Media My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

It's not so much the wings that bother me, but her becoming a princess. Simply slapping wings on her changes very little, but becoming princess changes the entire dynamic of the show. That being said, I'm not too worried about it, there's some neat things they could do with this plot twist. One thing they could do is shift the focus to entirely new sets of characters for Season 4, while still giving the original Mane 6 significant roles in the storyline. For instance, Twilight could be the new Celestia and take on a student of her own. Rainbow Dash would be the public face of the Wonderbolts now instead of Spitfire. I think that could be an interesting direction for the series to head in that would keep the plot fresh by adding new characters with different personalities from what we've seen while allowing existing characters to get further development through new roles.

I really think we just need to wait and see what happens.

Best pony with wings? You cannot beat this. My body is ready.

I think that the show will remain almost exactly the same but with winged Twilight. that is my prediction.

Again, it's not just about Twilight gaining wings. If it was, I'd agree, that wouldn't affect the series that much. But she's also getting crowned a PRINCESS, and that has a much more significant effect. That would change the inherent dynamic of the show. The setting would likely be different, requiring her to live elsewhere (probably Canterlot). This would also mean that anypony who stays in Ponyville will appear less frequently if at all. Also, the series would be less relatable, it's no longer a simple slice of life show that focuses on the problems of everyday life but would show less ordinary problems, such as royal lifestyle and national concerns. Furthermore, it ruins the dynamic between Twilight and her friends, as her royal duties would get in the way of getting to spend time with them. And with the rest of her friends gradually getting closer to their own goals, this would get even more problematic. This is why something like this is better done for a series finale, when these types of problems aren't an issue, but since they're continuing on, that means that they're setting up for a significant change in the series. IDK if the series can ever be the same again after this is all over, for better or worse.

Anyway, what would you guys think if in Season 4 the Mane 6 were no longer the main characters but instead the series focused on a different set of characters, like the CMC or a completely new set of characters?

wait why does becoming a princess mean all of that

that sounds like pointless conjecture, especially since the staff have already said that she's not leaving her friends. you're assuming things about the universe of the show that haven't been explicitly discussed. we don't even know what she's princess of yet.

Zenith said:
wait why does becoming a princess mean all of that

that sounds like pointless conjecture, especially since the staff have already said that she's not leaving her friends. you're assuming things about the universe of the show that haven't been explicitly discussed. we don't even know what she's princess of yet.

Well she certainly won't be staying in Ponyville, that's Celestia and Luna's domain. So that means either one of two things is happening, either Twilight is taking the throne and Celestia and Luna are stepping down, or she is being crowned ruler of an entirely different country like Cadence. Either way, she can't stay in Ponyville since it's not a capital city.

And I didn't say that Twilight's friends wouldn't be around, but it's much harder for her to spend time with her friends with royal duties to take care of.

Guy, guys, it has been confirmed that Twilight will stay with her friends after she becomes an Alicorn, so shut up and enjoy the ride

It sounds like a nice twist but I hope the show continues how it is. It might change or it might just be how it is now and just 1 episode of Twilight being a Princess.

Extended finale synopsis:

In the special coronation episode "Magical Mystery Cure," Twilight Sparkle accidentally casts a spell that switches the Cutie Marks and destinies of all her friends, and the only way she can reverse the spell is by writing her own magic. Little does she know that by achieving this great accomplishment, she will fulfill her destiny and emerge a princess.

Gonna be interesting to see how they do this in 22 minutes.

PMJ said:
Extended finale synopsis:

In the special coronation episode "Magical Mystery Cure," Twilight Sparkle accidentally casts a spell that switches the Cutie Marks and destinies of all her friends, and the only way she can reverse the spell is by writing her own magic. Little does she know that by achieving this great accomplishment, she will fulfill her destiny and emerge a princess.

Gonna be interesting to see how they do this in 22 minutes.

>Implying that any moron with their own magic gets to be Prince/Princess.

As a matter of fact, we know such a moron (Blueblood).

Zenith said:
no, it's saying that she's inventing a spell. probably a big one, I assume.

Yeah, I know, I was sort of exaggerating anyway. It kind of does make the title of "princess" feel a bit less special, though, I mean, you could have like, 20 princesses at once or something.

Maybe inventing one's own magic unlocks an innate potential that isn't found in a typical unicorn, and Twilight happens to be one of the privileged few? We know of figures that are clearly accomplished in magic (e.g King Sombre, Starswirl the Bearded) who are not Alicorns.

She will probably become "guardian" of Ponyville. While Alicorns are typically allocated to larger settlements, Twilight is still a newbie.

Just occurred to me: Do you guys think we'll get a new intro for season four? Will they keep it as is? Change one little thing? Or revamp it altogether?

Man I didn't even think about the intro, it's got to change. Twilight replacing RD at the very first second?

PMJ said:
Just occurred to me: Do you guys think we'll get a new intro for season four? Will they keep it as is? Change one little thing? Or revamp it altogether?

They're pretty much going to have to, otherwise newcomers will question why Twilight doesn't have wings in the old intro.

I swear to god if Twilight has wings for more than this episode I will be mad...
I can't see her being even comparable to the rest of the characters, it doesn't feel right.

when was Twilight ever "equal" to the other characters? she's canonically one of the single most powerful unicorns ever.

But she still had things to learn, she may have been powerful but never could unlock her full potential, if this allows her to do that, what is the point of having a fourth season?

Back