Monday, 8/6, Scroll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burninating_Torchic

Aspiring Trainer
Mr. Kirby said:
did you ask him about the japenese SD? he hasnt denied it yet.

Yes. He told me to post it in the thread (Since he has a policy against answering questions about the riddle in IM), which I did.
If he doesn't reply to it in the thread, that obviously means that it is, in fact, an SD.
Frankly, I don't know what else it COULD be about. It makes perfect sense as being about an SD - the problem is, we don't know what's in it.

Burninating_Torchic

Aspiring Trainer
Water Pokémon Master said:
Or what the message is saying to people!

:x

"Prepare for this SD"
"Play this SD"
"Throw this SD off the roof"

My money's on the third one.
Anyways, I won't be back on the computer until after Hawaii, unless I get access to someone else's computer there.
Hope someone figures it out in time and informs people that are in Hawaii!
=P

Master of the Six Kings

I IZ GENIUS!
SomeRandomPerson said:
Is this some prediction for the end of the world?

For some people who play this game as their life, yes.

A secret deck could end Pokemon? I don't think so.
We keep trying to figure out what card the firedrake/basset of no color are in terms of cards. Then he said we were straying heaily. Try focusing on the message, with the above quotes in mind.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
You guys focus too much on the firedrake and baset and not the MAIN THING! XD

I probably did not make this clear enough in the original riddle, but those aren't even really the "main" things, and are more "optional" if anything. However, they can be something by themselves. I should had made that section a little longer to explain what I really meant.

Master of the Six Kings

I IZ GENIUS!
Okay, since it didn't work the first time, I'll try again. Hot and Cold game. First Statement:
The Firdrake and Basset of no color are not talking about Pokemon Cards.

Mr. Kirby

I suck in a good way!
i dont mean to mess up your game, sorry. i posted right after so i deleted the whole message. i will post it after WPM's answer.
The Firedrake and Bastet of no color are not talking about pokemon cards.

Mr. Kirby

I suck in a good way!
um... guess that didnt work.

What i was going to say was that the "main" things would be "the 6th one" and the arabian bird.

butlerforhire

Custom User Title!
I think you guys should think less about birds and more about America, Japan, Worlds, where Worlds occurs, where it might occur in the future, etc.. I dissected the whole riddle in my post, and even if the conclusions I came to are wrong, you might as well discuss them. These other roads you're going down don't seem to be taking you very far, and I'm personally kind of interested in getting to the bottom of this riddle.

IchimaruGin

Aspiring Trainer
"the prospicient volition of their final designs will marshal two great powers - both of a volcanic, fiery passion "
Just the 1st of the fire related metaphors. Related to Hawaii, which was made by volcanoes, but may also mean that the decks will be mainly fire typed(going by the many deck-themed replies)?

"may be reborn as the Arabian bird"
I feel the Arabian bird has been over analyzed and that WPM only wanted to say something is going to reborn. Why Arabian bird instead of Phoenix? Perhaps to mislead us and sound more poetic.

"coming prognostication is not ascertained,"
I think this is what the riddle is all about. It is going to be some kind of news. Prognostication means prophecy. Ascertaining it then, would be what we are trying to do now(decoding the message)

"the foemen will muster arms never previously experienced by this domain... one no alike eyes can fathom"
Foemen are enemies in war, as this riddle refers to Worlds, and WPM is probably an American, this would refer to the Japanese, their biggest rivals? If we do not figure this out, then the enemies will have a weapon(a new deck, new rulings we do not yet know?) that we have not seen before.

"The sixth one, in complete strategic alignment with the firedrake and bastet of no color, or, to a more destructive degree, in the exclusive solitude of only its own kind."
Sixth...the sixth round, the sixth player in worlds 2004? I think that the firedrake and bastet means that this deck, or news or whatever, will be as good, or as groundbreaking as this 2, guess by others to be fire type+catty. But not the firedrake and bastet itself.

Mr. Kirby

I suck in a good way!
Burninating_Torchic said:
Mr. Kirby said:
did you ask him about the japenese SD? he hasnt denied it yet.

Yes. He told me to post it in the thread (Since he has a policy against answering questions about the riddle in IM), which I did.
If he doesn't reply to it in the thread, that obviously means that it is, in fact, an SD.
Frankly, I don't know what else it COULD be about. It makes perfect sense as being about an SD - the problem is, we don't know what's in it.

That is why we focus on whats in the deck. If you look back to the conversation (kinda) that burninating torchic and I had, you realize that it is a Japanese SD, since WPM isnt denying it. The botom of the riddle is the SD.

butlerforhire

Custom User Title!
Or what the message is saying to people!

:x

This is what WPM said right after the post you just quoted. I think that is a roundabout way of saying that you guys still misunderstand the message, this purported secret deck doesn't exist, and even if it did, it is not the bottom of the riddle.

