Mega Beedrill and Mega Pidgeot in 'CoroCoro' [10/9]

^Actually, for me, it always made more sense to me for Pidgeot to have more Sp. Atk than Physical Attack... wind attacks and all...

@His Goominess: That sounds great until you realize you can't have 2 Megas at the same time...

Hmm... I'm also wondering, if we're supposed to get all previous legendaries between XY and ORAS, I suppose we can also catch Giratina and Kyurem, not just the mascot duos...

Also, assuming this Hoopa theory is true, what does that mean in practice? Will it be the Meloetta of this generation and be featured in a short instead of a full movie? Will it be revealed soon? The timing seems a bit off, honestly... We're only getting Diancie now...

Metalizard said:
^Actually, for me, it always made more sense to me for Pidgeot to have more Sp. Atk than Physical Attack... wind attacks and all...

beside hurricane, what else?

godzilla41 said:
Metalizard said:
Air Slash, Twister, Heat Wave, Gust (lol)...

lol, well that's a very small movepool. hyper beam aswell plus stab

Hyper Beam (and all its variants) are all highly discouraged in competitive play.
Yeah, the power is good, but the recovery turn is something that can really mess a game. (whether thats KOing the recovering Pokemon, or setting up a sweeper)

It looks like its gonna be forced to go mixed if it wants to use both of its stab moves.

Metalizard said:
@His Goominess: That sounds great until you realize you can't have 2 Megas at the same time...

Darn it, forgot about that.

I think what is interesting about the possible Hoopa’s Possible reveal along wiith Mega Beedrill and Pidgeot reveal. Is that Going back to the lore behind Hoopa “ Once they did, things stopped disappearing! Just like that! Relieved that it was finally over, the organization finally decided to step outside. It was then that they discovered their headquarters had been transported wholesale to somewhere in the middle of a desert! Terrified of what they had unleashed, the organization promptly disbanded.” Along how the majority of mega pokemon are 1 - 3 and amongst all gen 1 - 3 mega pokemon 24/38 were some part of their evolution chain were shadow pokemon. this leaves me to believe that shadow pokemon have some form of connection with Mega pokemon. The hoopa lore dealing with the building being in the middle of desert could be the shadow research lab from pokemon colosseum and xd. I also found it peculiar that during the scene in x and y when lysandre fires the cannon to destroy the laboratory. We get an expanded look of kalos region and surrounding regions. To the south for me looks similar to orre region. To me this link might represent a hint to maybe nintendo might head back to the orre region.

Only problem with the Hoopa theory is that I don't see the horns on the silhouette. So I don't know if it's Hoopa's silhouette or not, but I still think the rings point toward Hoopa.

http://pokebeach.com/2014/10/mega-rayquaza-also-showcased-in-corocoro-next-pokemon-movie

Water Pokémon Master said:
http://pokebeach.com/2014/10/mega-rayquaza-also-showcased-in-corocoro-next-pokemon-movie

Oh my god! This is going to be amazing! =D
Except now I'm probably going to have to rework its jaw in my 3D model... It looks so much more menacing in that scan. And I really really really hope they reveal some more info on M-Rayquaza - stuff like the new height, preferably. I wanna get the sizing just right...
Screenshot%20(138).png

And hopefully Primal Groudon will be in the movie! An actual Groudon in a movie would be real nice!
It does seem likely that the new movie will reveal Hoopa considering its theorized impact in ORAS, so that'll be cool too ^_^
Everything is going to be awesome! ^_^

Mega Beedrill looks great, but I don't see the appeal of Mega Pidgeot. It looks pretty much the same, except its mane is different and it has a small amount of blue feathers now.

Is that poster necessarily for the next movie? The text above mentions Mega Rayquaza appearing in the Mega Evolution special, so I'd sooner believe that it's an updated poster for the special. Movie posters are typically revealed in December, anyway.

This was on the home page with no explanation, with Ho-oh and Lugia on it I'm going to assume Naval Rock might not be an event.
corocoro-legendaries.jpg

MultiNav looks sort of like a GBA SP. I'm happy. :)

The Hoopla thing is interesting. I'm trying to remember other Event/Mythical Pokemon that played a central role in some aspect of the story like that. I guess Arceus would count.

Eon Flute is a crazy idea, at least to me. "Oh, just fly over to this little island here and HOLY CRAP IT'S DIALGA." Makes about as much sense as getting those Pokemon from Dream Radar, I suppose. :)

Flying on the backs of Lati@s is very cool, even if Ranger: Guardian Signs did it first. ;)

Geez, we have a ton of Megas announced for ORAS. Still hoping they don't mess up the XY updating process and let EVERYONE who comes into contact with a copy of ORAS get up to date.

The reason they've gone with serial codes is because of the introduction of Pokemon Bank, people will abuse wi-fi events and get heaps of legendaries which Nintendo thinks is unfair.

But I'm disappointed. We have too many Kanto megas and only 1 gen 5 one.

That is not a Hoopa behind Reshiram. Its just the darkness and the light part is Reshirams smoke tail.... if it was Hoopa than next to Palkia is Mega Diglet...lol. :D

I'm pleasantly surprised by the Mega Beedrill design. I really liked Pidgeot in the days of Red/Blue, but not too enthusiastic about that Mega design.
I want some confirmation about move tutors. I've been dying to train a Scizor with Superpower.

I know this is slightly off topic, but has there been any word on North America getting a demo code? If Beedrill is the mega in there, I need that demo.

garbodorable said:
Leaf_Ranger said:
I'm not getting my hopes high, and more so if it ends up truly being a Lati@s exclusive. I though that Pokémon following us and seasons would become regular and a core mechanic and we've seen how that was and is. :rolleyes:

But before walking pokemon, there was the Pal Park, which was pretty much a beta version of what would show up everywhere in HG/SS. Could be they're trying out overworld flight in the interest of expanding it for future games.

At least you'd hope so. They put a little more effort into an immersive, fully realized overworld with each generation (except for walking pokemon disappearing...), so a gen VII game where you can fly around on your Pidgeot or Charizard or surf on your Seaking or whatever and actually see your pokemon and direct them, might not be so farfetched. Especially when they've also played around with riding pokemon in XY.

They might be doing that but it's a shame that things dissapear and like I've said, not only walking Pokémon but also seasons! GF is constantly testing but instead of having certain features for granted, they take some and try a new. The Advance generation was released without day/night cycle. HG/SS was very touch-screen friendly and in B2/W2 that wasn't true. It seems like the games take two steps further and one behind. Also, I'd prefer to have one game with all these features and not have 3D that have a game in 3D that follows that steps trend.

Back