Finished Mafia XXXV: Pokemon Card GB3: Team GR's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends. Sometimes mods include safeclaims within a single "post" in the role PM; some use multiple.

The fact that she can't C/P it immediately seems to suggest the former.
It's still not indicative of alignment. There are perfectly good reasons why town would want to edit their role before posting, and in fact I do believe that was a slight fish on your part for the entire unedited role.

Also, when has "I've edited out part of my role PM so that scum don't know it" actually benefited the player and the town?

If anything, showing and admitting that you have something to hide makes it very difficult for anyone of any alignment to believe you.

>.>

I'm a QT partner with Jesi because of a Friend Ball, and have gathered enough information from there to be very confident that she is town. She is not a good lynch.

@King Xerneas You're viewing the thread right now. What is your opinion of the three major lynches right now? (Drac, Morda, Jesi).
I forgot he's dead.:(
>.>
I'm a QT partner with Jesi because of a Friend Ball, and have gathered enough information from there to be very confident that she is town. She is not a good lynch.
Did you start the QT? If so, why?

>.>

>.>
I'll go ahead and take you at your word for now because the day ends soon, because I have a town read on you and because it would be too risky a move for scum to try to save Jesi like this. However tomorrow I expect relevant quotes and reasoning for it. If there's none, we'll know you lied, and then you'll prob get lynched.

##UNVOTE: PikaMasterJesi
##VOTE: mordacazir

>.>

Nice try. You need to give us something to work with other than your word. Give me that information please.

The role name she claimed in the QT (Ken) matches up with the role name I checked with my role;
the name of her claimed FP effect (of which the details scum don't need to know) matches up with the FP effect she claimed;
and the favourite Pokemon she claimed matches up with the favourite Pokemon I checked.

Ability: Teleport Blast
Once a night, pick a player other than you. You will learn that player's role name, Favorite Pokemon, and FP Effect.

I chose Jesi because she was my biggest town read on N2.

As for proof on the QT, here's what I received from PMJ during N2 (with the link snipped obviously):

Night 2 results

Friend QT: -snip-

This link will be sent to PikaMasterJesi as well.

bbninjas' sudden defense is unexpected, but I doubt it's a scum move. Scum would not risk a defense this late in the day. mordacazir's lack of response is scummy, but with him having no obvious defense or connection, his flip might not give us a definite lead on another player. That's why I'm interested in sorting out the NinjaPenguin/GM Draclord dilemma before him. After reading their posts, the distrust thing feels like it hints of one of them being scum. It seems the first one who pointed it out is GM Draclord who could be scum trying to intentionally play it up so that they seem careful.

However, with this close to the end of the day, there's not much time to further discuss those two and figure out who could be scum from the two. So I'll throw in my lot to the next player with the potential to be scummy for today, mordacazir. Perhaps despite having no player connected to him, his flip might give us some vital reveals we could use tomorrow.

##VOTE: mordacazir

Day 4 Final Vote Count

mordacazir: 4 (FP Effect, scattered mind, PikaMasterJesi Luispipe8 GM DracLord, Vom)
scattered mind: 0 (Jabberwock)
PikaMasterJesi: 4 (Professor Palutena, Luispipe8, Vom Camoclone)
GM DracLord: 2 (NinjaPenguin, bbninjas, Jabberwock)
Professor Palutena: 0 (Camoclone)
NinjaPenguin: 1 (GM DracLord)

Not voting: 4 (PikaMasterJesi, Reinforce, mordacazir)

Day 4 ended July 22 at 8 AM CST. Therefore, all posts made past #1178 are null and void.

No player received the minimum seven votes to lynch. mordacazir and PikaMasterJesi both have 4 votes; therefore, day 4 will end with no lynch.

