fakes (which used a Japanese template) in actual Japanese. I also played around with foil effects.

[CARD IMAGE]
I like the foil effects on the card name... how did you do that?

CMP said:
I don't know anything about Yu-Gi-Oh!, but the card sure looks impressive! The foil effects are great...especially on the card name.

Thanks! I'm really happy with how the foil name turned out. :)

anabel1406 said:
I like the foil effects on the card name... how did you do that?

Thanks! I used a dot foil (this one) that I got from a notebook cover and clipped it to the text, then added a couple Dodge layers (desaturated and with some level adjustments) and a very small white drop shadow. I'm quite pleased with the result.

UPDATE: Updated the background foil on the Chibi Kj'kun card with a more accurate one.

chibi_kj_kun_fake_card__japanese__by_karite_kita_neko-d7gqbey.png

RE: Neko's Random Cards: A Borrowed Meowth? 6/17/14

UPDATE: It has been far too long since my last Pokéfake...

alex_s_shining_meowth_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d7msfzj.png

Wording might be off a little. If you know of a more accurate wording, let me know and I'll update the card.

Also, TCG GB!

meowth_fsc_zps336592b9.png

(Non-Shiny because the colors looked weird.)

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Updated Shining Meowth 6/18/14

UPDATE: So much eww... I don't know what I was thinking yesterday.

Here's an updated version of the card (which looks much nicer, imo):

alex_s_shining_meowth_fake_card__v2__by_karite_kita_neko-d7mvj49.png

Dude, where's my card?! I mean... XD Amazing card, Alex! Really funny, too! :D

Edit: Woohoo, 700 posts!!! :D

Ooh! I commented on the original version on dA, but I haven't seen the updated version yet. Can't believe neither of us realized you didn't use the Neo-era Shining effect at first -- looks great!

Wording seems fine, although I'd put something in about not being able to use the attack if there's already a Pokémon Tool attached to Meowth. Cards that move Pokémon Tools usually make note of that (Linoone Great Encounters and Murkrow Supreme Victors). I'd probably just add it at the end: "This attack can't be used if Alex's Shining Meowth already has a Pokémon Tool card attached to it."

Unless, of course, you mean for the attack to allow doubling-up on Tools. Then ignore me. ;)

Luispipe8 said:
Dude, where's my card?! I mean... XD Amazing card, Alex! Really funny, too! :D

Thanks! Glad you like it!

CMP said:
Ooh! I commented on the original version on dA, but I haven't seen the updated version yet. Can't believe neither of us realized you didn't use the Neo-era Shining effect at first -- looks great!

Wording seems fine, although I'd put something in about not being able to use the attack if there's already a Pokémon Tool attached to Meowth. Cards that move Pokémon Tools usually make note of that (Linoone Great Encounters and Murkrow Supreme Victors). I'd probably just add it at the end: "This attack can't be used if Alex's Shining Meowth already has a Pokémon Tool card attached to it."

Unless, of course, you mean for the attack to allow doubling-up on Tools. Then ignore me. ;)

I actually used the galaxy foil intentionally the first time, since pre-Reveleation Neo cards used that instead of the Shining foil, but it just didn't give me a Shining Pokémon vibe, so I decided to change the artwork and foil. Glad you like the new one. :)

Thanks for pointing that out! Here's the updated version:

alex_s_shining_meowth_fake_card__v2__by_karite_kita_neko-d7mvj49.png

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Ai caahnt supeek Zaahpaahneez 6/21/14

UPDATE: "Ai caahnt supeek Zaahpaahneez," but that doesn't stop me from making Japanese cards!

alex_s_shining_meowth__japanese__by_karite_kita_neko-d7ndsej.png

Japanese version of my previous Alex's Shining Meowth, made in both Shining styles.

EDIT: Toned down the first Shining foil.

