Mega Beedrill and Mega Pidgeot in 'CoroCoro' [10/9]

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
I love M.Pidgeot's and Breedrill's design and I can't wait for the Sugimori artwork but these make me hate Mega-evolution even more because they're only temporary. :(
Somehow, I never liked Pidgeot due to its original sprites and that head plumage that looked too much like actual painted hair and it got worse, despite being the first, with Pyroar's reveal (lack of originality with Pyroar).

I wish we can fly other Pokémon than Lati@s. I never really liked these two, mostly due to the absence of a legend or story.

Last but not least, I would like to see a Mega-Fearow.

This new Flying mechanic sure helped turn the table in regard to my opinion about these games, because it is indeed a new feature and not just an updated one with better graphics.

His Goominess said:
scattered mind said:
Is it just me or Mega Pidgeot looks a lot like Malamar ?

Something tells me that we will not be able to fly with Mega Lati@s all the time in every place and that something is Gogoat.

1) oh my god, it does, I only just noticed :eek:

2) apparently theres a new item that allows you to fly on and control Mega Lati@s. apparently its possible to find Dialga/Palkia and Reshiram/Zekrom as well as other wild Pokemon amongst clouds.
In other words, what every fan ever has wanted regular Fly to be.

In Arceus' name, the only think between M.Pidgeot and Malamar is that they have menacing eyes, a beak and have volume, namely in their stomach/belly area but hey're only resemblences.

Mitja

veteran smartass
Poor Beedrill won't be much better sadly...but hey, need some new toys in lower tiers too!
Adaptability would be a godly ability for most pokemon..but Beedrill...yeah not the best offensive combo.

Mega Pidgeot....I've always felt it should have been the "wind"-move user out of all the birds.. but a bigger sp.atk stat didn't make sense until the 4th generation what with Normal/Flying both being physical back then.
So I love that the Mega is Sp.Atk based...even though that's probably worse.. no special Normal moves.

It's curious though that they would only mention the Sp.Atk rising and nothing else O_O
Hopefully that means +50 in sp.atk

No Guard..ugh..

scattered mind said:
Interesting fact: both of these Pokemon gained a stat boost in XY
Maybe that is the reason why
That means we will need to see much more megas including Mega Pikachu which I will not be surprise about even if it has a regular evolution since he is the mascot.

THAT was my first thought when I saw them O_O

The "updated stats" were so random and minor, I've been wondering for a year if there was some bigger plan behind that or if it's really just what they felt like doing...

Because there is plenty of pokemon that could use stat updates but didn't get them...

(I'd ignore Pikachu in particular though as it gained more than 10 and is the only NFE to gain stats..)

So, pure nonsense speculation, but what if all the pokemon gaining the 10 stats were due to them having a mega in mind but wanting them to shine that moment while they're popular and hence gave priority to adjusting their stats for now???

Here's a list of them for anyone unfamiliar:
-Butterfree
-Beedrill
-Pidgeot
-Raichu
-Nidoqueen
-Nidoking
-Clefable (yes please :DDDDDDDDD)
-Wigglytuff
-Poliwrath
-Alakazam (has mega)
-Victreebel
-Golem (how does this one not have a mega yet?)
-Ampharos (has mega)
-Bellossom
-Azumarill (mother of god)
-Jumpluff
-Beautifly
-Exploud
-Staraptor (this would throw pidgeot out of the spotlight like a bullet train)
-Roserade
-Stoutland
-Unfezant
-Gigalith
-Seismitoad
-Leavanny
-Scolipede
-Krookodile

note that all of these will never evolve regularly.

it seems like the most legit list of upcoming mega evolutions ever xD

His Goominess said:
Ok so Mega Pidgeot has No Guard... when the only move it has that suffers from bad accuracy is Hurricane.
In return, it allows any old something to use Stone Edge with 100% accuracy against it.
TrollFreak at its finest.

The 2 Megas seem to have decent designs. Both of them are pretty much what I was expecting.

edit: It also looks like we can fly on Mega Lati@s in overworld.

edit 2: on a page scan I saw on facebook, it looks like the shadowy-cloudy area of the map may have some relation to Dialga/Palkia and Reshiram/Zekrom, as well as Mega Lati@s.

yeah no guard is freaking ridiculous. the Hurricane accuracy flaw is easily fixed with rain support anyway... Speed Boost would have been nicer or something. Pidgeot could use whatever it can get.

