XY Mega Pokémon: Which Pokémon Would You Like To See With A Mega Evolution?

RE: How do you feel about the revealed Mega Pokémon and which new Mega Pokémon are you hoping to see?

I really REALLY hope the rock and roll music from the trailer plays when you Mega Evolve during battle. That shit sounds amazing!

RE: How do you feel about the revealed Mega Pokémon and which new Mega Pokémon are you hoping to see?

I'm just very dissapointed at this. Just by the info revealed Gen 6 is my least favorite gen. I have to disagree with all you, they look like a digimon or a really uncreative design where they didn't change much (Kangaskan and Ampharos I'm looking at you!)

We honestly won't know how Mega Pokemon work until the demo.

If anything, they may not last long or have a sudden issue where they can become immobilized. Remember, we can only have one in battle.

When we throw one into battle, we are tossing it in with a Mega Stone equipped. We are sacrificing a hold item when doing this.

I do not see any power creep except for the possibility of some formerly low tier Pokemon gaining huge bonuses and being up to par with most Pokemon out there.

While there is Blaziken, Mewtwo, and Lucario - honestly they might not be the only powerful things.

Though for the sake of adding opinion, I like what mega forms bring to the table, what they seem to give us for options. However, I feel like MegaLucario, MegaMawile, and MegaAbsol should have just been normal evos.

It's possible that this generation may have much more powerful Pokemon than before, so by having Mega Evolutions for older Pokemon they can stand a much better chance against these newer, more powerful Pokemon....

If you take a look at the pokemon who's megas have been revealed so far, they are mostly either fan favorites, or have lots of fans making fake evolutions or saying they need one.
Mewtwo had "Mewthree" this entire time
Blaziken has been a fan favorite since it's debut
Lucario has also been a fan favorite and commonly mistaken for a Legendary due to it's role in Mystery of mew
Mawile has been said to need an evolution, and this may also be a response to the fake Sableye evolution seen earlier
Absol has been requested to get an evolution since generation 4
Kangaskhan has been re-imagined so many times with the baby being a seperate pokemon
Ampharos.... I don't know here.. But due to this, it seems very likely that we'll see some of the following.
  • Mega Dunsparce, showing he can potentially wipe out an foe as you can tell by him already
  • Shuckle, due to it's already high defensive stats, it can have it's attack stats raised and be able to show why stats are important
  • This could also feature Mega Evolutions for each of the Eeveelutions, as fans have been making fake evolutions of the eeveelutions for years
  • Possibly even Pikachu or Raichu do to their current role for the Pokemon games

Marowak and Corsola, Corsola needs a power boost and it's mega evolution design should include small blue aquatic flowers growing on top of its horns. Marowak's evolution should be it without its bone like mask or helmet.

I believe a prime candidate for mega evolution, whether it be a straight power increase or a slight reimagining, is Ledian. At this point not only is it forgettable but stat/typing wise its abysmal, though adorable. I just really like its movepool and I feel like some of its thematic elements are being underutilized.

RE: What 'Mega' Pokemon formes are you hoping to see?

Astra said:
Mega Mantine is clearly the best idea. :p

Seriously though, I think that the Mega Pokemon are based off of Norse/Germanic Gods.

Blaziken -> Sultr (God of fire)
Lucario -> Forseti (God of Justice)
Amphy -> Thor
Mawile -> Loki (God of Deception)
Absol -> Fortuna (Goddess of Disaster)
Mewtwo > Magni (God of Power)

In addition, Xerneas and Yvetall are based on similar myths too, so I don't think it's too big of a stretch.

So I'll be listing other Norse Gods, alongside Pokemon I think can be them.

