XY Mega Pokémon: Which Pokémon Would You Like To See With A Mega Evolution?

RE: How do you feel about the revealed Mega Pokémon and which new Mega Pokémon are you hoping to see?

I feel like Druddigon could get a Mega Evolution because its like the Unova equivalent (kind of, not really, but just as qualified) of Absol. Boost its attack and make it look more like a European dragon, and BAM Mega Druddigon.

RE: How do you feel about the revealed Mega Pokémon and which new Mega Pokémon are you hoping to see?

I wonder how shinyness will be represented in Mega Evolutions. Will they just remove the shiny colouration from it while it changes forms, or make it look like the original form's shiny colouration? I could see the latter working for most of them, but Blaziken would be a bit different since it does get a significant colour change. And maybe Lucario to a lesser extent.

Also, I would love to see Tropius get a mega form. Its stats are less than impressive but it has such a worthwhile design. Maybe boost its speed and make it more streamlined? Or perhaps give both of its attack stats a significant boost and maybe replace flying with dragon typing? There is so much that could be done with it.

Here's something I've been wondering about Mega Evos...

So far, a number of Mega Evos are said to specialize in a specific stat, like Mewtwo in SP ATK, and Mawile in DEF and SP DEF, but do they only receive a boost in these specific stats, or do they make like a regular evolution and get boosts all around, with these specific stats getting the best boosts?

I'm hoping the latter, since it'd be odd to call them an evolution only for one or two stats to see any changes... not to mention several of the Pokemon confirmed to be getting Mega Evos could really use a boost in more than just the stats they are said to specialize in.

桜Knight said:
I am looking really forward to these Mega pokemon, because according the X and Y website:"Mega Stones seem to be hidden in secret places in the Kalos region. Finding every one of them will be one of the challenges awaiting you in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y!" I enjoy a great treasure hunt!

That's no different than having to find evolution items and incenses in past generations.

Bolt the Cat said:
桜Knight said:
I am looking really forward to these Mega pokemon, because according the X and Y website:"Mega Stones seem to be hidden in secret places in the Kalos region. Finding every one of them will be one of the challenges awaiting you in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y!" I enjoy a great treasure hunt!

That's no different than having to find evolution items and incenses in past generations.

That may be so, but this is a whole new kind of experience, like the past games I may be trying to find an evolution item. But to me, mega stones are like finding a key to unleash a Pokemon's true power. Something much more sought after. I am really going to enjoy this new experience of mega Pokemon.

Even though (most of?) the Mega Stones can be found post-game, does the Pokémon itself have to have specific requirements in order to achieve its Mega Evolution? The Torchic that will be distributed will have its rare DW ability Speed Boost, but does it work on a normal Torchic? I don't think GameFreak made a comment about this. So even if the majority of the stones can be found in-game, the Pokémon needed for the Mega Evolution might all end up being Wi-Fi exclusive.

Pokequaza said:
Even though (most of?) the Mega Stones can be found post-game, does the Pokémon itself have to have specific requirements in order to achieve its Mega Evolution? The Torchic that will be distributed will have its rare DW ability Speed Boost, but does it work on a normal Torchic? I don't think GameFreak made a comment about this. So even if the majority of the stones can be found in-game, the Pokémon needed for the Mega Evolution might all end up being Wi-Fi exclusive.

As of right now its still a mystery how these Pokemon mega evolve. According to the official Pokemon X and Y website: "Only certain Pokémon, under certain conditions, can achieve Mega Evolution. One of those conditions is a special item called a Mega Stone." To me I don't think they are all going to be Wi-Fi Pokemon, after all "certain conditions" is very vague. It could mean many things such as: friendship, certain stats, or health level, or even level of the Pokemon, or even gender, or even ID.

I can see them giving Drought/Drizzle/Sandstream/Snow Warning to some pokemon for their Mega formes.

You wouldn't throw the desired weather immediately on the field, but when you do take the effort it stays there. Except for Politoed and co being easier options, this would still be an amazing option for weather teams.

Mega Blastoise / Drizzle
Mega Ludicolo / Drizzle
Mega Bellossom / Drought
Mega Sunflora / Drought (Grass/Fire)
Mega Meganium / Drought
Mega Volcarona / Drought
Mega Flygon / Sandstream (probably won't happen though)
Mega Glalie / Snow Warning
Mega Vanilluxe / Snow Warning

Pokequaza said:

I'm confident giving any Blaziken the Blazikenite and meeting the other yet unexplained requirement will work.
They already made Blaziken OP when they gave it the Hidden ability, meaning it's mega evolution couldn't top that...hence why they combined the two by promoting its mega forme along with the yet unreleased ability.
Its why they chose Blaziken. Because Mudkip has Damp and Cyndaquil Flash Fire... (altho they could simply make any of the lame hidden abilities change into something more broken for the mega forme than what the regular ones will get)

IMO the interesting question is whether the regular Blaziken will keep its ability as Mega (Blaze) or gain yet a different ability like the rest of Mega examples.

Pokemon I'd like to see with Mega forms and what they could do with them:

PARASECT - pure grass type. The fungus has finally taken over and replaced the bug. Not sure how it could look, but with fewer weaknesses it'd be a great boost to one of my favorite pokemon, and they could up its defensive stats while they're at it.

SHEDINJA - a mega form that loses wonder guard, but gains a ton of HP. Tricky to get out since the non-mega could still be destroyed by an entry hazard or weather, but they could make up for it with other boosted stats.