By the way, I also had a conversation on AIM with WPM and... I'm pretty confident my post is much closer to the answer than this secret deck thing. Why would such a big fuss be being made over a rumored secret deck anyway? Why would WPM get so cryptic and elaborate and involved over something as miniscule and unsubstantiated as that in the grand scheme of this game and Worlds?

IchimaruGin

Aspiring Trainer
I think butler's answer is the one that satisfies me the most. It may be right, or wrong, but it's still the most complete and logical reply to the thread.

IchimaruGin

Aspiring Trainer
Sweet! Hmm...the sixth is wrong?
Hmm...we need clues!

I'm gonna follow other people, and that is to break the paragraphs into chunks. I was also a bit skeptical over the deck idea, but it seems WPM finds no problem with it.

"reclaiming what they mislaid to our home a time ago"
Ok this is more of guessing than inference, but, reclaiming is to reuse, or reform. So, if it is a deck, then it was a deck that traveled to America a while back, then the Americans started using it, and now the Japanese are using this old deck again.

For the reforming definition then, it would mean that it was a deck idea that they leaked out, and then are now tweaking it and using it.

For the mislaid term, it could mean that the deck was accidentally leaked out at Worlds, or that they discussed at the event before forgetting about it, only now to revisit the idea again.

"The sixth one, in complete strategic alignment with the firedrake and bastet of no color, or, to a more destructive degree, in the exclusive solitude of only its own kind."

Looking at it again, it means that the the sixth is more dangerous with its own kind. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that it means that this deck can be a mono deck. So it has variants, one with the firedrake and bastet, and with its own kind(line).

R

Ruby386ex

As my first message, I want to make a good impression and show that I know what's going on!
It's a random guess, but I believe the news is about Ho-oh - gold and silver version remakes. It means of the six stages of Pokemon; Ho-oh and Lugia being two birds, of which Nintendo cannot quell popularity for. And the idea of Hawaii and volcanoes - Hawaii keeps expanding due to volcanoes, G&S will be remade with more features! Perhaps even new pokemon. Only one of its kind being one per game. Two contenders - always a clash between whose better out of the birds. (I prefer Ho-oh's battling, but Lugia in looks!).
I'm sorry my message is a bit scrambled, but is the idea right?:)
Also, it could instead be about cards. Did you notice for example the Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur in the picture of Dialga's new card set? Being popular, H&L could easily come back!

Unfallible

im more perfecter then u :P
At the time when the two great forces converge to clash among the umpteen lands, the prospicient volition of their final designs will marshal two great powers - both of a volcanic, fiery passion - both produced under the tutelage of two contenders seeking utter, fervid supremacy over each other.

The sixth one and its possessors may be reborn as the Arabian bird so often has, reclaiming what they mislaid to our home a time ago; the province of the current keepers must entail exposing the significance of such a scroll.

If this coming prognostication is not ascertained, the foemen will muster arms never previously experienced by this domain... one no alike eyes can fathom... The sixth one or, to a more destructive degree, in the exclusive solitude of only its own kind.

Okay, let's see if this helps. Try solving that instead. Also more phonix reseach. The phoenix flies around the world. When it knows that it is dying it builds itself a funeral pyre and sing a wonderful song while the sunrise sets it on fire. The pyre is also burned up. Then a new phoenix is rebourn and brings the ashes in up it's wings. It flies surrounded by a vast array of other birds, and brings the ashes to the City of the Son, Heliopolus. Then it flies the world. That could make Japan the sixth, with it's exclusive release dates. It is more destructive than the rest of the world. WPM is not certain, but he does think that Japan will win the Worlds. Our domain has not experienced the cards that Japan uses. Am I correct?

Firemaker

FC 4639-6252-3385
Me Last Post said:
You guys are crazy. The Bastet of No color would most likely be a Persain, not a frickin' Delcatty. Persain is whiter and more colorless.

At the time when the two great forces converge to clash among the umpteen lands, the prospicient volition of their final designs will marshal two great powers - both of a volcanic, fiery passion - both produced under the tutelage of two contenders seeking utter, fervid supremacy over each other.

The two winners that go to the finals coming from different places, ... they will have a strong passion and they want to beat the other

Thats all I got

Second Paragraph- Something is the 6th one. It is possessed or owned by someone or something else, possibly a country, like Japan. The thing dies, or the possessor does, or maybe the connection. But now this death is reborn, like an arabian bird, a pheonix. So the death is reborn from ashes, like a pheonix would.

They will get back what they had mistakingly placed in our home, possibly symbolizing America. So, in order to keep it, the owners of the thing they misplaced must reveal the importance of the scroll, so we know why it is important.

Honestly, I'm trying to put it into Layman terms because for me it is too hard to decipher.

Status
Not open for further replies.