Finished Mafia XLIX: Fight for the Falls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been watching him check the thread so many times. Probably waiting for someone to tell him what to do in scumchat.

Ive been watching him check the thread so many times. Probably waiting for someone to tell him what to do in scumchat.
...or maybe he's busy with something else and just checking in. I asked you earlier why Mariano was scummy, and you never answered. Why exactly is he scummy?

Whoooa slow down, what's all this I popped in to? I have no idea where Camoclone is coming from with his suspicions on Mariano or his weird mass results claim thing, so until I can look things over more carefully, for now they're my top scumread.

Vote: Camoclone

Also, it's weird to me that cops are called "seers" here, I would expect that to be another name for a medium, lol.

Welp this just reeks of inexperienced scum.
##UNVOTE:
##VOTE: MARIANO11887
How

Why the flip are you trying to get jp to vote someone they haven't expressed suspicions on without providing a reasonable case yourself?

@Professor_jplap vote Mariano

It's not unrealistic at all. If you don't participate you are scum. They can't find the seer if people participate correctly. Those without information roles would need to guess more town than scum. If scum could determine who seer was enough information would be posted where we win.

You're saying whoever doesn't play along with your confusing plan is autoscum? Only Sith deal in absolutes!! (oh the irony of that reference)

Is it possible to lynch nobody?

Why u need 2 no

Also, it's weird to me that cops are called "seers" here, I would expect that to be another name for a medium, lol.

Our community has a long history of playing werewolf over mafia, only making the switch a bit over a year ago. I suppose the terminology is still around from back then, and seer is a common name for the cop in werewolf.

Why the flip are you trying to get jp to vote someone they haven't expressed suspicions on without providing a reasonable case yourself?

Probably fishing for a bandwagon from an inexperienced player...

Thought so. So, if I read the rules correctly, don't we need majority to lynch in this game? Because I suggest a Camoclone lynch.

@Professor_jplap
Your posts so far are surprisingly short, are you trying to reach that 6 post requirement without giving away any info? Sounds like inexperienced scum playing it safe, also don't be so eager to trust a player because they have experience...

Also you can just look up terms, don't do that ''look at me I'm still learning thing''

##VOTE: professor_jplap

^ now that there is an example of good reasoning behind reading someone as inexperienced scum. Camoclone, on the other hand, said that Mariano was inexperienced scum, but without any base for his argument.

Welp this just reeks of inexperienced scum.
##UNVOTE:
##VOTE: MARIANO11887
Why? What part of what I said is scummy for you?
Instead of telling new people what to do, why don't you properly expose your reasoning against me and let other players make their own conclusions?
I find this ironic because you have 4 numbers in your name yourself. :p
You are wrong, my name has 5 numbers :). And yes, it was ironic.
Everyone would be revealing "results" even if they don't have an active ability. Those that don't would cover the tracks of those who do.
I really don't get this. How people would reveal their "results" if they don't have an active ability?
What Camo wants is a bunch of fake results to masque the actual results. When someone with an investigative ability is killed, we would know find out that his results (which are already hidden among the fake results) are real.

The problem with this idea is that when someone without an ability has claimed these fake results, they would have to choose between sticking with those reads for the remainder of the game, or reveal that they in fact don't have an investigative ability, making it easier for scum to find the seer. For example, if Camo from now on ever starts going after Gekki, we would know that he faked his results (or suspects a framer, I guess).
I agree with this.
Anyways can we please discuss how scummy Mariano is now?
Again, what's the scummy thing in your opinion?
I had visits in my home and I entered once (not so many time like you said) through my phone to check the thread just because you tagged me and I wanted to see what it was. No way I had time to respond. We have lives outside this game.
Whoooa slow down, what's all this I popped in to? I have no idea where Camoclone is coming from with his suspicions on Mariano or his weird mass results claim thing, so until I can look things over more carefully, for now they're my top scumread.

Vote: Camoclone

MegaPod, you need to follow the format "##VOTE: Player" (with the hashtags) for the vote to be valid.
Thought so. So, if I read the rules correctly, don't we need majority to lynch in this game? Because I suggest a Camoclone lynch.
Yes, we need majority to lynch.
I also like the idea of the Camoclone lynch, but not right now, it's very early Day 1. It will be better to execute the lynch later so we have time to make more reads on the people in the meanwhile.

