Finished Mafia XLIX: Fight for the Falls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get most of it, but for bolded, wdym? Wouldn't this entire thing be sort of random?
Oh sorry I meant town reads.
Most of this post assumes a lot, casts a huge FoS, and looks at everything in the worse possible way. IE basically assuming jplap is scum throughout the entire post, and things I'll point out here:

To your first point: Or it's a genuine cop result.

To your second point: This is actually a good point, especially since jplap said he hasn't read any of the games.

To your third line: True TBH

To your fourth line: Orrr it's a veteran trying to help a newbie out.

To your fifth line:...or those are genuinely my opinions, and 2 people isn't everyone...

To your sixth line: Nothing to say

To your seventh line: Good point

To your eighth line: Except the case on Camo is terribad. You know it is.

To your ninth line: Makes sense
Yo Camo if BB is obvi scum for WoT, so is Gekki jsyk (yes, well aware this would contradict your seer result, just pointing it out). Especially when he could just summarize this thought in one sentence.
I've read previous games that he was involved in and had my ear talked off about his playstyle by other players here, and been accused of Camoposting before.
How does Camoposting relate to knowing how he pressures people like this?
This sounds very logical. @Professor_jplap , can you explain it?
Mind if I ask why Jabber's point, which was the exact same as mine but took the obvious next conclusion, is scummier than yours?
For someone getting up Jabber for assuming, I find it hilarious that you have been operating under the assumption that Camo is town (this is shown in the bolded; it’s only bull, you don’t consider it to be scummy). I’m putting it down to Camo choosing to scan you as inno.
BTW Gekki, Camo choosing to scan you as inno is pocketing if he's really scum.
Well, when you look at someone's signature, you never know what you'll find.
Someone tell me if Lorde has anything mafia related in her sig because I've turned those off.
Except I have. Good night, Camoclone.
The point Camo is trying to make is that you did the same thing you called him scummy for. For everyone: try looking for where Camo is being sarcastic, because it tends to be often and quite evident.

For realsies why aren't we pushing for bbninjas? He's not new and this is hard OMGUS.
##UNVOTE:
##VOTE: BBNINJAS

The amount of fluff posting bbninjas has done is honestly baffling for someone supposed to be experienced.

Someone tell me if Lorde has anything mafia related in her sig because I've turned those off.

I'm withdrawing my previous statement about Lorde's sig. Apparently the sigs are hidden by default when you're logged off and apparently I was logged off when I checked hers... If you click through a bunch of spoilers, there's some stuff about mafia.

@Camoclone Where did bb OMGUS?

Yeah, it does actually? I am reading him as innocent currently.

I don't see you having a problem with Camo, who is already reading three people as "obvious scum", nor anyone else who has been reading people mafia, which is strange because by this same logic, it is way too early to be in the clear about mafians too.
BBninjas plays dumb to how anyone who is town plays the game even though he's apparently experienced.

Right, except that there needs to be someone I find particularly scummy first, before I call them out. In the meantime, I'm asking questions and responding to other's questions.

What are your thoughts on what Camoclone has contributed? He has posted quite a bit as of late after all.
This is an incredibly safe and passive approach that scum prefers to take. "No accusations yet". There's a strong implication in his posts so far which is telling.

Can you please actually restate your reasons in future, instead of sending me off looking for them? If you actually know why you voted, then it'd take five seconds for you to repeat it and will save everyone the hassle.

Innohunting is a very important part of scumhunting, actually.

I don't like doing this regularly because when scum know exactly what the town are thinking, they can very easily manipulate them or be more on guard. Many a scum are caught when their guard is down.

--

Camo is spamming walls of text, which will either intentionally or unintentionally overwhelm the people he's tunneling. It doesn't produce true responses from them, forces momentum (not always a good thing), and gets flustered people lynched (both innocents and mafians).
Every recent post bbninjas has made has been with the intention of redirecting attention to me.

The above is a textbook example of scum. It doesn't reek of a new player just a scummy player.

BBninjas plays dumb to how anyone who is town plays the game even though he's apparently experienced.

This is an incredibly safe and passive approach that scum prefers to take. "No accusations yet". There's a strong implication in his posts so far which is telling.

Every recent post bbninjas has made has been with the intention of redirecting attention to me.
I don't think what you've pointed out is scummy from him, but I do think asking what someone thinks of Camo's posts without commenting on them himself is quite bad.
...Are you joking. Camoposting is how he pressures people.
I'm not; Camoposting is 1-2 sentence multiposts that don't relate at all to his pressure.

