Finished Mafia XLIX: Fight for the Falls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jabber Regarding my lack of voting; enough discussion had passed so that voting for the sake of voting would be rather pointless (especially if I’m not around any time after that). I would have liked to make a pressure vote at least, but I hadn’t read anything thoroughly enough to actually know who I’d like to pressure.

That also conveniently answers your more recent question, Jabber; yes, I’m still on mobile and still haven’t had the chance to read properly yet. If you say that my recent questioning is not scumhunting, then I have no clue what you’re expecting.

@Metapod, I’m pretty confident that Gekki would have explicitly said Camo was scummy if he thought as such. Gekki confirmed that my interpretation of his post was correct anyway.

I have an idea. How about we all post reads lists? Would help on the scumhunting front, although it is kind of early since some people haven't even posted yet.

...or maybe he's busy with something else and just checking in. I asked you earlier why Mariano was scummy, and you never answered. Why exactly is he scummy?
I didn't answer earlier because this was such a poor question.

Whoooa slow down, what's all this I popped in to? I have no idea where Camoclone is coming from with his suspicions on Mariano or his weird mass results claim thing, so until I can look things over more carefully, for now they're my top scumread.

Vote: Camoclone

Also, it's weird to me that cops are called "seers" here, I would expect that to be another name for a medium, lol.
Take a clear look at this everyone. This is a classic example of new scum trying to defend another new scum. Let's try to even pretend for a second that any of this makes any logical sense whatsoever.

Basically he has no idea what I'm saying at all and therefore thinks I'm the scummiest thing ever. Think about for a second and you'll realize why it makes no logical sense whatsoever.

So essentially what @MegaPod_781 is saying here is that I'm voting his scum buddy and therefore he doesn't like it.

How

Why the flip are you trying to get jp to vote someone they haven't expressed suspicions on without providing a reasonable case yourself?

Have you not read the things I've quoted? Honestly guys.

You're saying whoever doesn't play along with your confusing plan is autoscum? Only Sith deal in absolutes!! (oh the irony of that reference)

This is just a complete misread of what's going on in the thread. Are you even reading?

Why u need 2 no

Thought so. So, if I read the rules correctly, don't we need majority to lynch in this game? Because I suggest a Camoclone lynch.

Why the flip are you trying to get everyone to vote someone they haven't expressed suspicions on without providing a reasonable case yourself?

This is just straight up the scummiest thing ever coupled with his prior posts.

^ now that there is an example of good reasoning behind reading someone as inexperienced scum. Camoclone, on the other hand, said that Mariano was inexperienced scum, but without any base for his argument.
Oh man oh man. Someone check this guy's permissions. Can he read my posts?

Why? What part of what I said is scummy for you?

Instead of telling new people what to do, why don't you properly expose your reasoning against me and let other players make their own conclusions?

Vote Mariano please. He's quite clearly scum.

You are wrong, my name has 5 numbers :). And yes, it was ironic.

I really don't get this. How people would reveal their "results" if they don't have an active ability?

I agree with this.

Again, what's the scummy thing in your opinion?

I had visits in my home and I entered once (not so many time like you said) through my phone to check the thread just because you tagged me and I wanted to see what it was. No way I had time to respond. We have lives outside this game.

MegaPod, you need to follow the format "##VOTE: Player" (with the hashtags) for the vote to be valid.

Yes, we need majority to lynch.
I also like the idea of the Camoclone lynch, but not right now, it's very early Day 1. It will be better to execute the lynch later so we have time to make more reads on the people in the meanwhile.

And here we have the award for the biggest OMGUS in the game so far. Congratulations you've all but confirmed your role as scum. He even tries the classic try to play it safe by saying "it will be better to execute the lynch later" as if he was completely decided. Anyone not voting this guy at this point is honestly playing anti-town.

Yes but he uses votes and reads them better than anyone, tbh. It's not a small part, it's a key part of his playstyle.
Anyone who doesn't do that doesn't play this game right.

An excellent excuse not to ever have to bus your scumbuddy.
An excellent excuse to not understand what's happening in the game at all.

This is also why I disagree with Camo's plan––there's no logical reason for seer to actually let everybody else know that they scanned scum.
lol what???

Dear Arceus...you call someone who isn't me obvious scum for no apparent reason, and my voting you for it is OMGUS? That's rich.

Also, the points made against jp are solid, far as I can tell.
What what what what? When have I called this dude obvious scum before this? Also notice the easy jump on the jp bandwagon. May I note that's an incredibly easy and low risk wagon.

I know! I know! Every single game you play and hard push someone within the first page of posts!
It's surprising and incredibly interesting how little you've managed to contribute. It's honestly intriguing how you've somehow worded every single post to seem like you are contributing but you haven't posted anything of substance yet.

