TCG Fakes Neko's Fake Creations: Cards, Screencaps, and More!

RE: Neko's Random Cards: "Iibui!" 01/07/14

Lord Fletchling said:
dat card x3
when can I play it IRL

In official tournaments, probably never. In casual play and with your opponent's permission, any time after you print it.

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Alexpoke Strikes Again! 01/17/14

UPDATE: Recolored my old Alexpoke pic for a Shining card!

shining_alexpoke__japanese__fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d72lmgh.png

You can't have more than 1 Shining Alexpoke in your deck.

Shining Alexpoke / Lv. 24 / HP50

Procrastination Pokémon. HT: 1.7 meters, WT: 54.4 kilograms

Pokémon Power: Feign Ignorance
Alexpoke isn't affected by Trainer card effects. This power stops working if Alexpoke is affected by a Special Condition.

{W} {P} Deceitful Yawn / 10
The Defending Pokémon is now Asleep.

Weakness: {G} / Resistance: None / Retreat Cost: {C}

It slept just a little too long and, as a result, its fur was bleached by the sunlight.

Illus. Alex "KKN" Bowen (This card cannot be used in official tournaments) / No.079 <- a lie

EDIT: And...

shining_misdreavus__japanese__fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d72rv1q.png

You can't have more than 1 Shining Misdreavus in your deck.

Shining Misdreavus / Lv. 32 / HP50

Screech Pokémon. HT: 0.7 meters, WT: 1 kilogram

Pokémon Power: Invitation to the Grave
Once during your turn, if Shining Misdreavus is in your discard pile, you may discard 1 card from your hand.
If you do, your opponent must also discard 1 card from his or her hand.

{D} {W} Demon's Tears / 10
Flip a coin. If heads and if the Defending Pokémon attacks during your opponent's next turn,
any damage it does is reduced by 30.

Weakness: None / Resistance: {F} -30 / Retreat Cost: {C}

It loves to sneak up on people late at night, then startle them with its shriek-like cry.

Illus. Alex "KKN" Bowen / No.200

EDIT 2: Now in English!

shining_misdreavus__english__fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d72txfl.png

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Updated Shinies 02/01/14

UPDATE: I somehow derped and forgot the 1-per deck clause on my recent English Shining Pokémon, so here are the fixed versions. I also reduced the damage of Shining Sneasel's Reap (since Darkness Energy adds 10 damage) and tried to fix some of the distortion around its tail.

shining_sneasel_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d6y87ku.png

shining_misdreavus__english__fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d72txfl.png

EDIT: Since the Sneasel no longer matches up with the old version, I've added a special "Version 2" stamp.

RE: Neko's Random Cards: New cards, old art 4/24/14

*randomly appears*

UPDATE: So, cscdgnpry @deviantART (better known as Cascade Gonpory) made some BEAUTIFUL new blanks for his Vs2: Uniting the World project, so I just had to use them! Sorry for reusing my older artwork (I haven't drawn anything new in forever). I put my dA username for the trainer name because that seems to be a thing with these blanks.

shiny_dunsparce_vs2_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d77tiba.png

sneasel_vs2_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d77u01n.png

fakemon_card__fairicity_herushii__jp__vs2_style__by_karite_kita_neko-d77wlv7.png

*vanishes back into the shadows*

RE: Neko's Random Cards: New cards, old art 4/24/14

Reggie McGigas said:
is the dunsparce made out of clay? If it is that's a neat idea

Yeah, I made it with clay. I used white Sculpey baking clay and painted it afterward. The actual sculpture is normal-colored instead of Shiny (I changed the colors on the computer). Here's a pic of the sculpture without the edits: [link]

- - -

UPDATE: I've not drawn in forever, but I wanted to make another card. I've already used pretty much all the pieces that I imagined would look good on cards, so I decided to use something that I normally wouldn't consider for it a card, my Lapras snow sculpture. It turned out... interesting.

snow_lapras_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d7a5x2i.png

Translation:
Snow Lapras 60 HP (W)

Pokémon Power: Melt Away
At the beginning of your turn, if Snow Lapras is your Active Pokémon, put 1 damage counter on Snow Lapras.

(W)(W)(W) Freeze 30
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness: Fire
Resistance: None
Retreat Cost: 2

Carries people across the ocean on its back. Their numbers have dwindled over the past few years.

Extra text: This card looks 10 times better when viewed with one eye closed.

EDIT: Aaand another... I somehow managed to render this guy in a 3D program a while back, despite having absolutely no idea what I was doing. Figured I'd use it on a card.

unown_v_fake_custom_card__japanese__by_karite_kita_neko-d7a9nnp.png

Unown V 40 HP (P)

Pokémon Power: VICTORY
Once during your turn, after you flip any coins for an attack, you may ignore all effects of those coin flips and begin flipping those coins again. If you have more than 1 Unown V in play, you can only use 1 VICTORY power each turn.

(P)(C) Hidden Power 20

Weakness: Psychic
Retreat Cost: 1

When alone, nothing happens. However, if there are two or more, an odd power is said to emerge.

Extra text: Custom Unown Pokémon card by KKN

This fake contains an Easter Egg (as in a hidden object, message, or reference). Can you find it?

- - -

Hopefully I'll be able to pop out some new art soon!