Let's go over all of bbninjas posts real quick.
I clicked this thread thinking I could just get a quick vote in before I go AFK... only to promptly click out upon realising that there are already three pages. e.e'

I see that you've met Camoclone, Megapod (and Mariano). He's a character! ^.^

I had absolutely no clue what Camoclone was talking about regarding the seer thing until he reexplained: basically we all pretend to be seers (making up results if you aren't a seer), so that the real seer can hide amongst the fake results. It makes sense if not completely wild... assuming that there's actually a seer. I don't think two people misunderstanding it means we can't do it; I would actually expect the true seer to feign (or truly feel) uncertainty/be skeptical, and even then its just WIFOM - mafia are no more ahead of pinpointing seers because of people's reactions to the discussion thus far.

Anyways, I got to go. ta o/
Thanks for getting a quick post in. Everyone please clearly look at how bbninjas provides nothing of substance here at all. He kindly informs us of his activity level. He mentions that I'm a character. And finally he posts a reaction to the mass claim seer. Nothing particularly wrong yet but note that nothing in this post is helpful to town at all. He does nothing to advance the town win condition in such a long post.

The next posts are from Jabberwock and are before bbninjas next post. Note the italicized stuff.
An excellent excuse not to ever have to bus your scumbuddy.

How do you know that lordo has mafia experience? Because she mentioned it in your scumchat?

No it doesn't.

Veteran player trying to distance themselves from inexperienced scumbuddy.

Trying awfully hard to agree with everyone, aren't you?

Or just ask your buddies in your scumchat, @Professor_jplap.

Will note that you didn't actually "get a quick vote in".

This. So much this.

Buddying. Hard.

If somebody accuses somebody else of being scum in their results, they're either true seer or have a vested interest in getting that other player lynched (I.E., they're scum). This is also why I disagree with Camo's plan––there's no logical reason for seer to actually let everybody else know that they scanned scum.

Mhm. That's called scum hunting. ^.^

You'll forgive me if I don't take your word for it.

Yeah that's buddying.

That's not the suspicious bit. It's that you––who've never played in a game with Camo––suddenly know all about his playstyle to the point where you're willing to defend it to other people. Where would you have picked this up? From your scumchat?

Glad to know you agree with me on everything else. That's most of my post, btw.

Not willing to say anything further on this until jplap responds. You should know why. Will happily discuss it further once he does.

And this makes you confident enough that you know how Camo plays that you're down to dismiss a case on those grounds?
Jabberwock makes some excellent points about Gekki but then bbninjas just jumps on the wagon with the next post.

Gekki, why so quick to bandwagon on the Mariano case? What’s even good about it?

I know! I know! Every single game you play and hard push someone within the first page of posts!
He asks Gekki a different question but it's in the same vein as Jabberwock. Again, not a contribution. He has no original thoughts yet. This is only his second post of the game though! Let's give him some time to actually post something of substance.

For someone getting up Jabber for assuming, I find it hilarious that you have been operating under the assumption that Camo is town (this is shown in the bolded; it’s only bull, you don’t consider it to be scummy). I’m putting it down to Camo choosing to scan you as inno.
Okay he just continues to echo what others have been saying. No original thoughts.

Jabber is the only player striking me as particulalry inno at the moment.
Okay well this is weird. Instead of talking about a potential lead he chooses the incredibly safe post of saying he thinks someone is innocent. About half a day into day one? lololololol. Let's quickly cover why this is incredibly scummy.
  1. He hasn't posted anything relevant yet.
  2. By posting that you think a player is town you don't stick your neck out at all.
  3. It's day one.
This is just overall playing it incredibly safe. That coupled with the fact that he literally hasn't posted any new thought yet and is just piggybacking on others poorly is incredibly suspicious.

@Jabber Regarding my lack of voting; enough discussion had passed so that voting for the sake of voting would be rather pointless (especially if I’m not around any time after that). I would have liked to make a pressure vote at least, but I hadn’t read anything thoroughly enough to actually know who I’d like to pressure.

That also conveniently answers your more recent question, Jabber; yes, I’m still on mobile and still haven’t had the chance to read properly yet. If you say that my recent questioning is not scumhunting, then I have no clue what you’re expecting.

@Metapod, I’m pretty confident that Gekki would have explicitly said Camo was scummy if he thought as such. Gekki confirmed that my interpretation of his post was correct anyway.
Okay well his first point is incredibly scummy. Voting is the only tool town has to win and the fact that he refuses to use it means he's trying to play incredibly safe. The italicized part just is silly. There should be tons of people he wants to pressure. Why not Gekki? It's just so confusing and so safe.

I'm shaking in my boots! I mean, of course my posts will stand out - along with MegaPod and Mariano, and bar a few instances of others, they appear to be the only ones you are reading. :rolleyes:
Okay irrelevant post.

Can you please actually restate your reasons in future, instead of sending me off looking for them? If you actually know why you voted, then it'd take five seconds for you to repeat it and will save everyone the hassle.

Okay

Innohunting is a very important part of scumhunting, actually.

We've already covered this.

I don't like doing this regularly because when scum know exactly what the town are thinking, they can very easily manipulate them or be more on guard. Many a scum are caught when their guard is down.