Of course, this is merely a formality, because mordacazir has been modkilled due to inactivity. mordacazir was:

You are GR-5, and you are aligned with the Club Alliance. Team GR gave you two jobs: pilot the blimp and (this is the important one, they said) shut up. At first, you took it in stride, too happy to be part of a team to care about a few harsh words. But then they became more frequent. No one wanted to be your friend. Just shut up and drive. So you defected. You don't have any access to any information on Team GR (not that they would have told you if you asked), but the Club Alliance has given you something you've wanted since day one - friendship. And having a big group of friends is worth dealing with more than a few harsh words from some jerks like Team GR.

Your Favorite Pokemon is Mew.

180px-MewWizardsPromo8.jpg

FP Effect: Neutral Shield
Abilities and cards have no effect on you if used by a player who has the same number of cards in their hand as you. (If they attempt to use a card on you, their hand size is checked against yours after having used the card.)​

Ability: Psychic Balance
Once a night, pick a player. At the start of the next day, you will match that player's hand size to yours by either discarding or giving them randomly chosen cards.

Win Condition: Eliminate Team GR

I'm not going to pretend I'm happy with how things are going. You guys haven't actually lynched anyone since day one and you are lucky that mord did not meet the post requirements so he died anyway. On the subject of that, some of you just barely skated by, so consider yourselves lucky.

Night 4 ends July 25 at noon CST or just under 72 hours from the time of this post
Sunrise 5 will probably end a few hours later. If not then 9 AM July 26.

Cards will always be sent out in the order in which you signed up. You are free to send in your night actions once you have received your card.

Last edited:
Night 4

Luispipe8 was killed. He was:

You are Rod, and you are aligned with the Club Alliance. Together, you and Mark formed the Club Alliance to stand up against Team GR. Your job as leader of the Grand Masters is largely in name only; only a handful of trainers have ever earned the right to challenge you ever since Mark became Champion. Some people think this has made you soft, but it couldn't be further from the truth. The healing powers of the Legendary Dragonite have earned you the nickname "Rod the Immortal." How can you defeat a person whose Pokemon seemingly never die? Let Team GR come and learn a lesson in futility.

Your Favorite Pokemon is Dragonite.

180px-DragoniteFossil4.jpg

FP Effect: Special Delivery
Instead of being given a nightly card by Dr. Mason, you will start the game with five randomly chosen cards. If at the start of any day you have no cards in your hand, you will be given five randomly chosen cards.​

Ability: Miraculous Wind
Once a night, pick a player. At the start of the next day, you will learn every card in that player's hand.

Ability: Healing Wind
As often as you like during any day, pick a player. If that player is chosen to be lynched, they will not be lynched, and the day will end with no lynch. Once this has happened, you can't use this Ability anymore.

Day 5 begins now and ends July 29 at noon CST. There are ten players left which means it's six to lynch.

It is mylo. If scum is not eliminated today, the game will end with a victory for Team GR. Vote carefully.

Vote count as of post 1183

GM DracLord: 1 (FP Effect)

Not voting: 10 (PikaMasterJesi, bbninjas, NinjaPenguin, Camoclone, scattered mind, GM DracLord, Reinforce, Jabberwock, Professor Palutena, Vom)

Last edited:
Force of habit.

My money is still on ##VOTE: Camoclone based on one of the previous game.. People didn't expect he was scum although he survive long but it turn out he was indeed scum in that game

Righteo, I think I should claim my full role with what happened yesterday and the fact that it is MYLO. I believe I claimed that I can only see role names and something else, in an attempt to make my role look weaker than it truely is. I can actually scan the name, flavour, Favourite Pokemon and FP Effect. Here's my scans for Jesi and Professor P.

Night 3 results

Teleport Blast: PikaMasterJesi's info was revealed.

You are Ken, and you are aligned with the Club Alliance. At twenty-nine years old, you are the youngest Club Master (if you could only get promoted, you would beat Courtney's record). You came to lead at the age of thirteen after your father, the previous Club Master, passed away. Fire Pokemon are your forte, and your strategy involves a brute force battle plan, much like Mitch. You think you are the superior master simply because it's easier to make fire-related puns than fighting-related ones.