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Alex's Shining Persian 6/30/14

UPDATE: Here's a Shining Persian to accompany my Shining Meowth!

alex_s_shining_persian_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d7oizqv.png

alex_s_shining_persian__japanese__by_karite_kita_neko-d7omye3.png

If all goes according to plan, I'll be making more Alex's Pokémon. I'll try to make a card for each Pokémon on the trainer card in my signature (I'll still be using Neo blanks for all of them). Might replace Mamoswine with a Shining Avalugg, though. I'll also try to include prior forms of each Pokémon, even the Shining Pokémon. Here's the list I have in mind:

Alex's Lapras
Alex's Sneasel (needs to be updated)
Alex's Weavile
Alex's Spheal
Alex's Sealeo
Alex's Walrein
Alex's Snorunt
Alex's Froslass
Alex's Lickitung
Alex's Shining Eevee
Alex's Shining Glaceon
Alex's Shining Bergmite
Alex's Shining Avalugg
Alex's Shining Dunsparce (needs to be updated)
Alex's Shining Meowth (done)
Alex's Shining Persian (done)
Alex's Shining Sentret
Alex's Shining Furret
Alex's Shining Porygon
Alex's Shining Porygon2
Alex's Shining Skitty
Alex's Shining Delcatty

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Shining Persian (Printed Jumbo) 7/20/14

UPDATE: It's been so long since I've printed any of my cards. @_@

shining_persian_fake_card__printed_jumbo__by_karite_kita_neko-d7rdytp.jpg

sh_per_size_zps4bb73839.jpg

Printed version of my Alex's Shining Persian, modified as a non-trainer's Pokémon. I used a "broken glass" foil because it was the only type I had large enough. Nonetheless, I'm pretty pleased with the result and I hope you like it as well. :)

I probably won't be printing more cards anytime soon. Just took a quick dip into dad's ink.

That looks so realistic! (I mean the card; I'm not doubting the fact that you printed it :p) Wow, awesome stuff :D

Whoa, I have tried printing my cards before, but they never turn out as good as this. Amazing work, as always!

And now we know who can have the best proxies ever made...! xD Amazing job, Neko, as always!

rev3rsor said:
That looks so realistic! (I mean the card; I'm not doubting the fact that you printed it :p) Wow, awesome stuff :D
I'm glad you think so. Thanks!

Arcticwhite said:
Whoa, I have tried printing my cards before, but they never turn out as good as this. Amazing work, as always!
Mind telling me how you print yours? I could give you a couple pointers if you want.

Luispipe8 said:
And now we know who can have the best proxies ever made...! xD Amazing job, Neko, as always!
Far from the best, but thanks. xD

- - -

UPDATE: First card in a whole month!? Wait, why am I acting like that's new...? Anyway, someone requested a Shining Lapras card a while back. I don't normally take requests, but this was something I planned to do eventually anyway.

shining_lapras_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d7vvafe.png

Yeah, I already know that Ice Storm's Energy cost should be [W][W][L][L]... I was using the order from Shining Raichu and didn't think to double-check the order since cards are supposed to use the same Energy order regardless of type (on the newer cards, anyway). I did try switching them around later, but [L][L][W][W] just seems to look better.

I also already noticed that I forgot the "(Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)" but I'm holding off on adding it because I think I've made the attack a bit too strong. If you stall long enough, you could potentially knock out all of your opponent's Benched Pokémon (if their Bench is full, that's 5 Prize cards in one go). What do you think? If it is OP, what could I do to balance it out (and keep a similar effect)? Here are a few ideas I had, but feel free to suggest others:

* You may discard up to 2 [W] Energy attached to Shining Lapras. If you do, this attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon for each Energy card discarded in this way. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

* You may discard any number of [W] Energy attached to Shining Lapras. If you do, this attack does 10 damage to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon for each Energy card discarded in this way. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

* You may discard any number of [W] Energy attached to Shining Lapras. If you do, choose that many of your opponent's Benched Pokémon and put 2 damage counters on each of them.

* Discard all [W] Energy attached to Shining Lapras or this attack does nothing. Choose a number of your opponent's Benched Pokémon equal to the number of Energy cards discarded in this way. This attack does 20 damage to each of those Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Back