And yeah, I knew the cloud would have to do with the big mascots of gen 4 and 5 lol.
Thunderous black cloud clashing with a white one, oh really..
It screams Zekrom/Reshiram.

Wouldn't be surprised of the kami to show up too. (Also I figure The musketeers and beasts will probably be in Kalos 2.0)

I imagine the Dimension trio would have some other location though. A portal to the Torn world on the southern edge of the sky or something..

EDIT: HOLD ON A SECOND
didn't see that scan where they come out of HOOPAS LOOPAS 8D

Sweet!!!

Maybe the whole reason for them even creating Hoopa is so they can explain random past-legends showing up in mid-gen games like these from now on??

Leaf_Ranger

don()shinobi said:
And still nobody will use Beedrill.

(...)

Competetively, you mean, because I trained one in B2 and will start training one in HG because in B2 it's upper wings are apart from the lower wings in its animation and I don't like thatbecause I think that wasn't suppossed to happen.

I love Breedrill and its entire line since Gen.I and Poison is my second favorite type so it's going be part of my team somehow.

Mitja said:
(...)
So, pure nonsense speculation, but what if all the pokemon gaining the 10 stats were due to them having a mega in mind but wanting them to shine that moment while they're popular and hence gave priority to adjusting their stats for now???

Here's a list of them for anyone unfamiliar:
-Butterfree
-Beedrill
-Pidgeot
-Raichu
-Nidoqueen
-Nidoking
-Clefable
-Wigglytuff
-Poliwrath
-Alakazam
-Victreebel
-Golem
-Ampharos
-Bellossom
-Azumarill
-Jumpluff
-Beautifly
-Exploud
-Staraptor
-Roserade
-Stoutland
-Unfezant
-Gigalith
-Seismitoad
-Leavanny
-Scolipede
-Krookodile

note that all of these will never evolve regularly.

it seems like the most legit list of upcoming mega evolutions ever xD

(...)

If that entire list come to life, it will be incredible lame. Mega-evolution isn't still explained as to why some m.evolve and others don't and in the end will lead to a "weapons race" that will make every single Pokémon have a Mega-evolution, and probably they'll end up retconning that and allow for a legitimate fourth stage of evolution.

Genius715

Aspiring Trainer
don()shinobi said:

Also:
Hoopa, is that you?
b8sMuiB.jpg
I mean, the golden rings are there and everything. What other reason would there be for those legendaries to be in Hoenn?

Amazing find! That is a great way to hint at the introduction of Hoopa. And this makes is understandable why Pokemon who are usually in other dimensions or regions are suddenly over Hoenn.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Leaf_Ranger said:
Competetively, you mean, because I trained one in B2 and will start training one in HG because in B2 it's upper wings are apart from the lower wings in its animation and I don't like thatbecause I think that wasn't suppossed to happen.
Yes, competitively. Sorry, I should have specified.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
I like both MegaBeedrill and MegaPidgeot (Pidgeot is one of my favourite Pokémon) but please, Beedrill is frail as crystal!!! And No Guard on M-Pidgeot is a joke...

TomoEGoto

Aspiring Trainer
The new scans are driving me insane for ORAS's release. However there are major concerns that I have with two of the things shown.
1. The fact that the Eon Ticket is ANOTHER serial code event. I would've thought that a Wi-Fi event would be easier, but I'm assuming they'll have another where you can get it via Wi-Fi. Hopefully.
2. With the appearance of Zekrom and Reshiram, it pretty much concludes everyone's fear that they are locking legends again this time around. Come now, does anyone really think that they'd allow the duo unlocked if in the previous game they weren't available?

Mitja

veteran smartass
I only now realized you get to encounter wild pokemon in the sky...

...and I'm actually disappointed by that.

"WTF why??"

Because I've been waiting for HM Fly to be changed to work this way since gen 3! <___<

And now it's just a one-time special feature exclusively with mega-latis in the postgame of a remake ):

I wanted them to change Fly and Dig to work the same way as Dive does.
Taking you above the route/place, and allow you to encounter pokemon there and pass over huge obstacles..

Drohn

Wild War Dance
Pidgeot and Beedril are both Pokémon I love and frequently use in re-runs through the games. Pidgeot and Swellow are my favourite birds and Beedril has been one of my favourite bugs since generation 1. The Mega Evolutions are really amazing! They might not be as strong as other Mega Pokémon, but it's definitely a great boost.

