Media My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

I really liked when Spoke and Applejack met up in the most recent installment of milp:film. I can't believe Spike ACTUALLY thinks that! also I'd like to point out there was a lot of sexual tension sexual tension between Spike and Applejack. Jessayin. AJ is the new Rarity?

Timberwolves suck.

You know, I really gotta agree with PMJ when he says that the episode was poor because it didn't have a moral/message. It's actually kind of amazing how much substance the episode lacked because of that. I didn't like the episode, but it also indirectly pointed out to me why I think it's a strong show.

Okay so my friends and I have had a theory for a little while that we tested today.
fc539846.png

This is the album cover for (iii) by Crystal Castles, which released on the same day as The Crystal Empire. In the Crystal Empire they go in to an actual crystal castle, and the two episodes combined (minus the intro) are about the same length as the album. So today Vulpix Yolk and I watched the episode silenced with the album playing and it matched up pretty well. At the beginning it's not so great but the vibes of the album match the scene, but as soon as PC starts explaining the whole crystal empire thing the music is perfect, then the song gets a lot quieter when she stops explaining, and picks up again at the exact moment PC's eyes flash. It continues to do stuff like that for the next twenty minutes or so, and then it gets less synched up, but the vibe of Crystal Castles continues to match the episode. Also the second song was synched up better than a lot of pmv's I've seen, or it was for us.
EDIT:
Also, (iii), their third album, premier of season 3

seems like a coincidence, especially if they released on the same day. you can pull that same trick with almost any album/film combo as long as you believe it will work

well yeah we would never actually seriously make a conspiracy theory conspiracy theories are ridiculous
but got dang this one one hell of a coincidence

episode 12 summary!

Episode Title: Games Ponies Play
Air Date: February 9, 2013
Synopsis: Princess Cadance invites Twilight and her friends to welcome the important Equestria Games inspector.

also, remember that ponies resume next Saturday (1/19)

will watch later

PONIES THIS WEEKEND

IS EVERYONE EXCITE???

I am. :>

Zenith said:
people are really angry about a certain rumor and I'm not quite sure why?

Are you talking about
a certain magical element sprouting wings?
Don't click the above spoiler unless you're Zenith or are already in the know...

I tried to watch the My Little Dashie thing but I didn't like the narrator's voice. Firefox crashed on me about five or six minutes in and I never loaded it again. meh

ANYWAY PONIES IN A FEW HOURS SO I'll be back to this thread after my girlfriend and I have watched it together.

NEW EPISODE DISCUSSION!
Believe it or not, I have not much to say to this one, so I'll let a quote from SaberSpark from Facebook tell my opinion.
SaberSpark said:
If Hitler just had a friend, World War II woudn't have happened. Right, Discord?

Next weeks episode: Queen Chrysalis returns to tell the Mane 6, "sorry for trying to take over the world and stuff." Then they play Xbox.

Yeah I wasn't really much of a fan of this episode, but it was definitely refreshing to see Fluttershy lead the episode rather than hide and squeak the whole time.

Presumably Discord will become a key plot device later on in the season, as otherwise the writers could have just shoved in any awkward/disobedient character to the same effect. I prefer Discord as a villian and his turn around to good was way too quick and easy. Ah well :I

Fluttershy was really cool though, I take back what I said earlier about zero character development.

Agreed. I am also curious as to how the heck Celestia thinks she can use Discord's magic for good considering that his magic has almost no practical uses (except for fixing lamps I guess? I wonder how long before someone makes a Discord lamp...). I guess there's always season four.

I really liked this one. sorry you guys didn't ):

also Discord's magic is that he can literally do anything he wants? I'm not sure how that could not have practical uses.

Yeah, but everything we've seen him do involves bizarre transformations and nothing good (except the lamp and when he undid everything the possessed beavers did) has ever come from it

I enjoyed the episode for the most part. It really showed Fluttershy's growth. The only thing that I didn't like is how they reformed Discord. Discord just isn't a character that can truly be reformed. Besides, I don't understand what Celestia could do with chaos magic. I mean, it's chaos, there's pretty much no really good way to use chaos.

bacon said:
Presumably Discord will become a key plot device later on in the season, as otherwise the writers could have just shoved in any awkward/disobedient character to the same effect. I prefer Discord as a villian and his turn around to good was way too quick and easy. Ah well :I

Pretty much this, I have a feeling he's going to have a major role to play in the Season Finale or a future Season Premiere or Finale. Also, for those that are worried about Discord turning good too quickly, take note that he mentioned under his breath that he's done making mischief most of the time. There's room for multiple interpretations there. Anyway, I too am curious what exactly Celestia wants Discord for. But I have to say, I'm loving that Celestia has ulterior motives this season.
Presumably that she wants Twilight as her successor if the rumors are true, but still, I like how sneaky and secretive she is now.

I watched Keep Calm and Flutter On With Vulpix Yolk and Juukmilk. I don't think I wanted to watch this but I did so here is my synopsis. Also I watched the whole thing with this song on repeat

I was really confused why Discord was crying in the beginning. Everything was a winter wonderland and it was really weird. It then showed beavers destroying a damn to clear apple sonas farm. good fun for the family when they made it back to Fluttershy's house where rainbow boosh fought out of submission from those candles (kind of a turn on). they exited on a red carpet to (for fun reasons) walk home. Discord continued to try and be friend his crush (fluttershy) by spinning her house. He was really tired so decided to lie down on the sofa and "chillax". This is where it got really weird and dishonest (due to the mane 6 being funky). They used there gypsy powers given to them from friend ship and celestia. rainbows stared descending from twilight sparkle and went around charecters such as pinkie pie. It ended with them encasing discord in gypsy concrete. Everyone then cheered as celestia rode in on a sleigh and flew towards discord.

My thoughts:
This episode was really aimed towards turning people on. (Lot of butt close ups from rainboosh dash and fluttershy) It was really cute though. I think?

Really mean that they screwed discord over in the end as he is now encased in gypsy concrete.

Overall a decent episode, it showed how the mane 6 can be really cruel at times.

I like discord.

Back