Media My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Tbh, I was slacking off on posting my opinions on stuff because I was fairly sure nobody would see it. :p

My thoughts on The Cutie Re-Mark (And speculation for Season 6):
My thoughts on the very first viewing were "Wow, this is the most screwed-up and dark thing MLP has ever done". I still think that multiple views later. My favorite universe was definitely the World War Sombra universe; it was awesome (and sorta depressing) to see what everypony was doing to give to the cause, especially Pinkie and Maud!

And Rarity in the Nightmare Moon universe dissing Spike...I have a feeling he may never look at her the same way ever again, even though it was an alternate reality.

I wouldn't be lying if I said that Starlight's backstory was lackluster and her reformation was a little rushed, but hey, they had a limited amount of time to work with so I'm willing to give it a pass. (Also, filly Starlight was so adorable! <3) Honestly, it opens the door to so many potential episodes for season 6. Maybe they can have an entire episode going more in-depth with Starlight's villain origin story, showing how she grew up pretty much in isolation and ending with her starting up her village. Also, an episode where Twilight and Starlight go on a wild goose chase through Canterlot in order to reunite and reconcile with Sunburst.

I'm also hoping to see more of Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon now that they're reformed.
Oh, and an episode with the birth of Cadance and Shining Armor's baby! I'm pretty hyped for that one!

Last edited:
SEASON 6 CONFIRMED TO BE RELEASED SPRING 2016!!!

Also: Cadance and Shining Armor's baby!!
Her name is Flurry Heart, btw.
Imo, she's adorabl-Aw who am I kidding? I'm laughing too hard at those massive freakin' wings! XD

Last edited:
I sure hope so too. What kind of episodes does everyone want to see in season 6?

The theme for this season is Explore Equestria and most of the merch released already is Manehattan themed, so we're most likely going to get at least a few episodes taking place there.

I'd really like to see what Fillydelphia, Las Pegasus and Hollow Shades look like. Those places are long overdue.

Also, I'm guessing most likely there will be a foalsitting episode with Princess Flurry Heart, probably with Twilight and/or Spike. Hopefully it won't be too similar to Baby Cakes. (I actually like that episode, btw.)

Sorry I'm late to discuss the Season 5 finale.

Season 5 was really good in fairness, in spite of a few bumps along the way.

I give Starlight Glimmer points for being a successful MLP villain to last an entire season. My only problem is that Starlight should have been punished for possibly creating a rift in space and time. Now that I think about it, her excuse wasn't really that convincing. It's kind of pushing it for the concept of redemption, where the key part is seemingly ignored. The key part is that redemption has to be EARNED! Sunset Shimmer understood this, and she was punished for her actions. Although the Humane 6 were willing to forgive her, the rest of Canterlot High did not, which was explored well enough in Rainbow Rocks. I loved Starlight as a villain, but getting off too easily and having a weak excuse for her actions is pushing it past the limit for me. I question how the show handles discipline nowadays. While it fortunately won't be hitting the depressing slump that Adventure Time experienced anytime soon, it does kind of run the risk of breaking important rules for strong storytelling in general.

Overall, I love this season for not just making Gilda and Diamond Tiara likable again, but for exploring a lot of emotional themes. Starlight's a good villain, but come on, it won't bite to discipline a villain that meddled with space and time.

Season 6 just premiered recently.

Pros:
+Starlight Glimmer's redemption is now a lot more flexible this time around.
+Sunburst is back!
+Princess Celestia actually does something for once.
+Spike has contributed a lot more to the plot than ever before.
+Flurry Heart is kind of cute.
+Starlight and Sunburst are on better terms now.
+Starlight is a lot more mature right now.
+Spike understanding how important it is for one to have their own personal space to make their own decisions.

Cons:
-No new villain this time around. (Given how polarizing Starlight Glimmer had been as a result of the Season 5 finale, I don't blame the writers for not wanting to include another villain for a while. We've had a good Season Premiere without a Big Bad before in Season 4.)
-A bit of potential is wasted for the effects of Flurry Heart's powers.
-The pacing seemed a little tricky to comprehend.

Regardless, this was a good premiere to a potentially good season. The big movie has got to be right around the corner at this point, but I personally think that we have at least one more Equestria Girls movie to come in order to get things ready for a potential Grand Finale that is the 2017 movie. Whenever or not it might be successful, it might just move the series onto Generation 5, in my opinion.

Kind of a meh episode, I can't put my finger on why though. It just seemed kinda... dull. Starlight reuniting with Sunburst was nice, but that's about all I liked about it.

Also, they didn't really explain what the crystaller's role is that well.

From my understanding, the crystaller's role is merely to perform the ceremony. But at the end Sunburst mentions that it's a long term role. Why? What else is he doing? Is it the crystal pony equivalent of a godparent?