Now what I'm extremely hyped about in this update is the overworld flying! I also wished for Fly to work similarly like that, Mitja, and made a post about it a while ago somewhere. This is something completely different, but still amazing! I also wish it would be possible to do it on Pokémon other than Lati@s, but I'll take it. They might make it possible in future games. Hoopa definitely seems to be the one responsible for "teleporting" the legendary Pokémon to the area. Nice catch!

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
Does this mean M. Latias-EX and M. Latios-EX will be the 3rd and 4th EX's in Primal Clash? I dearly hope they leave out the starters, as I feel that if they did M Sceptile and M Swampert, then they would come back for a M Blaziken set as XY6, and I would hate that. Besides, M Sceptile would be our THIRD Grass Mega in the TCG!

Leaf_Ranger

Drohn said:
(...) They might make it possible in future games. (...)

I'm not getting my hopes high, and more so if it ends up truly being a Lati@s exclusive. I though that Pokémon following us and seasons would become regular and a core mechanic and we've seen how that was and is. :rolleyes:

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
Not good enough. Another case where Mega evolution pokemon look worse than the pokemon they mega evolve from.

Tuoko

Aspiring Trainer
don()shinobi said:

Also:
Hoopa, is that you?
b8sMuiB.jpg
I mean, the golden rings are there and everything. What other reason would there be for those legendaries to be in Hoenn?

Nice find!

It explains all those legendaries.
So now they have these events given out/are going to be given out: Poke Ball Vivillon, Fancy Vivillon, Diancie, Mega Latios, Mega Latias.

They just need these: Eternal Flower Floette, Hoopa, and Volcanion.

ECHOxLegend

All-Seeing Trainer
G-Panthera said:
His Goominess said:
1) oh my god, it does, I only just noticed :eek:

2) apparently theres a new item that allows you to fly on and control Mega Lati@s. apparently its possible to find Dialga/Palkia and Reshiram/Zekrom as well as other wild Pokemon amongst clouds.
In other words, what every fan ever has wanted regular Fly to be.

While the CoroCoro update is pretty neat, I have this feeling that "you can capture legends on special islands" are going to play exclusive roles in the games, like you can get two legends in one game, and the other two are set to be captured in the other version. But this is just a guess on my part. Also, does anyone know whether the Eon Flute is a event-only item or something?
Zekrom better be in ruby!

AdamLambert

Aspiring Potato
don()shinobi said:

Also:
Hoopa, is that you?
b8sMuiB.jpg

That was EXACTLY what I was thinking. The rings look identical to those of Hoopa. And the coloring in and around the hoops are the same color as the "mist" that appears when Hoopa uses Hyperspace Hole. So excited. ^_^

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
These Megas are glorious. Well, aside from the rather lackluster abilities. Design-wise, though...I love them.

Funny enough, I just started looking up fan-made versions of all the fully evolved Kanto Pokémon, and I actually like the real Mega Beedrill and Mega Pidgeot much more than any fanart I've found -- something that hasn't been the case for too many Megas so far.

CF1994

Aspiring Trainer
I love these recent, but wicked Mega Evolution designs!

Beedrill and Pidgeot definitely needed it just as much, if not, more than our recent contenders to Mega Evolve, but I bet the aforementioned contenders will do well on their own way.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Lolz, I almost think Mega Beedrill and Mega Pidgeot are reaching a bit. But they do look kind of cool, shame nothing really changed with them. Am I the only one who thinks it odd that Mega Pidgeot has it's special attack raised? I mean with such a small special move pool it seems kind of pointless, though yay for any special flying moves, Heat Wave and Ominious Wind. Maybe it'll be a reason for Ash to finally go reclaim his Pidgeot after all of this time.

Interesting idea with the Eon flute and flying in the clouds or otherwise inaccessible islands. Hey, maybe this is how we'll get Hoopa or Volcanion...assuming there are no other hidden legendaries now, which is probably not the case but we never know. Anyone have any idea how many other legendaries can be gotten this way?

evilpacman

Voltorb Collector
I theorized before with XY that instead of just arriving at your destination, they would allow you the option to actually fly your Pokemon. This gives you the chance to view the region from above AND it is what I originally thought would prompt sky battles. Of course, when XY came along, my theory was wrong, but now it looks to be true!

JiJi-T

ID [ Dream ] We all are living in a dream!
Mega Pidgeot looks more like a Mega Pidgeotto to me, but I like the design. I thought he would get the ability Aerialite or Gale Wing but he gets No Guard... :(
Mega Beedrill looks cool but I'm more hyped about the new fly thing!! Its funny when you caught an Pokemon in the Sky and it says which place? From Route Sky 105 xD