Media My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

I don't really see much more they can do in terms of character development, though. There might be a few things like learning how to fly, learning how to manage her royal duties, etc, but in terms of learning about "the magic of friendship" and all that, I don't see what else they could possibly do with that.

Yeah, Twilight has a whole next level of studies to do! I kinda hope she keeps the wings. Wings can only make a pony sexier.

she will literally be the exact same character with wings and slightly more responsibility. that's it. that's my prediction.

Bolt the Cat said:
... That's the only reason you like the idea of alicorn Twilight, isn't it? More clopping material.

Actually, I don't like the idea. I would prefer that she stay grounded. But it's going to happen, so why not embrace it?

People really need to chill out about this. The producers aren't idiots, they're not going to bludgeon one of the most popular characters.

And there was me thinking the overall post quality of this thread would ascend in light of banning of Alaska and friends lol

Finch said:
People really need to chill out about this. The producers aren't idiots, they're not going to bludgeon one of the most popular characters.

And there was me thinking the overall post quality of this thread would ascend in light of banning of Alaska and friends lol

I agree with you because I was worried that they would somehow turn discord into a stupid character but I personally think they did a fantastic job of keeping still goofy despite that he has to use his powers for good, however, I'm worried that about what they could do with Twilight after she is an Alicorn because if she is to become royalty then I think the show will lose it's theme of "Friendship" is magic and instead become "Princesses" are magic or something like that, the only possible scenario that I could find is that Twilight finds herself struggling in between performing her royal duties and hanging out with her friends....

26 episodes confirmed for season 4 makes me say yay! *quietly*

PMJ said:
Bolt the Cat said:
... That's the only reason you like the idea of alicorn Twilight, isn't it? More clopping material.

Actually, I don't like the idea. I would prefer that she stay grounded. But it's going to happen, so why not embrace it?

When I first heard about the fact Twilight was going to become an alicorn, I facepalmed a little. I liked it when there were 2 unicorns, 2 pegasi and 2 earth ponies in the Mane 6.

Finch said:
you understand you're on pokebeach right

also, yay 26 episodes in Season 4! also, after this post please stop with baseless season finale conjecture. it's getting really annoying, thanks.

I liked the ties to "Just for Sidekicks" and I always love seeing Cadance and Shining Armor again but other than that I thought the episode was predictable and mediocre. most of the jokes fell flat and Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie both ended up being kind of annoying. probably Season 3's weakest.

Bolt the Cat said:
Anyone else notice they showed Rainbow Dash's father in the flashback?

Nothing ever stated that was her father, iirc. It could be her brother, grandfather, random rainbow-maned pegasus who kidnapped RD to go see the announcement, yada-yada-yada. (It's totally her father, it's just not official)

Cobalt said:
Nothing ever stated that was her father, iirc. It could be her brother, grandfather, random rainbow-maned pegasus who kidnapped RD to go see the announcement, yada-yada-yada. (It's totally her father, it's just not official)

Well if you want to get technical, but it's like, 99% certain it's her father.

By the way, M.A. Larson: Pretty sneaky, sir.

Fluttersnap.png
BCsllqrCcAAqj0G.png
Credit to EQD for posting these images in the Games Ponies Play Followup

Looks like we may be getting a spinoff series in between Seasons 3 and 4:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/02/mlp-spin-off-series-confirmed-rumor.html

I gotta say, I'm not liking the character designs. The skin tones make them look more anthro than human.

currently optimistic, especially since it won't be affecting the main series.

let's see if we can get a higher level of discussion about it in the community than Twilicorn got...oh, who am I kidding, bronies are unreasonable

Back