I've never played a Mafia game with the style Camoclone is using and I find it weird, like a try to get more information about each player's role to decide who to kill at night, that is what I find scummy. But well, I'm going to read NP's link about covering seers to see if I get it, but for now I just don't see the benefits for the Town. And I didn't vote him yet for the reason I exposed, it's very early Day 1.
Oh man. The OMGUS in this post. Jeeeeeezzzz. Is anyone else in their right mind here?

This sounds very logical. @Professor_jplap , can you explain it?

Honestly ladies. You've given me way too much day one material to work with.

##VOTE: quakingpunch73 because having numbers in the name is incredibly scummy (?). I was about to vote MegaPod but he already has 2 votes.
RVS but with the extra scummy second sentence thrown in casually. When MegaPod eventually flips scum he's trying to cover his tracks over an RVS vote. So jumpy. Notice that MegaPod is the one who jumps to nonsensical and OMGUS defenses above.

Haha. It's RVS, that thing about the numbers was something ocurred to me during Night 0, but then MegaPod had 2 votes and I have no real reason to add a 3rd one.
Can you provide reasoning about your vote on Professor?
Haha this guy actually tries justifying RVS. This is just such a cute post from every angle. Right from the get-go this guy has to try so hard not to come off as scummy. He tries to justify his RVS then he tries a pathetic attempt at a counter which he should very well know is RVS.

I recommend you to be careful. In this game you cannot trust anyone but the hosts because everyone may lie.
Okay.

I don't agree with this. Initially Mafia has more information than us and that will only make their nightkill decision easier. If someone feels that exposing his results will help the Town, it's ok, do it, but I would leave that decision to each individual player.
Okay.

Why? What part of what I said is scummy for you?

Man this dude just completely freaks out after one vote. He is desperate to defend himself against nothing. Even the kid who is playing dumb didn't freak out when I RVSd him.

Instead of telling new people what to do, why don't you properly expose your reasoning against me and let other players make their own conclusions?

Oh boy. One vote is so scarrrryyyyyyyy.

You are wrong, my name has 5 numbers :). And yes, it was ironic.

I really don't get this. How people would reveal their "results" if they don't have an active ability?

This guy isn't reading the thread. The post he quotes which he says "I agree with this." clearly explains everything. Only scum doesn't read.

I agree with this.

Again, what's the scummy thing in your opinion?

lol. One vote freakout.

I had visits in my home and I entered once (not so many time like you said) through my phone to check the thread just because you tagged me and I wanted to see what it was. No way I had time to respond. We have lives outside this game.

MegaPod, you need to follow the format "##VOTE: Player" (with the hashtags) for the vote to be valid.

Yes, we need majority to lynch.
I also like the idea of the Camoclone lynch, but not right now, it's very early Day 1. It will be better to execute the lynch later so we have time to make more reads on the people in the meanwhile.

We've already covered this blatant OMGUS. Do we really need to cover this? Read above. If you need me to hold your hand I will because this dude is obviously scum and we need to get rid of him.

I've never played a Mafia game with the style Camoclone is using and I find it weird, like a try to get more information about each player's role to decide who to kill at night, that is what I find scummy. But well, I'm going to read NP's link about covering seers to see if I get it, but for now I just don't see the benefits for the Town. And I didn't vote him yet for the reason I exposed, it's very early Day 1.

This sounds very logical. @Professor_jplap , can you explain it?
More blatant OMGUS.

So here we have a wide array of new scum slips. Let's recap:
  1. Freaks out in RVS (always a clear sign)
  2. Strong and nonsensical OMGUS
  3. Clear ties to another incredibly scummy member.
  4. Doesn't read the thread.
  5. He never actually says anything in his posts and he tries to agree with the majority. Read the posts. He hasn't contributed a single original relevant thought (not unlike @bbninjas). Although admittedly that's less troubling for new scum than for someone who is experienced.

I'm shaking in my boots! I mean, of course my posts will stand out - along with MegaPod and Mariano, and bar a few instances of others, they appear to be the only ones you are reading. :rolleyes:

What NP said. He made an interesting point, and I wanted to move off RVS. So wynaut.
Can you please actually restate your reasons in future, instead of sending me off looking for them? If you actually know why you voted, then it'd take five seconds for you to repeat it and will save everyone the hassle.

Who's striking you as particularly scum? We're not innohunting. :U
Innohunting is a very important part of scumhunting, actually.

I have an idea. How about we all post reads lists? Would help on the scumhunting front, although it is kind of early since some people haven't even posted yet.
I don't like doing this regularly because when scum know exactly what the town are thinking, they can very easily manipulate them or be more on guard. Many a scum are caught when their guard is down.