Metagross -> Odin (God of Knowledge, Metagross is smarter than a supercomputer)
Milotic -> Sjofn (God of Love. Milotic makes people calm. Could also be Delcatty)
Celebi -> Iounn (God of Youthfulness. Time travel keeps you young)
Chatot -> Bragi (God of Music. Makes sense huh?. Could be Kricketune or Wigglytuff though)
Cherrim -> Buri (God of Daytime. Cherrim blooms in sunlight)
Blissey -> Eir (God of Healing. Shouldn't need to explain this. Could be Miltank though)
Kangaskhan -> Frigg (Goddess of Motherhood. Yeah I don't need to explain this)
Gardevoir -> Hlin (Goddess of Protection. Gardevoir will sacrifice itself for it's trainer)
Lunatone -> Mani (God of the Moon. Hmmmmmmmmmmm)
Solrock -> Sol (God of the Sun. >_>)
Gyarados -> Ran (God of the Ocean (Magikarp is found in every body of water)
Ninetales -> Vali (God of Revenge. Red/Blue PokeDex calls it vengeful)

Haha, I see you've seen me on Youtube. Glad to see someone looked a little deeper into my idea behind the Nordic Gods. Good on you. :D

However to everyone else.
Unfortunately, I don't think any other Legendaries will be getting a Mega Evo, simply for the fact that it'd be SUPER OP. And before you throw Mewtwo at me, I have a bit of a Rebuttal to that. The only reason (I think) Mewtwo got a mega evo is because she IS the Genetic Pokemon, and clearly this whole Mega Evo thing is somewhat related to genetic reconstruction (i.e the DNA strand that rears it's ugly head afterwards). Why choose anyone else but THE Genetic Pokemon to show it off with?

Also, keep in mind no Pokemon actually "Changed" typing, only got a type added (i.e Amphy, Mawile, Gardevoir, Maril, and Jigglypuff). So, as much as we'd like to see Charizard be Fire/Dragon, don't bank on it. Unfortunately, I think that goes with most Pokes. Since, we haven't seen ANY type changes. Not to say we won't, just saying, don't have hopes towards it.

MuhFugginMoose said:
Astra said:
Mega Mantine is clearly the best idea. :p

Seriously though, I think that the Mega Pokemon are based off of Norse/Germanic Gods.

Blaziken -> Sultr (God of fire)
Lucario -> Forseti (God of Justice)
Amphy -> Thor
Mawile -> Loki (God of Deception)
Absol -> Fortuna (Goddess of Disaster)
Mewtwo > Magni (God of Power)

In addition, Xerneas and Yvetall are based on similar myths too, so I don't think it's too big of a stretch.

So I'll be listing other Norse Gods, alongside Pokemon I think can be them.

Metagross -> Odin (God of Knowledge, Metagross is smarter than a supercomputer)
Milotic -> Sjofn (God of Love. Milotic makes people calm. Could also be Delcatty)
Celebi -> Iounn (God of Youthfulness. Time travel keeps you young)
Chatot -> Bragi (God of Music. Makes sense huh?. Could be Kricketune or Wigglytuff though)
Cherrim -> Buri (God of Daytime. Cherrim blooms in sunlight)
Blissey -> Eir (God of Healing. Shouldn't need to explain this. Could be Miltank though)
Kangaskhan -> Frigg (Goddess of Motherhood. Yeah I don't need to explain this)
Gardevoir -> Hlin (Goddess of Protection. Gardevoir will sacrifice itself for it's trainer)
Lunatone -> Mani (God of the Moon. Hmmmmmmmmmmm)
Solrock -> Sol (God of the Sun. >_>)
Gyarados -> Ran (God of the Ocean (Magikarp is found in every body of water)
Ninetales -> Vali (God of Revenge. Red/Blue PokeDex calls it vengeful)

Haha, I see you've seen me on Youtube. Glad to see someone looked a little deeper into my idea behind the Nordic Gods. Good on you. :D

However to everyone else.
Unfortunately, I don't think any other Legendaries will be getting a Mega Evo, simply for the fact that it'd be SUPER OP. And before you throw Mewtwo at me, I have a bit of a Rebuttal to that. The only reason (I think) Mewtwo got a mega evo is because she IS the Genetic Pokemon, and clearly this whole Mega Evo thing is somewhat related to genetic reconstruction (i.e the DNA strand that rears it's ugly head afterwards). Why choose anyone else but THE Genetic Pokemon to show it off with?

