Finished Mafia XLIX: Fight for the Falls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
But what's the point of this? It's "no, I am Spartacus" but with seers. What's to be lost or gained from this?
To be gained from cop cover: cop's results known upon flip. To be lost: players who are too afraid to drop it and push their fake town scan/don't choose town scans for their fake result.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
To be gained from cop cover: cop's results known upon flip. To be lost: players who are too afraid to drop it and push their fake town scan/don't choose town scans for their fake result.
I get most of it, but for bolded, wdym? Wouldn't this entire thing be sort of random?

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Camoclone's Results N0: GekkisaiDaiNi Innocent
An excellent excuse not to ever have to bus your scumbuddy.
Nope, none. But I'm kinda trusting @Lord o da rings on this one, since she has Mafia experience.
How do you know that lordo has mafia experience? Because she mentioned it in your scumchat?
Welp this just reeks of inexperienced scum.
##UNVOTE:
##VOTE: MARIANO11887
No it doesn't.
Why? It's literal RVS, why place your trust in someone because of their experience? That doesn't rule them out from being scum. There are also other people, such as Camoclone and NinjaPenguin who are leagues better at this game than I am.
Veteran player trying to distance themselves from inexperienced scumbuddy.
This is exactly what I think of it.
You ninja'd me here. :U
Oh my god if I get ninja'd one more time I swear.
Trying awfully hard to agree with everyone, aren't you?
Also you can just look up terms, don't do that ''look at me I'm still learning thing''
Or just ask your buddies in your scumchat, @Professor_jplap.
I clicked this thread thinking I could just get a quick vote in before I go AFK... only to promptly click out upon realising that there are already three pages. e.e'
Will note that you didn't actually "get a quick vote in".
I'm throwing a vote on jplap because they knew Lorde was experienced without reading past games and followed them for no reason, which just seems ridiculous to believe:
##VOTE: Professor_jplap
This. So much this.
Case on Camo is trash, he always does this, except perhaps the thing about telling jplap to vote for Mariano.
Buddying. Hard.
I get most of it, but for bolded, wdym? Wouldn't this entire thing be sort of random?
If somebody accuses somebody else of being scum in their results, they're either true seer or have a vested interest in getting that other player lynched (I.E., they're scum). This is also why I disagree with Camo's plan––there's no logical reason for seer to actually let everybody else know that they scanned scum.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
An excellent excuse not to ever have to bus your scumbuddy.

How do you know that lordo has mafia experience? Because she mentioned it in your scumchat?

No it doesn't.

Veteran player trying to distance themselves from inexperienced scumbuddy.

Trying awfully hard to agree with everyone, aren't you?

Or just ask your buddies in your scumchat, @Professor_jplap.

Will note that you didn't actually "get a quick vote in".

This. So much this.

Buddying. Hard.

If somebody accuses somebody else of being scum in their results, they're either true seer or have a vested interest in getting that other player lynched (I.E., they're scum). This is also why I disagree with Camo's plan––there's no logical reason for seer to actually let everybody else know that they scanned scum.
Most of this post assumes a lot, casts a huge FoS, and looks at everything in the worse possible way. IE basically assuming jplap is scum throughout the entire post, and things I'll point out here:

To your first point: Or it's a genuine cop result.

To your second point: This is actually a good point, especially since jplap said he hasn't read any of the games.

To your third line: True TBH

To your fourth line: Orrr it's a veteran trying to help a newbie out.

To your fifth line:...or those are genuinely my opinions, and 2 people isn't everyone...

To your sixth line: Nothing to say

To your seventh line: Good point

To your eighth line: Except the case on Camo is terribad. You know it is.

To your ninth line: Makes sense

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
Whoooa slow down, what's all this I popped in to? I have no idea where Camoclone is coming from with his suspicions on Mariano or his weird mass results claim thing, so until I can look things over more carefully, for now they're my top scumread.

Vote: Camoclone

Also, it's weird to me that cops are called "seers" here, I would expect that to be another name for a medium, lol.