Okay but again, not relevant to furthering the town's win condition.

--

Camo is spamming walls of text, which will either intentionally or unintentionally overwhelm the people he's tunneling. It doesn't produce true responses from them, forces momentum (not always a good thing), and gets flustered people lynched (both innocents and mafians).

Bang! Now our boy decides to throw this little quip in. He feels pressured by me and decides to try and shift the momentum and start guiding discussion. Not that this is again just a subtle thing that doesn't mean anything.
Bolded. Nothing in this post furthers the town win condition.

Nope, at this stage calling a player innocent looking does really more harm than good. One decent read from Jabberwock and he strikes you as innocent? Way too early to be in the clear, you bet it raises questionmarks...

YES, because town doesn't need to try and get information to decide a lynch. That's what you find scummy about Camo? The fact that he presses for player's roles? Are you tunneling that hard on Camoclone? Let me ask this, would you rather vote for him than jplap?
Ding ding ding. I'm impressed Robin. BBninjas raises a ton of question marks. Robin understands that you need information to get a lynch but for some reason the veteran bbninjas has completely forgot how to add original thoughts that scumhunt.

Yeah, it does actually? I am reading him as innocent currently.

I don't see you having a problem with Camo, who is already reading three people as "obvious scum", nor anyone else who has been reading people mafia, which is strange because by this same logic, it is way too early to be in the clear about mafians too.
And bang. Again, here it is. Just a defense. Robin understands how you play mafia but for some reason the veteran bbninjas has seemed to forget how to contribute. Nothing thus far has been of any use to town.

Right, except that there needs to be someone I find particularly scummy first, before I call them out. In the meantime, I'm asking questions and responding to other's questions.

What are your thoughts on what Camoclone has contributed? He has posted quite a bit as of late after all.
lol. I don't need to explain this crap do I?? He's just been playing passive and safe all game.

Gonna read the entire thread again, 100% sure there are things I'm missing and a better wagon to be on than Mariano.

I like Camo's bb case, don't like the MegaPod case that much, and am still OK with a jplap or Mariano lynch. Mariano & jplap need to be contributing a lot more, and I'm the only vote on Mariano ATM. So for now, I'm keeping my vote there until I see more posts from Mariano.

Day 1 vote count #1

The player with the most votes will be bolded.

MegaPod_781 - Jplap, Lord (1)
Professor_Jplap - Camo, Robin, NP (4)
quakingpunch73 - Mariano (1)
Mariano11887 - Camo, Gekki (1)
Lord o da rings - Gekki (0)
GekkisaiDaiNi - PMJ (1)
NinjaPenguin - Simsands (1)
Camoclone - Megapod (1)
Robin Aisaga - Quaking (1)
bbninjas - Camo (1)

Professor_Jplap is at L-4

@Alex Sableye has yet to like the confirmation post.

Day 1 ends Wednesday February 7th at 10am EST.

I didn't answer earlier because this was such a poor question.
Asking for a reason to place his vote where you told him to isn't a poor question lol.
Take a clear look at this everyone. This is a classic example of new scum trying to defend another new scum. Let's try to even pretend for a second that any of this makes any logical sense whatsoever.

Basically he has no idea what I'm saying at all and therefore thinks I'm the scummiest thing ever. Think about for a second and you'll realize why it makes no logical sense whatsoever.

So essentially what @MegaPod_781 is saying here is that I'm voting his scum buddy and therefore he doesn't like it.

Why the flip are you trying to get everyone to vote someone they haven't expressed suspicions on without providing a reasonable case yourself?

This is just straight up the scummiest thing ever coupled with his prior posts.
Except he does have a case––that you're demanding that people jump on a wagon without telling anyone why. That's a lot more than you had when you told everyone to vote Mariano.
Have you finished rereading the thread yet?
He does this as town and scum, and when he does it as town it helps a lot later in the game to my knowledge. Therefore, I'm townreading him until he does something scummy in another way. I do just wish he'd give some some better reasoning and actually answer why he thinks Mariano and MegaPod are scummy.
Innocent until proven guilty doesn't work in this game. That's the entire point of forming reads.
I'm not; Camoposting is 1-2 sentence multiposts that don't relate at all to his pressure.
Semantics.
This pertains to what I said how?
Because you being accused of Camoposting isn't a viable excuse for knowing Camo's playstyle.
Okay he just continues to echo what others have been saying. No original thoughts.
Much like your scumbuddy Gekki!
@quakingpunch73 about 2 - 3 or 1 win

@simsands Random Stuff -> Resume
What are your thoughts on literally anything in this thread so far that hasn't been directly related to you?

Sorry guys, running a 102 Fahrenheit (39 Celsius) fever, so I'm gonna stop playing mostly for next couple of IRL days and hopefully be back at EoD.
Get some good leads while I'm gone and don't let activity fall off a cliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back