Monday, 8/6, Scroll

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Location - Orlando looks pretty nice in the summertime, don't you think? I just hope global warming isn't stronger next year, and that the sun stays out all day, all summer, with no hurricanes. ;)

Now do this not seem completely random? It probably has something to do with something. Also, WPM said something about Hawii people being able to figure this out, so try to contact Everyone who you now lives in Hawii

Master of the six kings said:
A Location - Orlando looks pretty nice in the summertime, don't you think? I just hope global warming isn't stronger next year, and that the sun stays out all day, all summer, with no hurricanes. ;)

Now do this not seem completely random? It probably has something to do with something. Also, WPM said something about Hawii people being able to figure this out, so try to contact Everyone who you now lives in Hawii

The orlando thing is the location of Worlds 08.
I'd say its completely unrelated to this riddle.

Nothing in today's update is related to this riddle (in terms of news). Monday's post is all that has to do with anything for this thread.

I don't see you trying to solve anything. At least other people have made an honest attempt.

Firedrake, in Teutonic mythology, is a fire-breathing reptilian creature, occasionally winged. It is much like the dragon.

That is from wikipedia. perhaps the "Firedrake" doesnt have wings.
Burninating_Torchic said:
If it helps, the term "Arabian Bird" is mentioned in Act III, Scene 2 of Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra.

Could you explain this more? due to the hint from WPM. could you show us the page? or do you have one of the books with footnotes at the bottem?

The way I interpreted WPM's riddle is that the two forces being spoken of are America and Japan, and that if a Japanese player wins Worlds, or maybe just if the creators/people who control all things Pokemon (many of whom are supposed to be attending the event, correct?) feel like it, or if the American turn-out is unsatisfactory (lower numbers/less interest that expected/desired), then Worlds 2008 will be held in Japan and not in America, and that Japan will effectively seize control of Pokemon organized play. I think the 'sixth one' is referring to THIS year's Worlds, because from what I gather the event debuted in 2002. That makes 2007 the sixth year Pokemon has had a Worlds event. The line about the sixth, and its possessors('possessors' possibly being the ones who win the event, or the ones who gave us the game and thus paved the way for the event, which would obviously be Japan), being reborn and reclaiming what they mislaid to our home (America-- the home of Worlds since its inception) deals with the Japanese possibly taking Worlds over to their turf next year depending on how this year's Worlds plays out. This also ties in with the very last line, which once again mentions the sixth one and "the exclusive solitude of only its own kind", which would be a way of saying that Worlds will be in Japan next year and that they will have a lot more influence on the TCG and organized play the world over. Ascertaining the prognostication is just a fancy way of saying we can possibly do something about it if we can just recognize the problem, ie. have an American win at Worlds, or get more people go to Worlds to impress the Japanese notetakers in attendance. I think all the esoteric diction and grandiose overstatement (the riddle makes it seem like something epic and earth-shattering is at hand) is just meant to be humbled, broken down and decoded (well, it obviously needs to be decoded because it's a riddle, but you know what I mean), and the allusions to legendary Pokemon are essentially red herrings. I don't imagine the answer to the riddle has anything to do with upcoming sets or promo cards or Ho-oh or Lugia or any other particular Pokemon.

Or I could be dead wrong.

Whatever the case, you've got to tip your hat to WPM. He has a way of stirring these boards up.

heh heh, funny monkey ()00()
---
Well, all is lost now. If we do not figure it out before tommarrow, then this deck will smash though the tournament.

Mr. Kirby said:
Firedrake, in Teutonic mythology, is a fire-breathing reptilian creature, occasionally winged. It is much like the dragon.

That is from wikipedia. perhaps the "Firedrake" doesnt have wings.
Burninating_Torchic said:
If it helps, the term "Arabian Bird" is mentioned in Act III, Scene 2 of Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra.

Could you explain this more? due to the hint from WPM. could you show us the page? or do you have one of the books with footnotes at the bottem?

BAH! When I edited my post, it cut off a good chunk of the post.
I had put the line there.
“O Antony! thou Arabian bird!”

It also edited off my direct question to WPM:
Does the riddle have something to do with the secret deck of Japan (Or any other Non-US country)?

so, is thta a compliment or insult? or neither. i havent read the book, but I am familiar with some of shakespeare's work.

Mr. Kirby said:
so, is thta a compliment or insult? or neither. i havent read the book, but I am familiar with some of shakespeare's work.

Compliment; on the page where I found that line it said that "arabian bird" refers to a phoenix, or, in the case of the passage, a beautiful man, or something like that.

Anyways, I forgot about it, but WPM told me via IM one more hint:

"Look at what I have said is wrong, and look at what I have not replied to."

He also said that his post did NOT mean that people in hawaii will have a better chance of figuring out the riddle; he meant that it would be good for them to know the answer, because it's important-ish to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back