RE: Neko's Random Cards: KKN's Unown, Alex's Unown! (3/17/14)

UPDATE: I started experimenting with Unown artwork again!

fake_custom_card__kkn_s_unown__japanese__by_karite_kita_neko-d7agy8q.png

I've been wanting to do this for a while. KKN stands for my deviantArt name (Karite-Kita-Neko). I like the shiny, almost glassy, effect on the Unown, but they still look rather flat. Here's the translation of the card:
KKN's Unown 50 HP {P}

Pokémon Power: KKN
Once during your turn, if Unown K, Unown K, and Unown N are on your Bench, you may look at the bottom card of your deck. If that card is a Pokémon, you may add it to your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

{P}{C} Hidden Power 20

Weakness: {P}

When alone, nothing happens. However, if there are two or more, an odd power is said to emerge.

fake_custom_card__alex_s_unown__japanese__by_karite_kita_neko-d7aipas.png

I tried a different technique with the artwork this time. I used Illustrator's Extrude/Bevel function. I still had to make some adjustments in Photoshop, but I think they turned out pretty well, a lot less flat than the previous. Also, since I've mostly been posting holo cards, I included a non-holo version. Here's the translation:
Alex's Unown 50 HP {P)

Pokémon Power: Art Block
As long as this Pokémon doesn't have any Energy cards attached to it, neither player can use effects that let them look through their deck.

{P}{C} Hidden Power 20

Weakness: {P}

EDIT: Here's KKN's Unown with updated artwork and the reveal clause added to the Pokémon Power.

fake_custom_card__kkn_s_unown__japanese__v2_by_karite_kita_neko-d7amhnc.png

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Game Boy cards!? (3/21/14)

UPDATE: I doubt any of you expected to see this kind of thing here. :p

blissey_fsc_zpsde0073f5.png
blissey_easter_promo__2_by_karite_kita_neko-d5zv74t.png

antimew_fsc_zps78ce8054.png
Antimew_Card_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

XLvoOWT.png
Alex__s_Sneasel_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.jpg
neo_redux_dunsparce_zps200eafe3.png

Pokémon Trading Card Game GB-style interpretations of some of my past fakes. I hope you like them!

EDIT: Well, technically, the Dunsparce is based on CMP's Neo Redux Dunsparce, but I did the artwork and spoiler!

Last edited:

Hey, that's a cool twist. I never knew you were so good with sprites. Thinking of doing any more of these?

Delta said:
Hey, that's a cool twist. I never knew you were so good with sprites. Thinking of doing any more of these?

I'd like to do more of them, though I'm not sure which artwork to do next. A good chunk of my work is vector-style and that's really awkward to do in this style unless the original pic is virtually monochromatic (I tried with my Alexpoke pic and failed miserably). Are there any particular cards of mine that you'd like to see done?

EDIT: Here's my Eevee card!

eevee_fsc_zpse56b0f40.png
eevee_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d70dvc1.png

EDIT 2: And my Azumarill!

azumarill_fsc_zps8b0a9890.png
azumarill_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d67xanm.png

RE: Neko's Random Cards: More Game Boy Cards! (4/1/14)

UPDATE: Here are some more TCG GB-style cards, this time featuring my icecream cat Fakemon Iscream, Youscream, and Wescream:

iscream_vs_youscream_zps050a1b7a.png
wescream_fsc_zpsdba6b36d.png
icat_thumbs_zps776ea25c.png

*Updated Ice symbols

Oh my god I love it. I've found my new favourite thing. Great job on...everything. The Pokemon and background looks awesome!

Delta said:
Oh my god I love it.

I'm glad you like it! :D

Delta said:
I've found my new favourite thing.

What would that be? TCG GB-style fakes? Ice cream cats?

Ice cream cats are pretty awesome. I love cats and ice cream, but I think these Fakemon are the only way I prefer them together. XD

Delta said:
Great job on...everything. The Pokemon and background looks awesome!

Thanks!

The TCG GB-style cards are definitely awesome. Can't believe I missed the last few designs. xP

Very impressive. Looking forward to seeing more GB-style works.

Ice Arceus said:
The TCG GB-style cards are definitely awesome. Can't believe I missed the last few designs. xP

Very impressive. Looking forward to seeing more GB-style works.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to making more. :)

- - -

UPDATE: Dunsparce-colored Mothim is love.

shiny_mothim_vs2_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d7cvvci.png

I'd imagine that there would be a Wormadam card (or cards) that could combo with this pretty well, but I doubt I'll make one. I may, however, make a non-Shiny version of this card with a different blank for this month's CAC.

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Mothim Mania (4/4/14)

UPDATE: Here's my entry for this month's CAC contest!

mothim_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d7cy72j.png

I also made another Shiny version:

shiny_mothim_fake_card__refractor_foil__by_karite_kita_neko-d7d0y0h.png

You made so much Mothims but none are GB-style, what makes me sad :(

All of them look sweet Aki.

Zygarde said:
You made so much Mothims but none are GB-style, what makes me sad :(

All of them look sweet Aki.

You were saying?

mothim_fsc_zps2aec925e.png

Thanks!

Hey, Neko!! Just wondering, can you make a BW Version of Player Switch and Kitty Cat? I used them with a friend of mine and were hilarious... until some point. XD I mean, Player switch is funny at the beginning, but the fact that it's shuffled back can create an infinite loop because you might draw it indefinitely and HAVE to play it. XDD Just a humble request.
TL;DR: BW/XY Balanced versions of Player Switch and Kitty Cat

Back