Finished Mafia XLIX: Fight for the Falls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone would be revealing "results" even if they don't have an active ability. Those that don't would cover the tracks of those who do.
I guess that makes sense. But what if people who don't have active abilities (or active abilities that give them results) were just honest and said "I don't have any abilities that give me results"?

If we make up innocent results on people and they flip scum, how does that help the town? How do you discern between scum helping a friend and someone playing along with your idea?

Anyway. ##vote: GekkisaiDaiNi

I will be scarce for most of Friday, but I'll try to post at least a couple times.

What Camo wants is a bunch of fake results to masque the actual results. When someone with an investigative ability is killed, we would know find out that his results (which are already hidden among the fake results) are real.

The problem with this idea is that when someone without an ability has claimed these fake results, they would have to choose between sticking with those reads for the remainder of the game, or reveal that they in fact don't have an investigative ability, making it easier for scum to find the seer. For example, if Camo from now on ever starts going after Gekki, we would know that he faked his results (or suspects a framer, I guess).

Switching topics,

Kicking people is mean.

##VOTE: NinjaPenguin

What Camo wants is a bunch of fake results to masque the actual results. When someone with an investigative ability is killed, we would know find out that his results (which are already hidden among the fake results) are real.

The problem with this idea is that when someone without an ability has claimed these fake results, they would have to choose between sticking with those reads for the remainder of the game, or reveal that they in fact don't have an investigative ability, making it easier for scum to find the seer. For example, if Camo from now on ever starts going after Gekki, we would know that he faked his results (or suspects a framer, I guess).
This is exactly what I think of it.

There is enough people where scum can't find the seer until there is enough evidence to practically win the game if we do this right. Seers claim eventually anyways so it's not like we would have to do this the whole game.

The only way scum can figure out who the seer is if 1) a scum member had been hit and the rest of the reads are golden or 2) if everyone else was wrong . 2) is unlikely and even if it does occur that gives us massive amount of information. We can figure out who is town and who is scum easily based of other people's responses.

Also in theory if there was a doc they would be able to figure out power roles just as easily.

The benefits of mass claiming results largely outweighs the negatives. It gives us so much information so much power and so much security. The worst thing that can happen is the seer dies after around day four but that's bad not statistically unlikely either way. It would take at least four days and four results is a ton. Luckily that's worst case. It will likely take much longer than that if we do it right.

The benefits of mass claiming results largely outweighs the negatives. It gives us so much information so much power and so much security. The worst thing that can happen is the seer dies after around day four but that's bad not statistically unlikely either way. It would take at least four days and four results is a ton. Luckily that's worst case. It will likely take much longer than that if we do it right.

For reference, lets assume that you're not a seer, and that your results clearing Gekki are fake. Later on in the game, you start getting major scum vibes from Gekki. Do you A, ignore your previous claim and start pushing for him, or B, pretend that your results are true and ignore him?

By the time when that's relevant enough for scum the game will basically be over. Remember people should "fake claim" innocent a lot more than they claim scum. Way more. Someone being town is more likely than them being scum.

I don't really mind whether we massclaim results or not, I don't have any abilities that give me results.

I also don't have any abilities that give results. I still don't understand the whole mass result thing. We're encouraging people to lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back