--

Camo is spamming walls of text, which will either intentionally or unintentionally overwhelm the people he's tunneling. It doesn't produce true responses from them, forces momentum (not always a good thing), and gets flustered people lynched (both innocents and mafians).

bbninjas is spamming walls of text, which will either intentionally or unintentionally overwhelm the people he's trying to convince he's contributing. It doesn't produce true ideas, forces a false sense of contribution, and is an incredibly sad tactic for someone supposed to be experienced to use.

BBninja is being a really silly boy. Three fantastic leads is hardly tunneling not even a full 24 hours day one and for some reason this scummy boy refuses to acknowledge the clear evidence. I think it's pretty clear what alignment bbninjas is already. I can point to places where what he says in his posts have been previously stated for every single relevant post of his.

Innohunting is a very important part of scumhunting, actually.

Nope, at this stage calling a player innocent looking does really more harm than good. One decent read from Jabberwock and he strikes you as innocent? Way too early to be in the clear, you bet it raises questionmarks...

YES, because town doesn't need to try and get information to decide a lynch. That's what you find scummy about Camo? The fact that he presses for player's roles? Are you tunneling that hard on Camoclone? Let me ask this, would you rather vote for him than jplap?

Nope, at this stage calling a player innocent looking does really more harm than good. One decent read from Jabberwock and he strikes you as innocent? Way too early to be in the clear, you bet it raises questionmarks...

Yeah, it does actually? I am reading him as innocent currently.

I don't see you having a problem with Camo, who is already reading three people as "obvious scum", nor anyone else who has been reading people mafia, which is strange because by this same logic, it is way too early to be in the clear about mafians too.

Yeah, it does actually? I am reading him as innocent currently.

I don't see you having a problem with Camo, who is already reading three people as "obvious scum", nor anyone else who has been reading people mafia, which is strange because by this same logic, it is way too early to be in the clear about mafians too.

Fine, you read Jabberwock as innocent all you want. But I don't have to tell you that calling players out for scum induces much more of a reaction. So far Camoclone has contributed much more by doing so. You don't have to state the obvious, I do not encourage anyone to be in the clear about mafians.

Right, except that there needs to be someone I find particularly scummy first, before I call them out. In the meantime, I'm asking questions and responding to other's questions.

What are your thoughts on what Camoclone has contributed? He has posted quite a bit as of late after all.

Camoclone's accusations so far don't impress me, it's mostly the omgus argument towards Mariano and MegaPod. Camo is pressing for info hard, I'm not sure with what motive yet. I guess his alignment is still clouded to me. I'm more suspicious of jplap, I get the impression he is told to stay low. I'm still surprised you don't find someone scummy enough to go after them, instead you state that Jabberwock strikes you as innocent... is your mafia radar defect or something...

I didn't answer earlier because this was such a poor question
Asking your reasoning for a vote is a poor question?

Take a clear look at this everyone. This is a classic example of new scum trying to defend another new scum. Let's try to even pretend for a second that any of this makes any logical sense whatsoever.
Where are you getting this from? And fyi, I've been scum multiple times in the past and I know how to not make my buddies obvious.

Basically he has no idea what I'm saying at all and therefore thinks I'm the scummiest thing ever. Think about for a second and you'll realize why it makes no logical sense whatsoever.
No, I heard what you said. It's the reason why you're saying it I'm unclear on. I don't see any pro town motives behind your actions.

So essentially what @MegaPod_781 is saying here is that I'm voting his scum buddy and therefore he doesn't like it.
A false conclusion drawn from false premises.

Why the flip are you trying to get everyone to vote someone they haven't expressed suspicions on without providing a reasonable case yourself?
Except I have. Good night, Camoclone.

Gonna sleep now, can't wait to see what fun I wake up to!

What NP said. He made an interesting point, and I wanted to move off RVS. So wynaut.

I don't consider it scummy because it's what Camo does, and I of all people know how much it sucks to be scumread for your townmeta.

It could be that, but it could also be trying to find the best lynch. And it's simply what Camo does, as scum and town. So it's NAI in my opinion.

Why are you so set on defending Camo? You say that it's NAI, so that means that he just as well might be scum?

Way too early...

Well, when you look at someone's signature, you never know what you'll find.

But she doesn't have a signature.

Why are you so set on defending Camo? You say that it's NAI, so that means that he just as well might be scum?
He does this as town and scum, and when he does it as town it helps a lot later in the game to my knowledge. Therefore, I'm townreading him until he does something scummy in another way. I do just wish he'd give some some better reasoning and actually answer why he thinks Mariano and MegaPod are scummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back