I'll agree that this season premiere was not as amazing as previous ones, it was a little more subdued. But they did do a lot of different things with this one which was pretty cool.

* No actual villain contributed to the conflict, it was completely accidental. (Unlike in Princess Twilight Sparkle, the Plunderseed vines were planted by Discord.)
* A full blown A plot and B plot that merged together at the end. There was kind of a B plot in the season 3 premiere with the stuff going on at the Crystal Faire, but that was about it.
* Once again, the Mane 6 did not save the day, it was Sunburst!

Also...
* Twilight and Shining's parents spoke!
* Spike and Starlight have really great chemistry, reminds me of pre-alicorn Twilight.
* Flurry Heart's antics and sleep deprived Shining Armor were pretty funny.
* Look very closely at the background in the last few seconds. Something's flying toward the Crystal Empire...perhaps a changeling?

Last edited:
They recently revealed the official logo for the MLP movie!
FINAL_LOGO_Merged.jpg

We've been given a ton of new information from the SDCC recently regarding the remainder of Season 6.

1. Josh Haber wrote the season finale.
Since he is a core writer in Starlight Glimmer's redemption episodes, it only makes sense if he wrote the finale to finish what he has started.

2. Twilight at the Wonderbolt Academy
I reckon this is to solve a friendship problem. Return of Lightning Dust, maybe? Probability of that's rather low, though.

3. Rarity's episode revolving around "differing opinions".
This may have something to do with the success of her boutique.

4. Pony zombies confirmed.
Definitely a part of 28 Pranks Later. Would be another fun addition to Halloween-themed animation this year.

5. Spike gets his own song.
It's in the upcoming Changeling episode. The song would most definitely feature Kevin, the supposed name Spike has given to the lone Changeling.

6. Cheese Sandwich's return.
Would be great to see Weird Al again in a good show, in spite of it losing some fans lately.

7. More CMC episodes confirmed.
I reckon this will involve Diamond Tiara somewhere along the line. She might learn more about friendship, no doubt about it.

8. No Power Ponies episode planned.
Should one be finally made, I hope it has better writers in charge to make the experience even more engaging.

9. Celestia's big "maybe" by Megan.
Probably regarding Princess Celestia having her own episode, or at the very least, is the main star of the episode.

10. William Shatner guest appearance.
A quick look at Wikipedia states that he is a Star Trek actor. Would make a really good foil for Discord to contrast his zany and chaotic nature. Maybe another member of his species, perhaps?

11. Starlight Glimmer earning Twilight's throne.
This is probably the premise of the season finale.

12. More Rainbow Dash songs.
Yes, a thousand times. Here's hoping that they shall me memorable.

13. Sunset Shimmer's possible comeback to Equestria.
Not 100% guaranteed, but I would definitely appreciate this in order to wrap up the entire series. Would be reasonable on the creative spectrum, since I've heard that sales on EG merchandise has noticeably declined at some point.

10. William Shatner guest appearance.
A quick look at Wikipedia states that he is a Star Trek actor. Would make a really good foil for Discord to contrast his zany and chaotic nature. Maybe another member of his species, perhaps?

I'm sorry, what?

You mean... you had to actually look up William Shatner to know he was Captain Kirk?

I...

Uh...

Am... am I that old? have we reached the point in time when knowing Captain Kirk isn't a universal rule of pop culture anymore?
This is depressing.

Might as well talk about the Season 6 finale.

It was certainly a delight to see Starlight develop the ability to lead an entire team with two beloved reformed baddies from the past, despite their continuous banter and fighting. Discord and Trixie certainly contrasted each other effectively.

It was even better to see Queen Chrysalis make her return. Both she and her army have become even more competent the last time we've seen of them. Although I do question the writers' decision to make all of Equestria's strongest authority figures that easy to capture.

I'm kind of mixed on the new Changeling designs, but at least I can buy their equivalent to evolution. I do wish for a slightly better and less blinding colour scheme, though, from time to time.

Starlight, Trixie, Thorax, Discord, and Chrysalis were the finale's biggest highlights worth writing home about, in my opinion.

Pros:
+Starlight Glimmer's development.
+Trixie's comeback and contribution to the plot.
+Discord being as entertaining as I remember.
+Thorax's evolution, both as a character and in appearance.
+The return of the Changelings and their leader, who will most likely be the show's overarching Big Bad by the looks of it.
+No songs to solve a complex conflict.

Cons:
-There is no way that a government or monarchy should be that easy to abduct overnight.
-The Changeling's evolutions, while having some neat designs of various insects, should tone down on the saturated colour scheme.
-If Changelings are meant to be MLP's equivalent to Muslims, I don't think all of them abandoning their hostile intentions that quickly would fly in the rules of good storytelling.

Although I really found this season underwhelming, and I have developed some issues with it (Such as resolving conflict with too many songs), it still manages to deliver some great content to the table.

Last edited:
Back