Isn't Deoxys also based on DNA, then again it does have all those formes...

TheRoyalXerneas said:

Heh, I realized that after the fact, but as you said, I think the 3 Formes make up for it. Haha. However, in the Anime he was an Alien, which could also play into why he's the DNA poke.

MuhFugginMoose said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:

Heh, I realized that after the fact, but as you said, I think the 3 Formes make up for it. Haha. However, in the Anime he was an Alien, which could also play into why he's the DNA poke.

Unless Gamefreak combines all the formes into one Mega Evolution. Mega Deoxys with Download or something new as an ability??

Houndoom and Rapidash - off the top of my head.

Houndoom: Maybe some wings like Absol (but bat-like), or maybe more skeleton armor, maybe some more bulk to it, maybe glowing red eyes, maybe some different horns.

Rapidash: Wings, bigger hair (to follow a trend).

Lex said:
Houndoom and Rapidash - off the top of my head.

Houndoom: Maybe some wings like Absol (but bat-like), or maybe more skeleton armor, maybe some more bulk to it, maybe glowing red eyes, maybe some different horns.

Rapidash: Wings, bigger hair (to follow a trend).

I agree with both of those. However, I see Houndoom as a Cerberus. I think that'd be amazing. But, I don't think that'd be MegaEvo as much as it would be a FULL evo.

And I'd love to see a Rapidash turn into a Pegasus.

TheRoyalXerneas said:
MuhFugginMoose said:

Unless Gamefreak combines all the formes into one Mega Evolution. Mega Deoxys with Download or something new as an ability??

Dragon ball Z is enough. Let's not mess with voltron now.

Or transformers. I take it back. transformers are awesome.

Or power rangers.

Well, maybe a megazord comprised of magnezone, klinklang, nosepass, porygon Z and golurk wouldn't hurt...

I always wanted to see something interesting happen to Latios/Latias.

Just had this picture in my head so I went ahead and drew it:

Also...another one of these lonely post-game legendaries that looks like there is something more to it is Heatran.
Its gender always made me wonder if we will some day get new formes for it that are different depending on what gender it is.

professorlight said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:

Dragon ball Z is enough. Let's not mess with voltron now.

Or transformers. I take it back. transformers are awesome.

Or power rangers.

Well, maybe a megazord comprised of magnezone, klinklang, nosepass, porygon Z and golurk wouldn't hurt...

What I meant was that Mega Deoxys could have the attributes of all of its formes so it'd be like its "perfect" forme. Oh sweet Arceus, if Gamefreak incorporated another concept from a different franchise, like half the fan base would be so butthurt....

I would be very happy with an Aerodactyl evolution. It's the only fossil pokemon without one, and I think it has plenty of room for cool new design elements for a Mega Evo.

Dragon Tamer Rhaegar said:
I would be very happy with an Aerodactyl evolution. It's the only fossil pokemon without one, and I think it has plenty of room for cool new design elements for a Mega Evo.

Yea, and while they're at it, they NEED to give that Pokémon Head smash. NOW! xD

I am looking really forward to these Mega pokemon, because according the X and Y website:"Mega Stones seem to be hidden in secret places in the Kalos region. Finding every one of them will be one of the challenges awaiting you in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y!" I enjoy a great treasure hunt!

Mitja said:
I always wanted to see something interesting happen to Latios/Latias.

Just had this picture in my head so I went ahead and drew it:

Also...another one of these lonely post-game legendaries that looks like there is something more to it is Heatran.
Its gender always made me wonder if we will some day get new formes for it that are different depending on what gender it is.

Have you seen the demo of latias? They could bring that back as a mega if they felt like it.

Back