SHUCKLE - evens out its stats to be a nice rounded battler. Possible new move allowing it to *undo* mega form if you want to go back to being a durable wall?

Garbodor, Weezing and Muk - poison/ground, poison/flying and poison/water, respectively, reflecting the themes they already display. Would be awesome if they had a new poison-themed weather ability unique to just these three megas.

DITTO - loses transform, gains a new sweeper-like moveset and a unique new design. Ditto's "true" form?

UNOWN - multiplies into many Unown (floating in a ring or some such? The entire Unown alphabet?), gains some moves in addition to hidden power, which itself gets a major boost.

DUNSPARCE - no gameplay ideas here, but I'd love if Dunsparce got an unbelievably HUGE mega. A Wailord-sized Tsuchinoko.

Honestly I don't see the point in mega evolutions right now. Mawile absol and lucario's could've been a regular evolution. Mewtwo did not need anything it still is an awesome pokemon without it. Ampharos could've just gained the dragon type and more moves. Blaziken didn't need a boost at all. Kangaskhan is the only one im not too sure about. If I use one it will be megamawile.

I kinda want to see Togekiss get a Mega Evolution. I feel like they could take away its cute design and make it more angry looking, maybe change its type to fairy/flying or fighting/flying :)

Ohman177 said:
Have you seen the demo of latias? They could bring that back as a mega if they felt like it.

Not really. At the time, Latias and Blaziken were the same Pokemon. Since Blaziken and Latias are separate Pokemon now, I don't think that concept art will be touched upon in the franchise again.

Mitja said:
I'm confident giving any Blaziken the Blazikenite and meeting the other yet unexplained requirement will work.
They already made Blaziken OP when they gave it the Hidden ability, meaning it's mega evolution couldn't top that...hence why they combined the two by promoting its mega forme along with the yet unreleased ability.
Its why they chose Blaziken. Because Mudkip has Damp and Cyndaquil Flash Fire... (altho they could simply make any of the lame hidden abilities change into something more broken for the mega forme than what the regular ones will get)

IMO the interesting question is whether the regular Blaziken will keep its ability as Mega (Blaze) or gain yet a different ability like the rest of Mega examples.

I'm sure Blaze Blaziken will gain Speed Boost upon Mega Evolution, just like how Mawile gets Huge Power, Lucario gets Adaptability, or Absol gets Magic Bounce.

is it just me or was Mega Ampharos being Electric/Dragon predetermined from the beginning. Just take a look at all the TCG sets themed around Dragons, Ampharos has been in each one. This is just a personal theory

Ex Dragons, Ex Dragon Frontier, BW Dragons Exalted

Bogleech said:
DUNSPARCE - no gameplay ideas here, but I'd love if Dunsparce got an unbelievably HUGE mega. A Wailord-sized Tsuchinoko.

Obviously not all of the standalones can gain an evolution, but above all, Dunsparce is one I just hope will have a normal evolution. And to go with that, I hope that evolution will be Normal/Dragon. That would be sick.

THEN maybe they could give its evolution a mega, though I don't see that happening.

On an unrelated note, how about Mega Pangoro, Mega Sawk, and Mega Throh?

4te said:
is it just me or was Mega Ampharos being Electric/Dragon predetermined from the beginning. Just take a look at all the TCG sets themed around Dragons, Ampharos has been in each one. This is just a personal theory

Well, it's Japanese name literally translates to "Electric Dragon", so it makes sense it'd show up amongst dragon-themed sets, even if it isn't a Dragon-type (it isn't the only time a name alone dictated such odd logic).

And speaking of Ampharos's new type, how exactly will it put its new Dragon typing to good use? It'd make sense if it had Dragon-type moves to exploit, but it's a special-based Pokemon that currently can only learn the physical-based Outrage, and the often used Draco Meteor seems out of the question since it doesn't stay Dragon-type outside of battles... so what does being a temporary Dragon-type give it, besides a Dragon-type?

J.D. said:
4te said:

Well, it's Japanese name literally translates to "Electric Dragon", so it makes sense it'd show up amongst dragon-themed sets, even if it isn't a Dragon-type (it isn't the only time a name alone dictated such odd logic).

And speaking of Ampharos's new type, how exactly will it put its new Dragon typing to good use? It'd make sense if it had Dragon-type moves to exploit, but it's a special-based Pokemon that currently can only learn the physical-based Outrage, and the often used Draco Meteor seems out of the question since it doesn't stay Dragon-type outside of battles... so what does being a temporary Dragon-type give it, besides a Dragon-type?

I wondered the same thing. I think they are going to give amphy some dragon type moves (outrage? in ampharos? doesn't even make sense!), at least dragon pulse, and hopefully TAIL F***** GLOW!
I think GF will introduce several new dragon-type moves, especially since dragon types won't be anymore the overpowered uberpokemons they were, after the introduction of the fairy type.

J.D. said:
4te said:

The official website shows it using dragon pulse

J.D. said:

They might add more Dragon type moves to its moveset.

Don't know if anyone has wrote this already, but I can't be bothered so scroll through all the comments... xD
It would be cool if Rapidash got a mega evolution and "evolved" into a big Unicorn thing which becomes Fire/Fairy type. Or they could just give it a Fire/Fairy big Unicorn thing evolution :)

4te said:

Damn, now that you say it... I never noticed it... It may or may not be a coincidence but even Ampharos delta is Colorless which was the type that represented Dragon in the TCG at the time...

Back