Your Favorite Pokemon is Arcanine.

180px-ArcanineBaseSet23.jpg

FP Effect: Fire Veil
Anyone who targets you at night will have their vote weight set to zero during the next day. If this would make a lynch impossible or only possible under specific circumstances, this effect won't work.​
Night 4 results

Teleport Blast: Professor Palutena’s info was revealed.

You are Sam, and you are aligned with the Club Alliance. A judge and technician, you teach players how to play the game. You, Aaron, and Dr. Mason keep things at Dr. Mason's Laboratory running smoothly. As the junior technician, your responsibilities mostly involve creating new software and spreading the word about Dr. Mason and his services on social media.

Your Favorite Pokemon is Raticate.

180px-RaticateBaseSet40.jpg

FP Effect: Thick Skin
You are lynched at L+2 until Day 5.
I chose Jesi on N3 because since we had a QT, I wanted to make sure I can trust her. I chose Professor P N4, because he was quite scummy yet experienced and it would be better to know his alignment rather than spend another day (or a lynch) to pursue him. I tried to target Celever on N2, but that failed unfortunately (assuming because of his FP Effect). :/

Anyways, here's my full role:
You unlocked a new Ability.

Your role PM has been updated:

You are Murray, and you are aligned with the Club Alliance. You've been leader of the Psychic Club for a long time, much to everyone's disdain. You're immature and your favorite things to do are troll new players and quote memes. You've been employing a stall deck since the very beginning that has only proved to be more and more difficult to beat as time goes on. No matter what new cards come out, you've always been able to employ at least one new card from each set to make your deck that much harder to win against. This has proved infuriating to both new players and veterans alike because you seem to get more satisfaction out of trolling and being a jerk than you do actually battling.

Your Favorite Pokemon is Alakazam.

180px-AlakazamBaseSet1.jpg

FP Effect: Psylink
When you use a card, there is a 10% chance the card will be returned to your hand after its use. Starting with day 2 and every day after that, the chances of this ability working increase by 10%.​

Ability: Suppression
Once a night, pick a player. If a kill would resolve on you tonight, it will resolve on the player you chose instead. Once you have diverted a kill in this way, you can't use this Ability anymore.

Ability: Teleport Blast
Once a night, pick a player other than you. You will learn that player's role name, flavor text, Favorite Pokemon, and FP Effect.

Ability: Power Cancel
Non-lethal Abilities have no effect on you.

Ability: Zen Force
Once a night, pick a player. At the start of the next day, you will learn every card in that player's hand.

Ability: Mysterious Beam (locked)
Unlocks when certain conditions are met

Ability: Energy Jump (locked)
Unlocks when certain conditions are met

As you can see, it's a lengthy role. I was talking to Jesi about it, and we are pretty sure it's a variant of a universal backup. I started off with Suppression, and picked up Keeper's Ability N1, Celever's FP Effect N2, lost a locked Ability at the start of N3 and gained Luis' Ability N4. I'm not 100% sure how it works, especially because I inherited Keeper's Abiliy N1, and when I lost an Ability all I was told was: "You lost an Ability"; so no help there.

As for who to lynch, I'm looking at GM Drac, possibly Vom, Reinforce, Camo or NinjaPenguin. The case on GM Drac can be found in the past day, and I still think it is strong and relevant. I feel like Vom and Reinforce have been skating a bit, but I'd have to look into their posts a bit better because I might just be misremembering. Camo is an odd case, because he's still alive but he hasn't done anything uncharacteristic or scummy in my opinion. He was killed in Night 4 in my game, so I guess it's not beyond scum to leave him alone, especially if he is actually pushing for town lynches. NinjaPenguin's recent focus on QTs strikes me as a little bit odd, so also someone I'm planning on looking into soon.

Nevertheless, I'm quite confident on ##VOTE: GM Draclord being scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back