I clicked this thread thinking I could just get a quick vote in before I go AFK... only to promptly click out upon realising that there are already three pages. e.e'

I see that you've met Camoclone, Megapod (and Mariano). He's a character! ^.^

I had absolutely no clue what Camoclone was talking about regarding the seer thing until he reexplained: basically we all pretend to be seers (making up results if you aren't a seer), so that the real seer can hide amongst the fake results. It makes sense if not completely wild... assuming that there's actually a seer. I don't think two people misunderstanding it means we can't do it; I would actually expect the true seer to feign (or truly feel) uncertainty/be skeptical, and even then its just WIFOM - mafia are no more ahead of pinpointing seers because of people's reactions to the discussion thus far.

Anyways, I got to go. ta o/

Alrighty. Hello everyone!

@MegaPod_781 and @Mariano11887 this is how Camo usually acts within a game, whether he's town or scum. I'd suggest reading a few older games to get a better feel for how he plays.

Re: Camo's plan. I personally don't have a problem going along with it, since I understand what he's driving at. However, there are some issues, like the real seer not going along with the plan, or what simsands had said before, which make me a bit hesitant.

I'm also going ##WelcomeBack: Robin Aisaga. I haven't seen you in a long time.

Hey everybody! You're playing a Camoclone game, so don't lynch him for playing unusually because that's normal for him and it gives him really good reads that got him fearkilled often back when he played. Still, Camo, would you mind explaining your reasoning a bit more this time around because although I can understand your pressure, most can't?
For those unacquainted with the idea of Cop Cover, here's an article that tells you how it works and why it's helpful. Only one issue: Jade and TSM better not have a cop in this game or else they'll incur my wrath because I'm so mad at FtC being a staple of every game nowadays. I still don't like encouraging people to do it before they can gets reads on people, because that's iffy. Save Cop Covers for midday.
I'm throwing a vote on jplap because they knew Lorde was experienced without reading past games and followed them for no reason, which just seems ridiculous to believe:
##VOTE: Professor_jplap
I also like the idea of the Camoclone lynch, but not right now, it's very early Day 1. It will be better to execute the lynch later so we have time to make more reads on the people in the meanwhile.
This reads terribly too btw. I see no reason to take this approach on the matter and not just vote. I also don't see why anything he's done looks scummy to you besides OMGUS.

@MegaPod_781 and @Mariano11887 this is how Camo usually acts within a game, whether he's town or scum. I'd suggest reading a few older games to get a better feel for how he plays.

Re: Camo's plan. I personally don't have a problem going along with it, since I understand what he's driving at. However, there are some issues, like the real seer not going along with the plan, or what simsands had said before, which make me a bit hesitant.
You ninja'd me here. :U

This reads terribly too btw. I see no reason to take this approach on the matter and not just vote. I also don't see why anything he's done looks scummy to you besides OMGUS.
Oh my god if I get ninja'd one more time I swear.

Case on Camo is trash, he always does this, except perhaps the thing about telling jplap to vote for Mariano. Case on jplap is okay, but I'm taking it with a grain of salt since he is new. I'd like to see why Camo thinks Mariano is scummy, but I do agree with what NP just said. And because of that, I think we could use a little more pressure on Mariano. Not to mention basically any vote is better than RVS. So:

##UNVOTE:
##VOTE: Mariano11887

Case on Camo is trash, he always does this, except perhaps the thing about telling jplap to vote for Mariano.
This part reads iffy. You clearly don't know Camo if you don't know asking people to vote his target is a hallmark of his strategy.

This part reads iffy. You clearly don't know Camo if you don't know asking people to vote his target is a hallmark of his strategy.
I remember reading some of the games he's played, awhile ago. Someone's overall playstyle will stick in my head a lot better than small things like that

I had absolutely no clue what Camoclone was talking about regarding the seer thing until he reexplained: basically we all pretend to be seers (making up results if you aren't a seer), so that the real seer can hide amongst the fake results. It makes sense if not completely wild... assuming that there's actually a seer. I don't think two people misunderstanding it means we can't do it; I would actually expect the true seer to feign (or truly feel) uncertainty/be skeptical, and even then its just WIFOM - mafia are no more ahead of pinpointing seers because of people's reactions to the discussion thus far.
But what's the point of this? It's "no, I am Spartacus" but with seers. What's to be lost or gained from this?
I remember reading some of the games he's played, awhile ago. Someone's overall playstyle will stick in my head a lot better than small things like that
Yes but he uses votes and reads them better than anyone, tbh. It's not a small part, it's a key part of his playstyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back