Lmao I don't have time to read the rest of the thread but have you ever seen a more obvious OMGUS? Guys vote this obvious scum.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Most of this post assumes a lot, casts a huge FoS, and looks at everything in the worse possible way.
Mhm. That's called scum hunting. ^.^

To your first point: Or it's a genuine cop result.

To your fifth line:...or those are genuinely my opinions, and 2 people isn't everyone...
You'll forgive me if I don't take your word for it.

To your fourth line: Orrr it's a veteran trying to help a newbie out.
Yeah that's buddying.

To your eighth line: Except the case on Camo is terribad. You know it is.
That's not the suspicious bit. It's that you––who've never played in a game with Camo––suddenly know all about his playstyle to the point where you're willing to defend it to other people. Where would you have picked this up? From your scumchat?

Glad to know you agree with me on everything else. That's most of my post, btw.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Mhm. That's called scum hunting. ^.^
I understand that, but I hope you realize that really the points I rebutted in my last post are all WIFOM.
You'll forgive me if I don't take your word for it.
'Course. ^w^
Yeah that's buddying.
Meh, not convinced.
That's not the suspicious bit. It's that you––who've never played in a game with Camo––suddenly know all about his playstyle to the point where you're willing to defend it to other people. Where would you have picked this up? From your scumchat?
I've read previous games that he was involved in and had my ear talked off about his playstyle by other players here, and been accused of Camoposting before.

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
Lmao I don't have time to read the rest of the thread but have you ever seen a more obvious OMGUS? Guys vote this obvious scum.
Dear Arceus...you call someone who isn't me obvious scum for no apparent reason, and my voting you for it is OMGUS? That's rich.

Also, the points made against jp are solid, far as I can tell.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
I understand that, but I hope you realize that really the points I rebutted in my last post are all WIFOM.
Not willing to say anything further on this until jplap responds. You should know why. Will happily discuss it further once he does.

I've read previous games that he was involved in and had my ear talked off about his playstyle by other players here, and been accused of Camoposting before.
And this makes you confident enough that you know how Camo plays that you're down to dismiss a case on those grounds?

Draskk

Blast From The Past
And this makes you confident enough that you know how Camo plays that you're down to dismiss a case on those grounds?
No, but it makes me confident enough to warn others about it and take scumreads based on it with a grain of salt.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Gekki, why so quick to bandwagon on the Mariano case? What’s even good about it?

I know! I know! Every single game you play and hard push someone within the first page of posts!

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
This reads terribly too btw. I see no reason to take this approach on the matter and not just vote. I also don't see why anything he's done looks scummy to you besides OMGUS.
I've never played a Mafia game with the style Camoclone is using and I find it weird, like a try to get more information about each player's role to decide who to kill at night, that is what I find scummy. But well, I'm going to read NP's link about covering seers to see if I get it, but for now I just don't see the benefits for the Town. And I didn't vote him yet for the reason I exposed, it's very early Day 1.
This sounds very logical. @Professor_jplap , can you explain it?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Camo, I get this is part of your playstyle, but that's bull and you know it.
For someone getting up Jabber for assuming, I find it hilarious that you have been operating under the assumption that Camo is town (this is shown in the bolded; it’s only bull, you don’t consider it to be scummy). I’m putting it down to Camo choosing to scan you as inno.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Gekki, why so quick to bandwagon on the Mariano case? What’s even good about it?
What NP said. He made an interesting point, and I wanted to move off RVS. So wynaut.
For someone getting up Jabber for assuming, I find it hilarious that you have been operating under the assumption that Camo is town (this is shown in the bolded; it’s only bull, you don’t consider it to be scummy). I’m putting it down to Camo choosing to scan you as inno.
I don't consider it scummy because it's what Camo does, and I of all people know how much it sucks to be scumread for your townmeta.
I've never played a Mafia game with the style Camoclone is using and I find it weird, like a try to get more information about each player's role to decide who to kill at night, that is what I find scummy. But well, I'm going to read NP's link about covering seers to see if I get it, but for now I just don't see the benefits for the Town. And I didn't vote him yet for the reason I exposed, it's very early Day 1.
It could be that, but it could also be trying to find the best lynch. And it's simply what Camo does, as scum and town. So it's NAI in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.