Minor Notices & Staff Changes Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working on it. Browsing the forum normally instead of using New Posts is a good option you can do until I get it figured out. Yesterday the forum actually was quite dead in terms of the number of new posts. We had just over 300.

You can now view the 15 most recent threads on the index. I made it scrollable so it doesn't take up a huge amount of space.

Is there really a need for it when there's a link at the top of the page?

The thing at the end of the index does the exact same thing that View New Posts does.

We'll look into a way to minimize it to keep it out of people's way, but we thought this was a necessary addition so people can see recent discussions easily.

Shining Raikou said:
We'll look into a way to minimize it to keep it out of people's way, but we thought this was a necessary addition so people can see recent discussions easily.

I guess that's better, but it still doesn't change the fact it's at the top of the page as a link.

Just stating the obvious. This thread is for "Minor Notices & Staff Changes Thread", not for problems. Those can be posted in http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-have-a-simple-forum-question-ask-here

Thank you for your cooperation.

Shining Raikou said:

I managed to get it collapsible by using jQuery since that is much easier than plain javascript.

King Arceus said:
Shining Raikou said:

I managed to get it collapsible by using jQuery since that is much easier than plain javascript.

Yup, there it goes. The only thing that's a throw-off is that when moving the mouse over Show/Hide, it still shows as the text-selector cursor, but clicking it still does what it's intended to do.

Then there's a really tiny scroller right below it even though it's hidden, like this:
^
v

but I'll live; at least I don't have to see the Recent Threads block in my way.

EDIT: Nope, it unhides itself every time I go back to the Index page. >_<

The scrollbar has been changed to Poke Balls for the browsers that support it. Certain browsers don't accept it since it isn't a web standard.

I think it looks kind of tacky :x

Maybe instead you could have the normal scroll bar, but colored light blue or tan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back